• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

i got 4% intelligence in one test once because i said i didn't like to think about philosophy. i guess they thought i answered that i didn't care about philosophy when i actually answered that i don't like to think about it because then i can't stop thinking about it and i'll get anxious as hell from fear of death and whatnot

scored extra high on neuroticism tho and i can see why

Reminds me of a diagnostic test I took once. I was anxious as I took it and did it extremely fast, and then the psychologist asked if I basically lied when answering all the questions. The conversation went kind of like this:

"Based on your answers, you shouldn't be as high functioning as you actually are. You shouldn't even be functioning at all."

"How would I have had time to think about lying that much if I took the test that quickly?"

"Well, some questions are meant to trick people so we can see if they're lying or paying attention to the questions at all. Like the one that asked you if you ever get junk mail. You said you never get junk mail, but everyone gets junk mail. How do you explain that?"

"I didn't forward my address when I moved here on purpose so I'd stop getting shit sent to me. It's worked so far."

cue raised eyebrows

tl;dr I'm an anomaly or the test was stupid, you decide

You said you never get junk mail, but everyone gets junk mail. How do you explain that?
One of the perks of not doing anything interesting with my life is that I don't get junk mail. I can't remember the last time I even got regular mail that wasn't a birthday card from the grandparents.

It's fascinating to think about the concept of junk mail, though. Where does it come from, and where do these companies get your information? Who is responsible for selling address databases, and to who? What other information gets out there to such companies, and is there any realistic way to prevent it?

I don't know, that sounds really cute to me!
Sorry it came late but here it is.
39578845644_cc2a08d8d6_b.jpg

And I get quite a bit of junk mail, texts, and calls.

yesterday i was stuck on a physics problem in my homework that i just could not get right (you can try as many times as you like without penalties), so i randomly put some numbers in for the answer and clicked submit.

they were the right ones.

it had four digits

One of the perks of not doing anything interesting with my life is that I don't get junk mail. I can't remember the last time I even got regular mail that wasn't a birthday card from the grandparents.

It's fascinating to think about the concept of junk mail, though. Where does it come from, and where do these companies get your information? Who is responsible for selling address databases, and to who? What other information gets out there to such companies, and is there any realistic way to prevent it?
People are willing to pay for such information thus more than one hacker will have its try at cracking a database or two (if not for money than for the fun or glory). What's in there? Passwords, usernames, e-mail adresses, IP adresses, activity logs and/or any other information you fed it. As for where this information comes from: Have I been pwned? Check if your email has been compromised in a data breach

And what is this bizarre thing called "life"? That sounds almost as strange as this other anomalistical word I came across yesterday. Girl.

;)

Last edited:
So. Someone on fanfiction.net taken my idea for Kanto: There and Back Again, but instead done almost nothing to expand the world whatsoever, or write in an engaging way, and wouldn't you know it? It's already got a blindly positive review.

There's a reason I prefer posting here, let's just put it that way.

I've always been suspicious of services such as these. What better way to get someone's information for nefarious purposes than mask it with good intentions? This is why I've absolutely refused to take part in those activities that they do in school field trips to places like police stations. Pretty sure everyone but me in my criminal justice studies class has their fingerprints on file now. Same with those ancestry DNA tests.

If you didn't notice, paranoia is a pillar of my existence.

I've always been suspicious of services such as these. What better way to get someone's information for nefarious purposes than mask it with good intentions? This is why I've absolutely refused to take part in those activities that they do in school field trips to places like police stations. Pretty sure everyone but me in my criminal justice studies class has their fingerprints on file now. Same with those ancestry DNA tests.

If you didn't notice, paranoia is a pillar of my existence.
Then I would stay clear of the internet and mobile phones. The internet never forgets anything.

I never get junk emails, or any emails that aren't website notifications that I never read.

Seriously, how do I get Twitter to stop emailing me?

there should be an option to unsubscribe from email notifications given to you somewhere in the email

yesterday i was stuck on a physics problem in my homework that i just could not get right (you can try as many times as you like without penalties), so i randomly put some numbers in for the answer and clicked submit.

it had four digits
hey fren are you free this weekend? I'm thinking you and I go to Vegas.

it had four digits
Wait... this sounds like Mastering Physics. Which, I have very bad memories of. In which case, congrats on beating the system at its own game. Wanna send me some of that luck digitally so I can buy a lotto ticket?

i did manage to find out what formulas i should have used afterwards which was good news since i also had to take a timed online test on the week's content so i could actually get good scores on it

the real meme is that this is a course on electrical systems, a mandatory course, even though i'm going into IT. so you can probably guess how excited i am about trying to make sense of random power line trivia.

on an unrelated note... anyone else get kinda cold feet when writing a climactic chapter? i should be doing mine, but i keep worrying it won't live up to the buildup. and i suppose in a way i also don't want my story to come to an end when i don't have clear plans for what to do afterwards yet ;_;

There sure are a lot of new faces around here... I only recognize one name on this page! The fact that this community is still as strong as it was during my day, maybe even stronger, is a very heartwarming thing!

Welcome back(?)! This is a pretty nice corner of the Internet, IMO, so here's to hoping you stick around to enjoy it with us. ;)

Back
Top Bottom