• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

A headcanon is an idea you insert into a pre-existing story that doesn't contradict canon, but isn't fleshed out enough to be a theory.

Hey would it be ok for me to write about undertale as a way of celebrating it coming to the switch?

Also, I once read a Tumblr post about disabled Pokémon Trainer headcanons, and one of them was that the first person to find the Regis was blind. Someone should write a fanfic about that.

That's... a really good idea that I might steal. Then again, I've no idea what being blind is like, so I'd have to get someone who actually is blind to help me out on that. The idea sounds like it would fit better as a one shot as opposed to a chaptered story, though, so maybe I could struggle through it.

If you wanted to experience blindness, take a blindfold you may buy in £1 shop or in a hotel room or inside the hygiene item packet distributed on airplanes (depends on the airline company, though). For the best result, I rather suggest a VR headset because they don't allow lights going in, just remember don't turn it on. WEAR IT FOR AT LEAST 24 HOURS AND DO NOT DARE TO TAKE IT OFF EVEN FOR A SECOND!!!

For the first several hours, I'm sure you don't want to move. If you dare to move, you will feel fearful even that is just going from your room to the toilet at next door which is just a few meters away. And I'm sure you will tripped something several times during that time.
One shall be lucky if the blinded person has family member to help, but if not? You will be horrified for the inability of your daily activities. How can you cook your dinner when you cannot see? How can you bath when you cannot see? How can you change your clothes when you cannot see? How can you tell where were all the things you needed? In the next several hours, I'm sure you will start to feel yourself being useless and powerless by simply losing your visual. Luckily is that this simulated blindness will last for only 24 hours. But if you are really blinded where this darkness will go on forever? Asking this question will surely increase your fear to another upper level.
Then in the next several hours, your terror and desperation will be maximized whenever you think of this blindness will never go away. You shall have a mental breakdown even your closest family member is right next to you. You have no means to fight away this blindness, you will be so desperate where hoping God will spare some mercy for a miracle.

.....OK, miracle happens. Take off your blindfold, your visual is back to normal. Call for the end of this simulation game.

I think I shall not continue the description further, because this may become a horror fiction. If you are so concerned for the continuation, you may try this simulation game yourself.

yeah but what if i don't want to experience blindness, then what do i do

Wouldn't just keeping your eyes closed be enough to imitate blindness? As long as you dont fall asleep anyways.

Wouldn't just keeping your eyes closed be enough to imitate blindness? As long as you dont fall asleep anyways.
If you're simply keeping your eyes closed by willpower, then eventually your brain's going to get tired of that and tell you to cut that nonsense out.

Back
Top Bottom