• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

One thing I don't like about this site is how the colour of links is indistinguishable from normal text at a glance.

I was going to make a chemistry pun, but all the good ones argon.
Are you using bluebook? I can see where you're coming from if so. I'm using distortion world and the difference is very noticeable

ORAS theme is still best theme <3 links are bright as day

EDIT: on second though I just tried Distortion World and it’s a hoot too

Trying to speak to someone at the opposite side of the globe by phone is a heck. Because when you are awake, they are asleep, and vice versa.

Especially when that phone is office landline of a company...... Office hour is your bedtime hour. What can I do?

The only reason I know what tungsten is, is because there's this book which represents the elements as cartoon characters, and it says that tungsten means "heavy stone". There's a book by the same company about biology.

I can't find a good way to explain how I can appreciate the story of Rescue Team because it isn't too larger-than-life, jabbing Super in the process. I don't like how convoluted the Pokémon lore is now.

How complicated is Pokemon lore? And it's universes. We can't forget the Pokemon multiverse is a thing. And that it's potentially more confusing then the legend of Zelda timeline.

And it has multiple canons of anime, game, manga, TCG, and many others, where it may or may not cross border with one another.

Rescue Team is a story about Pokémon. The plot was kicked off by a Ninetales' curse and Gardevoir's protective nature, you rescue two Magnemite that got stuck together, and Xatu, a Pokémon that sees the past and future, alerts everyone that they need to get Rayquaza, the god of the sky, to blow up a meteor. The plot is based on pre-existing Pokémon lore.

Later installments overcomplicated things by introducing eldritch abominations and supernatural forces that only appear for one game. If Chunsoft want to create their own lore, they should at least be consistent with it.

Back in Gen 3, the most complicated thing in the lore was Shadow Pokémon, which is why I'd like to see them in a Pokémon Mystery Dungeon game one day. Imagine a human who was sent to the Pokémon world to save it, but turned evil, and is now corrupting Pokémon into beings that lack moral inhibitions.

I find normal people a lot more compelling villains than larger-than-life monsters. It's a Fullmetal Alchemist vs Fullmetal Alchemist situation.

Eldritch abomination? You mean like the ultra beasts? I mean come on. Some of them are pretty weird. And Guzzlords just a giant walking mouth thing.

Those still fall under the "overcomplicated lore" umbrella, mind.

I want to do a let's play of Rescue Team one day. Should I wait until I can get a 3DS capture card to do Blue, or should I get Red on Wii U Virtual Console?

If you want overcomplicated lore, go to Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn series. Except he's a master at portraying it and having every little bit tie into the plot somehow or have some significance to a character. Finally finished the series a few days ago,and I should've taken notes as I read...

Back
Top Bottom