• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

I haven't played Klonoa so I don't know anything about it's bosses. But this boss formed Dark matters face.

SPOILERS! (Though I accidentally already knew that.)

I was also interest by how TV Tropes says it adds a lot to the Kirby lore, but I don't want to learn about how until I play the game for myself. Should I get a Switch or a New 2DS XL?

I think you should get a switch. If you have a 3ds then you don't exactly need a new 3ds. Because a majority of 3ds games don't need a new 3ds.

The reason I asked is because Monster Hunter Stories was clearly designed for the New 3DS, and my 3DS' R button is broken. Also, does Ever Oasis support the second circle pad?

Hmm. Are there any switch games I can download that are 35 dollars? I ask because I just used a 35 dollar funds card on my switch.

The shift in setting and characters can be a little jarring at first, but I found it just as immersive as the first series once I settled in.

Also, I definitely agree on taking notes. Besides Atium and Copper, I still have trouble remembering which metals do what.

Maybe I'll give it a shot, then, at some point. My next reading projects are the Ace Attorney Investigations manga series and the third book of the Stormlight Archive released recently (also by Brandon Sanderson, hehe). Already have these books on hand, so!

I can remember some terms... Soothing's a common one I always found fascinating, but no idea what metal that uses??? lmao. Duralumin is another one I remember, but only because of its plot significance with kandra. Pewter is associated with strength, tin with eyesight... I think the biggest issue was that Sanderson incorporated 2-3 other terms for each metal, and since there's 14 (or 16, technically) metals scattered throughout the trilogy, it can be a bit much.

About PMD, I always found it weird why your characters can't evolve there. It's really weird considering it's a dungeon crawler and an RPG to boot, but I guess that in retrospect it also makes sense since, if your characters could evolve, you wouldn't rely on the items or anything else and will just focus on beating things down with powerful attacks or something.

Oops.

I've lost interest in reading books recently.

Also, I'm reading the TV Tropes pages for Star Allies, and on the YMMV page, there's a Counterpart Comparison entry that mentions Klonoa final bosses. I didn't click on the spoiler tags to see what they were hiding, but I'm intrigued now. I already know one word of the final boss' name and what colour it is, but that's it.
Spoiler: It's similar to that jolly psychopath
majora

About PMD, I always found it weird why your characters can't evolve there. It's really weird considering it's a dungeon crawler and an RPG to boot, but I guess that in retrospect it also makes sense since, if your characters could evolve, you wouldn't rely on the items or anything else and will just focus on beating things down with powerful attacks or something.

When you are playing Dungeon RPG, it is not like battle between enemy is the main point. Traps and hunger are enough to take your life.

Try Chocobo Dungeon series or Fuurai no Shiren Dungeon series. Your characters won't evolve. So you are only going to rely on your stats and weapon when encounter an enemy.

I don't think I've ever made a thread on this website.

My next let's play will be Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team! I get bored of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon let's plays really quickly because there's a lot of text and the players typically don't talk about their opinions on the game much, with CrystalStarStudios' let's play of Explorers of Darkness being the exception, so this should be interesting.

Last edited:
And the next book is...wait for it...The Lost Metal.

shocked-meme.jpg

I think the reason why my story idea is stuck is because it's set in a fantasy world with no grounding in familiarity, and I'm doing it as prose purely because I can't afford to do it in any other medium. I also need a good reason for a forest critter to meet a sea dragon.

Also, the link colour on Bluebook has changed!

Okay, I just finished Breath of the Wild, and oh man what a game.

My favorite part was surprisingly the smallest of details.
During the thirteenth memory you recover, as well as when you retrieve the master sword, you can hear the same jingle the master sword gives off when Fi is talking to you in Skyward Sword. I don't know why, but given Skyward Sword's ending and that little moment combined, I almost cried. It's good to know the companion I was most emotionally attached to is still alive and kicking'!

Now if only Linebeck were in the game. Then it'd be perfect.

Back
Top Bottom