• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Well, there's the reason why.
That's not always the reason why. When I was younger, my parents' car got absolutely totalled while it was in a parking lot at a supermarket. It was parked within the space, nothing overhanging into the driving section, they weren't even within 500 feet of the car. Not a single shred of evidence that they were potentially at fault... and the company jacked up their monthly rate citing "risky behavior" over something they had no control over short of never driving the car to the supermarket.

The only way to win the game of car insurance is to not play. It's stupid.

So, speaking of crazy car stuff, guess who woke up this morning to find his car missing a tire valve cap? Like, it seriously just must've fallen off somehow and I have no idea what could've happened. Thank god there was an auto parts store open super early. Averted a possible tire blow out.

uh oh... looks like the tire valve cap goblin is on the loose again...

I've been on a bit of an Orre kick recently (I have a copy of Colosseum I haven't played yet that I got months ago, but I've watched some videos about both games recently), and now I want to see a fanfic linking Orre, Oblivia, Unova, and Alola into one country. Unless Alola overwrites Oblivia as the Hawaii region, but still.

Incidentally, I like the theory that Almia is near Sinnoh.

y'all better clap for me because something real damn grand happened today. i finally found my copy of super mystery dungeon! i thought i'd lost it possibly forever after not finding in the places i looked, but turns out it was in the pouch my bro uses to carry around the 3ds. gonna play it right now, so stokes about getting it back. hope i still remember how everything works.

I last played it a few weeks ago, and stopped after dying against the boss of Road to Primeval Forest. Why can't you save in midpoints in this game?

I wanted to go into it unspoiled, but got tired of waiting and watched Marriland's entire let's play before it was even released in Europe. Considering my gripes with the story, I don't regret it.

Last edited:
Hope you're enjoying it, canisaries!

Weird question, but... you guys know how a lot of people have done projects with short drabbles based on each Pokémon Pokédex entries (like this one)? A lot are actual short stories and a lot are worldbuilding-focused, but are there any like this that focus on character building with bios and the like?

I love little projects like that. I don't think I'd have the capacity or stamina to do an entire 800+ Pokedex on top of the 14,000,603 stories I am currently writing, but it could be cool to do as part of some collaborative thing.

I'm interested in buying Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness in the near future, but the only PAL copy I can find costs £77. If I put the foreign names into Google Shopping Search, will I get better results? (By the way, German AND French for "Gale of Darkness" both sound exceedingly silly to an English-speaker like me.)

I'm interested in buying Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness in the near future, but the only PAL copy I can find costs £77. If I put the foreign names into Google Shopping Search, will I get better results? (By the way, German AND French for "Gale of Darkness" both sound exceedingly silly to an English-speaker like me.)
Perhaps, but "Der Dunkle Sturm" is literally "the dark storm", so it's somewhat accurate.

Hi guys, longtime no see.

I decided to drop by to tell you guys the good news. As of today, I am going to be a published author. My novel got picked up by a publisher!

It all started here. And I want to thank everyone on this forum, especially the old timers who were here when I was at my most active. It is because of all of you that I was able to enjoy writing Pokemon fanfics and continue sharpening my skills with the guidance of our discussions and your reviews.

Keep writing everyone. There is so much writing talent on this forum, and many of you are way better writers than I am, so the sky is the limit for you! Keep it up! If writing is a dream of yours, keep going! You never know what will happen.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Oh wow, congratulations!! :D

Seriously, massive amounts of cheers from me!

Last edited:
Yeah, I shouldn't really start another project either, but... those who know me know that I'm apparently always am looking for more to add to my plate. :p

Also, congrats, @Legacy! That's a huge accomplishment! Super glad you were able to drop by and let us know! I agree everyone should always keep writing! Your stories need you. The words you want to say but haven't said yet need you. <3

Back
Top Bottom