• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

America is terrifying to me. (For many reasons besides this, actually.) I live in a country where kids with congenital illnesses get free healthcare at point of contact and the idea that this is a controversial thing overseas is a mild culture shock every time I'm reminded of it.
Yeah, as much as I like living in the US, we've got plenty of big problems right now. I could go on all day about it, but that's probably a can of worms that should stay closed on here.

Eh, I can discuss politics civilly. This isn't exactly a great place to do so, though. I'd want to keep the chat pretty casual, I think!

In my experience, the only civil politics discussions that happen are ones where just about everyone agree with each other on a certain idea and it turns into a big echo chamber, leaving the one or two people who disagree totally out in the rain. I personally don't like to see it around here because of things like that.

But I'm not the head honcho in charge, so I won't put a foot down to completely stamp it out.

It's not my place either to totally block a conversation topic that hasn't started, even one that's notorious for bad endings. xD

But anyway, since it's a collective agreement to NOPE outta that topic for numerous reasons, here's a question I posted on Discord last night and which doesn't really warrant its own thread, IMO: Has anyone tried multiple short writing sprints in a day? I've been considering just dropping everything every two hours and writing in 10-15 minute bursts in an attempt to be more productive. Since I do work and school from home, it's plausible for me, at least, but I absolutely hate getting interrupted mid-task, so not sure it'll be helpful so much as irritating. :p Buttttttt the sprints I have done have been extremely helpful, to the point I'm knocking out half a scene in that 10-15 minutes, so if I can increase the amount of sprints I'm doing, well... P R O L I F I C C

Interesting to see what works for different people! Yeah, by no means do I ever get all the detail I want to with limited time or going so fast... or on the other extreme, I go overkill with the details. Edits edits edits abound. But it's something, in the end, so I'm happy with it, usually. ^^

With all the hours I spend working on my stuff (several a day) you'd think I'd be more productive, but no, instead I spend much time whipping my mind over matters such as "should this character really respond/react like that?", "dialogue lines are flat and lifeless, fix it", "this character is doing nothing but smiling, fix that too" or "do I have a proper understanding of Nogal's psychology considering his past and mental issue?".

With all the hours I spend working on my stuff (several a day) you'd think I'd be more productive, but no, instead I spend much time whipping my mind over matters such as "should this character really respond/react like that?", "dialogue lines are flat and lifeless, fix it", "this character is doing nothing but smiling, fix that too" or "do I have a proper understanding of Nogal's psychology considering his past and mental issue?".

Yep, this is pretty much what pushed me into doing sprint mode, so I don't think about those things until a draft is out. Of course, I haven't tried getting back into the edit mindset yet, so that might be tricky. :\

According to TV Tropes...
Unlike previous remakes, these remakes will not allow Kanto Pokémon to evolve at all if the evolution was introduced after Generation I, which affects 15 families (20 if baby Pokémon and Miltank are included).
Miltank appears on the same page as Tauros in the Alola PokéDex, yes, but they're not related by evolution.

I was honestly sceptical about Let's Go when it was leaked because it seemed too pandering to be true.

Anyone else feel bloody nervous right after you release something you've been working on for a too long time? I am.

In celebration of Two Perfect Coward's debut, I'll put on a certain Iced Earth song.

Had my partner's pet bearded dragon put down yesterday and it was pretty devastating. She's moved in with me now, which is great, but she's still got to grieve. These are peculiar times. Trying to handle personal life, studies and writing all at once, and it's challenging.

Sorry if that was too heavy for people to want to respond to! Oh dear. No worries, we're doing alright.

Update is that my family are looking to move house this year, which will be disruptive but I see the sense in it given the circumstances.

My studies are picking up a little but I'm desperate to get the next couple chapters of DE done asap due to the awards season. Wish me luck!

Back
Top Bottom