• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Sometimes I come up with the perfect idea for art based off of my fanfiction and then I realize "wait! My drawing skills aren't to good!" And then I go "I wonder if I could ask someone." And then I go "no, I shouldn't ask someone. What if I accidentally sound mean or if I say something the wrong way?"

Anyway, good late evening everyone.

Sometimes I come up with the perfect idea for art based off of my fanfiction and then I realize "wait! My drawing skills aren't to good!" And then I go "I wonder if I could ask someone." And then I go "no, I shouldn't ask someone. What if I accidentally sound mean or if I say something the wrong way?"

Anyway, good late evening everyone.

If you mean asking another person to make art for your fic, we do provide art prizes for those who read&&review other fics around the Writers Workshop here. ^^

Lately I've actually been interested in trying to learn how to draw... again. :p I bought a tablet a while back, thinking I'd prefer digital art, but... no, pen and paper is where it's at for me there. So now I have a new sketchbook and some nice graphite pencils and watercolors and everything. I think the tutorials and lessons on I've been following have been helpful for learning the basics, so we'll see how it goes.

Housewarming 2: Warmer House went really well and it was a fantastic time. Now on the train to London, where I will hopefully get to meet @Gama and see Hamilton :0

I've seen people say that the reason why Destiny Deoxys is the only Gen 3 movie that's still available on DVD is because of problems with Miramax... except Pokémon Heroes and Destiny Deoxys were both distributed by Miramax in the UK.

Also, I had a Build-a-Bear Workshop voucher which said it wasn't valid on Pokémon plushies. Is it a corporate mandate thing?

If you mean asking another person to make art for your fic, we do provide art prizes for those who read&&review other fics around the Writers Workshop here. ^^

Lately I've actually been interested in trying to learn how to draw... again. :p I bought a tablet a while back, thinking I'd prefer digital art, but... no, pen and paper is where it's at for me there. So now I have a new sketchbook and some nice graphite pencils and watercolors and everything. I think the tutorials and lessons on I've been following have been helpful for learning the basics, so we'll see how it goes.
Now you've torn me. Because that sounds fun (prizes or not) but I'm always afraid of criticizing people for risk of sounding mean.

I've seen people say that the reason why Destiny Deoxys is the only Gen 3 movie that's still available on DVD is because of problems with Miramax... except Pokémon Heroes and Destiny Deoxys were both distributed by Miramax in the UK.

Also, I had a Build-a-Bear Workshop voucher which said it wasn't valid on Pokémon plushies. Is it a corporate mandate thing?

I like to believe it's the only gen three movie on dvd because it's the only one worth watching /s

Now you've torn me. Because that sounds fun (prizes or not) but I'm always afraid of criticizing people for risk of sounding mean.

Yeah, I know what you mean. You can always start small and say what you like about a work and speculate on the characters/plot and stuff! Authors like knowing people are reading and what their thoughts are, too; not every review has to be an in-depth constructive essay. If you wanna try it out sometime and run a review by me before posting, I’ll help as best I can!

One small thing can be the biggest thing of all.

Speaking as both a writer and a YouTuber, a generic "this is good" statement can be the most disheartening thing of all. Why was it good? What did you like about it?

Unrelated to anything and everything: I just noticed that the leafeon on the pride skin looks like it's eating a korok.

So, with the review league I just... pick a random fic and review it?

Additionally: I just realized I've never actually managed to read an entire fanfiction through to the end before.

In, like, a day or so you'll even be able to capitalize on a point bonus by reviewing fics that got nominated for the awards. am i doing this right, dp? XP

In, like, a day or so you'll even be able to capitalize on a point bonus by reviewing fics that got nominated for the awards. am i doing this right, dp? XP

Lmao, well, you’re not wrong. ;)

Well, I’ll definitely review something when I get the chance. I’m just not exactly good at pointing out glaring points in stuff aside from mine… ^^;

I extend my offer to you, too, to help out if you wanna pass a review by me before posting! And remember even just pointing out stuff you liked and how you reacted to certain dialogue/scenes/characters/etc as you read them is good! :)

Back
Top Bottom