• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

The main reason why I don't want to see Pokémon Heroes is because 4Kids cut out the backstory, cropped it, and added a blue tint.

In other news, I recently remembered that about two years ago, I linked to something that someone (not anyone who frequents this thread, by the way) said on this site to complain about it. In hindsight, that was quite rude.

Last edited:
@Fulcrum
I have to second you on Heroes being awesome (particularly because of its ending, which even 16 years later is pretty powerful by Pokémon standards). Best of its era, though? I'd be tempted to agree that it's one of the best, but I also personally think that the first three movies give it some fairly stiff competition for that title. I wonder what they said was so horrible about Heroes though... for all of its flaws, there are certainly far better targets in the series for trash-talking than that film!

Welcome back, by the way... you seem to be one of many people here who are coming back after long absences.

My problem with reading the directory:

Hmmm... that fic sounds interesting... *looks at rating* *sees rating is mature* *does not read mature content for some reason* dammit!

My problem with reading the directory:

Hmmm... that fic sounds interesting... *looks at rating* *sees rating is mature* *does not read mature content for some reason* dammit!

mature stories come in pretty many flavors, though, especially since not all fic ratings have been updated since the rating revision. i think more stories were tagged mature before, when now they'd fall in the teen category. you can always check the story thread itself and see how the author has explained why the story belongs in the chosen rating.

Yes indeed - which is one reason why the mods are hot on making sure updated fics get updated Ratings as well. Stories should let you know what kind of content they have, even TEEN or EVERYONE.

The point is for situations like this, so people have more choice about what they want to read

I've just noticed how my writing is largely fluid. Like, I have a basic skeleton of what I want (for example "in this chapter they talk to Surge and Koga") and then I end up writing something as I go that I didn't originally plan but worked all the same. In the instance previously mentioned it was Hermes being gay.

Yikes. Completely spontaneously, the day after I return to the forum, I get an alert telling me I've received a new review on a oneshot I posted...ooh, eight years ago now? How do people keep finding it??? The reviews kept trickling in at about one a month for like six years, but they finally stopped last August... or so I thought.

*yawn* Morning WW. What are your plans (writing or otherwise) for today.

I've still got to finish chapter 8. Argh. At the moment I think it's the most depressing thing I've ever wrote.

I want to finish my own Chapter 8 too, actually. Mine's a much-needed rollicking battle sequence, though, because if my fic needs anything it's a swift kick up the pants and some explosions.

well i finished seiren's chapter 8 yesterday and i'm gonna post it to forums today... :thonk:

Seeing Hamilton the other day was fantastic, and yesterday was a chance to recharge. Turned out that my partner's birthday gift to me was securing permission from our landlord to have a cat, arranging for her family's cat to be brought round, and ordering all the cat care essentials we need. His name is Spencer and he's a real charmer. I love him so much, guys. He's the sweetest — very quiet, headbutts you all the time, enjoys a good belly rub.

Today it's time to clean up after the housewarming from the other day, get council tax and whatnot done, do laundry, shopping, all those sorts of things. I'll certainly have some time left over for fanfic stuff, I'm sure.

Oh, and I've got an interview on Monday I'm very excited about, so wish me luck!

For a while, I've been stuck with what the conflict could be for an original story idea I have, when I remembered that I really like an archetype I like to call the "manipulatrice": a cunning, vain female villain who manipulates others with threats of violence. The best example of this is Blister from Wings of Fire.

Remember, self, that the villain doesn't need to have a deep motivation. It just has to make sense. The Art of Cars 2 says that a good villain isn't necessarily sympathetic, but you can understand why they're doing what they're doing. While I certainly wouldn't say that applies to the Worst Film Ever 2k11, it's certainly good advice.

(If you're wondering, the villain's plan in Cars 2 involves making himself look bad so he can get money, and his motivation is implied to be because he wants revenge on the world.)

Last edited:
Wasn't cars 2 a terrible movie? I haven't watched it but I've heard it's terrible.

Also, I finally finished chapter 8. And I came up with a good way to make last names (or first names, in Surge's case) for canon characters.

I shall be posting it shortly.

@unrepentantAuthor NEED KITTY PICS! And happy birthday!!!

@Fulcrum Welcome back!!! I was wondering where you went. :p

Also... three people all being on chapter 8 of their fic is amusing. Does 888 have some connotation like 777 or 666 does? Hmm...

As for my writing. Uh. I hope to continue with a Phantom Project interlude, but I just woke up and have a bad pain in my temple, so I don't know. If I wake up with a headache, it usually lasts all day, and I have weekend work to do with a hard deadline to prioritize.

@unrepentantAuthor NEED KITTY PICS! And happy birthday!!!

@Fulcrum Welcome back!!! I was wondering where you went. :p

Also... three people all being on chapter 8 of their fic is amusing. Does 888 have some connotation like 777 or 666 does? Hmm...

As for my writing. Uh. I hope to continue with a Phantom Project interlude, but I just woke up and have a bad pain in my temple, so I don't know. If I wake up with a headache, it usually lasts all day, and I have weekend work to do with a hard deadline to prioritize.
According to wikipedia, 888 represents Jesus.

Oh? My upcoming chapter is going to feature a (fallen) deity of sort.

Coincidence? :eek:
tenor.gif

Back
Top Bottom