• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

8 is a lucky number in China.

Wasn't cars 2 a terrible movie? I haven't watched it but I've heard it's terrible.
Yeah... it had a ton of fundamental problems that I'll analyse in a YouTube video one day.

Speaking of which, that'll be part of my Indigo Riffs on Things series. The first, and so far only, episode is on the Rescue Team anime special.
  • I'm considering doing the Explorers anime special (because someone suggested that to me), and I've also written enough notes for The Rise of Darkrai to make a video about that. I don't want to pigeonhole myself into doing Pokémon, not to mention that they'll get taken down for copyright immediately.
  • I don't want Indigo Riffs on Cars 2 to be the second episode because going from a short, comedic video to a long, analytical video would be too jarring, and set people's expectations too high.
  • So... does anyone have any ideas? It must be family-friendly, have an official English dub, and not be too hard to obtain legally.

You could try the Super Mario Bros movie. You know, the terrible live action one. Lot's of comedic value there.

I remember when it had a Wii channel. All I can remember is that the first episode annoyed me. Might be worth a revisit, though, but no promises.

I have a fair few things to say about My Little Pony: The Movie (2017), but Hasbro is apparently another copyright-trigger-happy company.

Everything I say in my videos is my honest opinion.

I'd suggest the Emoji Movie but noone deserves to sit theough that garbage fire. Noone.

Maybe Howard the Duck?

there were only two good things about the emoji movie. the first one being that patrick stewart now can proudly say with 100% honesty that yes, i played poop. the second one is the christmas miracle of jacksfilms getting a premiere ticket to the movie from the makers themselves due to 6 months of shitposting about it

I cannot believe they did that tbh. Kudos to them for taking it in stride rather than trying to shut jacksfilms down or something - after all the trash he talked about the movie, I could totally have seen that happening. They won goodwill and free publicity for it, though, so it was a smart move.

Still a terrible effing movie, though. Huuurgggghh.

I don't want to watch things I've never seen before just for the sake of riffing on them, that's the problem. If they're things that everyone hates, my impressions of them have been shaped by reviewers, so my opinions wouldn't be earnest. I also have a bad habit of completely disregarding other people's suggestions when I ask for them.

As for The Emoji Movie, I don't want to watch clips of it because I'm worried I'll end up liking it, but I've seen a few reviews. To be honest, I liked the joke about text emoticons, and so did The Crimson Mayhem. I also laughed when it was first announced.

The Land Before Time isn't too long, and I have a few things to say about it... but not anything funny or analytical, so my hypothetical riff-view would probably be boring.

A rifle through my DVD collection it is, then!

The Kirby Anime isn't bad, per say. In fact a lot of people liked it. It's still rife for riffing material, though. Especially for Kirby fans.

The Kirby anime is the only suggestion I've been given here that I would actually want to do. How trigger-happy are the copyright holders?

The Kirby Anime isn't bad, per say. In fact a lot of people liked it. It's still rife for riffing material, though. Especially for Kirby fans.
The Kirby anime is a guilty pleasure. One of the few 4Kids dubs I'll happily watch. Dubya Dedede will never fail to make me laugh. XD

The Kirby anime is the only suggestion I've been given here that I would actually want to do. How trigger-happy are the copyright holders?
Beats me.

It was produced by studio sign and studio comet and Iwata himself was on the production team.

4-kids is dead and they previously liscensed it.

FUNimation liscenses the DVD version.

I'm not sure how much control HAL Labs has over it.

The Kirby anime is a guilty pleasure. One of the few 4Kids dubs I'll happily watch. Dubya Dedede will never fail to make me laugh. XD
I like Meta Knight's voice in the anime. Partially because his voice actor once recorded a small thing of Meta Knight confessing his love for Galacta Knight.

FUNimation liscenses the DVD version.
Wait, what?

Wasn't 4Kids absorbed into its parent company a few years ago? I want to say Toei, but I'm not sure.

Speaking of FUNimation, I've never seen new Fullmetal Alchemist (2003) DVDs in stores, and I haven't seen used ones in years. I know FUNimation lost their licence a few years ago, but you're guaranteed to find a Brotherhood boxset in every HMV. I think Manga Entertainment bought the rights to Brotherhood in the UK? FMA03 is on Netflix, sure, but they keep the Japanese screentext there.

I'll upload kitty photos later or tomorrow I expect, @diamondpearl876! And thank you!

Did 50 words of writing late last night out of sheer spite and bloodymindedness. Got an interview tomorrow, but gonna do some writing as well. Wish me luck.

Back
Top Bottom