• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Sad news, for me at least. Tried to go back and find the fic that got me started writing, because I wanted to talk about it in short foreward before my latest fic (As the fic gets its title from it), only to find the author has wiped his entire account. I've tried most of what I can to find it, but alas, it appears to be fully gone. Say what you want about internet permanence, but sometimes things just... disappear.

Sad news, for me at least. Tried to go back and find the fic that got me started writing, because I wanted to talk about it in short foreward before my latest fic (As the fic gets its title from it), only to find the author has wiped his entire account. I've tried most of what I can to find it, but alas, it appears to be fully gone. Say what you want about internet permanence, but sometimes things just... disappear.

Have you considered trying the Wayback Machine?

Have you considered trying the Wayback Machine?
I've tried wayback, got nothing. Problem with wayback is that someone has to consciously make a decision to archive the page, and who's gonna do that for a fanfiction with very little traffic in what was, at the time, a dead series.

Sorry to hear, @UselessBytes. :C Having been on the other end of this, I always wonder if I should've just sucked up the shame of my old terrible fics on FF.net... lol. There's an audience for everything, after all. I have these fics elsewhere, because I've learned that permanently deleting anything leads to regret - at some point, I will want to look back at things for one reason or another - but I guess chances are they didn't think anyone would miss the fic.

Also, I don't know anything about Kirby other than the fact that the character is super duper adorable. I've failed you all. :p

I scoured all my old work from the internet a long time ago. I saved backups just in case I wanted the material for posterity, but the backups are somewhat corrupted. The text is still all there, still legible, but the formatting is mental and riven through with garbage symbols and junk data. It's possible that I can find a fix for it or just extract the text the hard way, but I've got very little motivation to do so.

Anyway, great news! I heard late last night that I got the job! Super chuffed about this. I begin on Monday.

There exists somewhere an utterly atrocious fic from that weird period at around age 13 when I had uh. No idea how anything worked. Characters randomly had Japanese names for no reason - and like, wrong-gender ones. Like the main character's mum was named Sasuke or something???? The story was very cookie-cutter journey fic and I have blocked most of the details from my memory. I just remember a piece of descriptive writing about a fountain that I was very proud of at the time, and something about a Milotic. Oh, and the main character's starter was an Eevee because of course it was.

Some things are best off remaining buried.

Alright guys, I might have found it! Apparently like two years ago some dude archived basically all of ff.net at the time and uploaded it as a bunch of massive zip files sorted alphabetically by series. I'm extracting the "M"s and I'm pretty sure I saw the author's name flash by. I'll let yall know!

I guess I could do an AU where Pokemon being able to talk is normal. It's always been like that.
But if it's a regular trainerfic you have to address questions like why people are allowed to own Pokemon when they're not only sentient but also able to express themselves in a clear and intelligible way. Trust me (and Canis) on this one - it gets very messy very fast.

pmd. if you do a trainerfic then good luck making the society make sense t. tried it

But if it's a regular trainerfic you have to address questions like why people are allowed to own Pokemon when they're not only sentient but also able to express themselves in a clear and intelligible way. Trust me (and Canis) on this one - it gets very messy very fast.

You know, I shall take your and Canis's word on it.
Although, look at Digimon, the creatures can talk, they are sentient and are owned.

A New World, A New Way (2014-2016)

In all seriousness, think about how society would function in a world where humans and Pokemon were truly equals and no-one questioned it. What would they have to adapt to function for every species? Think Zootopia.

i have some of that incorporated... for example, jess (a pidgeot) owns gloves that allow him to use a smartphone and a saddle-like swivel chair in front of his computer. i didn't have a chance to show it, but i thought of giving trains a dedicated zone to poison types to ensure safety and odorlessness for the other passengers.

Alright, fanfiction recovered! Got all three fics I was looking for from the archive! The formatting is atrocious seeing as they're all .txt files, but uploading them to google drive should sort that all out!

Back
Top Bottom