• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

I suspect that if people avoided using Doduo/Dodrio in fics, it's because of the multiple heads thing. Does each one have a separate personality? How do they control their bodies? What are the psychological consequences of living with two heads on one body? These would be more issues to explore with a main character, though.

I suspect that if people avoided using Doduo/Dodrio in fics, it's because of the multiple heads thing. Does each one have a separate personality? How do they control their bodies? What are the psychological consequences of living with two heads on one body? These would be more issues to explore with a main character, though.

Well, this pretty much applies to all multi-headed Pokémon, like Weezing, Magneton, Dugtrio, Zweilous and so on.

Personally, I take some inspiration from Siamese twins, whose heads may either alternate the control of the body or have control of some parts of the body.

Certainly an interesting topic.

Well, this pretty much applies to all multi-headed Pokémon, like Weezing, Magneton, Dugtrio, Zweilous and so on.

Personally, I take some inspiration from Siamese twins, whose heads may either alternate the control of the body or have control of some parts of the body.

Certainly an interesting topic.

Interesting indeed! I don't see those 'mons used often, either... except Magnemite, which, amusingly enough, rarely evolves when I see it.

I'm approaching a brief mini-arc after I finish chapter(s) 10 and/or 11.

It's about a trial.

Any suggestions for that?

Doduo/drio are just some of those Pokemon that it's absolutely impossible to write about because of that. I included Castform in Dawn of Darkness partly as I thought it would be worth giving it some fan fic love, and it became clear quite quickly why no one really gives that a second thought. Same with Shellder in Eight Easy Steps.

Multi heads themselves I don't see much of an issue with. Weezing I think you could work with since the smaller head is kind of a tumour. Admittedly, you don't often seen Hydregion showing up in fics despite being a psuedo. Does it technically have three heads, but two of them are also hands as well?

I believe Hygreigon's two 'side heads', for lack of a better term, are stated to not have brains in one Pokedex entry or another - correct me if I'm wrong on that, it's been a while since I read its entry. So I wonder, do they even still count as heads at all? Or does that make them technically just hands that happen to look like heads? They appear to have eyes as well, so I guess you could debate whether or not it can see from each head.

Not to mention that raises all sorts of questions about it evolving from Zweilous, which very explicitly has a brain in each head, since apparently its heads don't get along with each other very well. So... does one of them 'win' and the other die off when it evolves to Hydreigon?

I like the way the two headed ogres are portrayed in the Warcraft universe: one is usually unintelligent but knows how to fist fight really well, so that side will take over during a physical confrontation. The other is usually much more intelligent and knows how to deal with magic and diplomacy, so that side will take the lead when needed. When a situation in which neither specializes in comes up, they typically bicker and fight each other rather than get anything useful done.

Long story short, since Doduo isn't good at anything other than flying despite a clear lack of wings, it'd just peck the other head's eyes out in a fight for who should be in control.

Oh right, forgot to ask before...

I might put a Doduo/rio in Your Heart Is in Two Worlds, just for Canis...

What was this referring to? I can't remember asking anyone to put a Doduo or Dodrio in a fic. Have I just forgotten?

I've had a crazy time at work this week. However, the crunch is now over and I can de-stress a little. Really hoping I can spend some of my weekend actually writing.

End of the month. I received my salary. But I'm not satisfying.

It is not job problem. Actually I like my job. But I don't have anything specific I want to buy or to spend on. 70% of my salary accumulates in my bank account.
I have the cash, but I feel very poor, mentally speaking.

Curiosity out of the blue. Can we the fanfic writer deemed ourselves criminals, for breaking the copyright law of using a company's intellectual property without the said company's permission?

Fanfiction doesn't threaten sales. If anything, it's free advertising.

Hell, even pirated copies of games and shows usually translate to more sales, not fewer.

Back
Top Bottom