• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

I just got an idea to recycle Your Heart Is in Two Worlds as about a human who becomes a waterbound Pokémon, and they feel sad about it, and their friends try to cheer them up.

I've been turned off Gurren Lagann for years because I'm worried I'll go through Awesomeness Withdrawal afterwards.

A legitimate concern. I spend all my days searching for a show that'll get me as invested and as hyped. My Hero Academia has been getting close, though, and knowing what's to come in season four, It very well might.

@UselessBytes have you tried jojo? part 2 and 4 are my faves. also i think kill la kill gets somewhat ttgl at times (you just gotta uhhhh soldier through the fanservice and make sure no one else is around)

@BackSet man someone hasn't seen mob psycho 100

@UselessBytes have you tried jojo? part 2 and 4 are my faves. also i think kill la kill gets somewhat ttgl at times (you just gotta uhhhh soldier through the fanservice and make sure no one else is around)

@BackSet man someone hasn't seen mob psycho 100

>Implying I haven't seen KLK

Also, I need to try and watch jojos at some point, I've heard a ton of good things about it. Also lots of memes

I don't watch a huge amount of anime, but some others I've enjoyed include: FMA:B, PMMM, NGE, Fate/Zero, Code Geass, I think maybe some others. All of those have their own issues. Except FMA, which is perfect. ;3

I hope you know those are fighting words my friend.

TTGL's inspiring thesis of drilling your own path to the heavens without regard for obstacle or opposition is wonderful. It really is. The whole spiral motif, the scale of the climax, "when did you get taller than me" -- these are all brilliant. But TTGL falls short in character, consistency, and in not being fairly sexist all the damn time. So, no, I can't endorse it without reservations. I didn't say it was bad, only that it was definitely worth a watch and that it had problems with its writing!

Everyone's anime watchlist are 99% "old" animes more than 5 year history... No one interested in any new title produced within the recent 5 years?

hot take: the only episodes necessary in part 1 are the first three and probably like the last one. the rest i don't even remember. i'm sure they were nice but you don't have to punch through em if you don't wanna. first three eps of part 1 are like a self contained movie and the last ep of part 1 is important for lore reasons

i remember when i forced my mom to watch the first three eps cause i wanted her to see "real vampires" (contrast: she's watched the twilight movies like 40 times by now) but she just said it was too gory and grim

apples sometimes do fall far from the tree umu

Back
Top Bottom