• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

I've been out of things to say for about a year now. Also been kinda busy with irl stuff, which is a shock as this is the first time in centuries I've been swamped with stuff to do.

I've been hyper busy myself, recently. I haven't been able to write all the past two weeks. Hopefully I'll be more active again soon.

Happy Birthday!

I am on a slight high at the moment. I just wrote a long in the making scene for 8ES - something that has been brewing since the story first began back in 1867 or however long it has been. I kind of can't believe I have made it to this part (even if it has taken far too long) and am just so excited by what it means. Anyone ever had that feeling?

@Nitro Indigo
Happy birthday to you! Birthdays are always a special day, and I hope that this one was particularly enjoyable for you.

I suppose that this chain of discussion is a good opportunity for me resurface after not really posting for a long while (not that I've ever been a master of post count on these forums, haha). Not too much has happened in my real life that hasn't been happening before, honestly. That said, things have been busy enough — and not really conducive to writing enough — that I'll most likely fail to meet my self-imposed deadline for posting the first chapter of my fanfic Mirror Adventures... which was supposed to be at the end of this month. It's a pretty sucky feeling, because for the longest time I had really hoped that I could actually accomplish meeting that deadline. However, I do have some solaces to keep me from feeling too terrible, namely that: 1) I do think I'm starting to get an actual feel for the direction that I want to go in for the first few chapters (versus simply having vague ideas), and: 2) I've set a new deadline for myself closer to the end of the year that I think I'll have a decent chance of actually meeting this time.

Sorry you missed the deadline, but don't kick yourself over it! It's better to get the story to a place you are happy with rather than rushing it out or anything to meet a deadline. Deadlines are good to help you get going and finish what you've started, but putting too much pressure on yourself can be unproductive if you rush out something that isn't quite ready. Just focus on the work rather than when it's coming out and things will work much better :)

Man I need to stop watching so much anime. It gives too many story ideas that distract me from my other projects.

BUT

I actually got a really good idea that I wanna flesh out. It's gonna focus on a group of highschoolers, and the big focus of the story will be how they're too focused on small, insignificant problems, (As teenagers tend to do) and their focus on these problems supernaturally balloons into something much more serious. For example, a teen too worried about not fitting in or finding a friend group after moving schools suddenly might find himself becoming invisible to the people around him, or a girl hyper focused on her weight and appearance might find herself quite literally weightless and unable to interact with the world because of it.

I'm probably gonna make it a pretty short endeavor- probably two or three chapters per character, and probably only three or four characters.

Spent seven hours this weekend working overtime, and I was off ill today. I guess it balances out. Feeling very much better now, but I'm still gonna take it fairly easy this week if I can.

Writing kinda got put on the backburner while I was hauling ass to get my configuration ready, so I'm gonna try and pump out a lot more words on the bus for the rest of the month. Oof.

huh, it really must be the season, i'm ill right now.

writing for me is being squeezed a lot to all the moments i only have my phone available. with five ongoing courses, the computer time is pretty much spent up by homework and projects of different kinds. :/

i'm moseying along the hunter haunted revision at an okay pace, but pletora's story is kind of at a part that would require an actual good sitting down to get right, and seiren is basically comatose for the time being. i also have a oneshot i'm trying to complete for a monthly prompt elsewhere, but it's coming along pretty slowly.

I'm getting my races and world all built up for my new original fantasy. I'm planning on making it actual publishable material, but just so I don't feel completely isolated, I might make a little episodic series to practice writing about these races, along with executing some ideas that aren't likely to be developed enough to become a full-fledged story.

Besides, it's free advertising. :p

@canisaries, @lucarioknight56, good luck to you both.

I'm fine, just really tense at work today. Hope it clears up soon. Looking forward to my first proper day off later this month.

Wish I had more time for everything I don't have time for...

I'm beginning to think the sanest man I've met all year carries around a ten-foot cross on his shoulder. He's certainly the happiest man I've met all year.

It's a running theme that I, too, don't have as much time to write as I'd like. Though perhaps what time I do have is being used more productively, so it's not all bad news by any means

Back
Top Bottom