• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

I've had thoughts in the past about making the story of Different Eyes into an original fiction piece. I don't believe it's possible.

@Snuggle Tier List - sorry to hear of your troubles. Best of luck getting through them.

So, how about that Death Stranding trailer, huh? Damnit, Kojima. Who else could release a nine minute long trailer video and still have us know almost nothing concrete about the game yet be incredibly hyped? Also I'm now listening to Path by Apocalyptica on repeat thanks to said trailer. Brilliant.

In personal news, I have a promising interview tomorrow and it's also the deadline for submitting a short story to the local annual competition. I don't have long to prepare because I haven't focused on it lately. You know, like an idiot. :confused: Wish me luck!

how to legally monetize pokemon fanfiction
  1. write fanfiction
  2. buy nintendo
  3. its not fanfiction if you own the property
  4. checkmate
No, no, no. That's completely ridiculous. Nintendo's a publicly traded company. To "own" Nintendo, we just need to buy 51% of their market cap (a controlling stake).

Anyone got a spare $18,666,000,000?

Ever heard of the guy who temporarily had over a trillion whatevers in his bank account due to an error?

EDIT: Also, I was thinking earlier about how illogical it was on hindsight that Gen 1 drills in that "there are 150 Pokémon", and when more show up in the anime, it's treated like a huge mystery... Only for it to turn out that these Pokémon aren't from a distant land, but from a neighbouring country.

Last edited:
My guess is that they weren't expecting it to actually be a success that warranted a sequel. Weren't cute monster games/animes an absolute dime a dozen in Japan back then?

Hey, guys. Checking in for the first time in a while. I saw Detective Pikachu last weekend, and found it very enjoyable. My favorite part was probably listening to the kids explain everything to their parents. Now I’m back at the movies again waiting for Godzilla: King of the Monsters to start. Bring on the gratuitous destruction!

I came up with a character I really liked yesterday, but today I can't reproduce what made her so likeable. It's so annoying!

Spent the past few days mostly away from these forums due to real life crap. Nice to see the forum's been mostly sleepy with me (apart from that battling ethics thread, which I might join when the time's right).
I came up with a character I really liked yesterday, but today I can't reproduce what made her so likeable. It's so annoying!
You could try developing your character in the Character Development Den! Perhaps playing around a little might jog the memory?

Had an... interesting few days. Job interview that went well, but still didn't get the job. Submitted a short story to a local competition which offers a cash prize. Went to my partner's gran's BBQ bday party, which was exhausting, if somewhat pleasant. Got to see several lovely pets, that's the upside. And went to a community connector training session. Just feel tired now. And stressed about finding work. :/

Still, I'm not giving up on writing, and I've signed up as a member of the writing studio next to my house. Gonna spend some serious time there writing this week!

Also, today I finished watching I Choose You! While the first half was a delightful rendition of the pokémon world and felt like a legit trainer journey, the second half was honestly fucking bizarre. If you've seen it, you know what I'm talking about. Still glad I watched it, overall. Plus, that was some excellent combat! Phew.

Hope everyone else is doing well. :bulbaWave:

Aw, too bad you didn't get the job. But don't worry I'm sure there are lots of other opportunities. Have you considered freelance work on the internet? Not as a full time thing, but it could bring in some extra money and get you experience. Anyway, good thing that you enjoyed your day!

Is "I Choose You" the one which reboots Ash's journey and adds in Marshadow and Cynthia's child (Verity)? I personally liked that one a lot, even if the ending was a little underwhelming.
Then again, I'm not familiar with the Pokemon anime and I wouldn't notice if it was too different to the rest of the anime.

Hello, there. Just making a sub post.
googles it
Urban Dictionary said:
Subposting is sort of like subtweeting but on any platform of social media. Most people subpost with the intention of secretly talking about or referencing (typically a person) that they are angry or annoyed at without directly naming or tagging said person(s). Sometimes subposting can be in a positive manner but usually not as it is an activity usually used by passive-aggressive people.

uhh well i'm lost. what do you mean by sub post here because this definition doesn't look applicable in this scenario

Hi all — I'd just like to remind everyone that posts should contribute to discussion. This is the general chat thread, so nobody's getting on anybody's case about dropping in just to say hi or anything, but the appropriate way to subscribe to a thread is by watching it via the thread options. Cheers.

So, who else here likes cooking? I made a nice dish with mushrooms, greens and rice yesterday. I fouled it up slightly by accidentally doubling the amount of salt in it, but I'm gonna give it another shot today with spare ingredients and this time I'll do a nice sesame, soy and lime dressing for it~ I love cooking, it's just a shame that my feet hurt so bad all the time and distract me.

Hi all — I'd just like to remind everyone that posts should contribute to discussion. This is the general chat thread, so nobody's getting on anybody's case about dropping in just to say hi or anything, but the appropriate way to subscribe to a thread is by watching it via the thread options. Cheers.

So, who else here likes cooking? I made a nice dish with mushrooms, greens and rice yesterday. I fouled it up slightly by accidentally doubling the amount of salt in it, but I'm gonna give it another shot today with spare ingredients and this time I'll do a nice sesame, soy and lime dressing for it~ I love cooking, it's just a shame that my feet hurt so bad all the time and distract me.
I took a cooking class once. Problem is, I ended up with horrible partners so it wasn't as fun as it should have been. Otherwise, I make pancakes sometimes and it's pretty fun.

I have a weird thing where I don’t get hungry, so I usually just cook all at once on Sunday and then unquestionably eat the exact same thing throughout the week. It’s not terribly fun, but I really hate washing dishes lol.

This week is green curry lentils with stewed tomatoes and it turned out quite well! compared to one week where I tried to make shepherd’s pie and had to eat mush for a week

Wow, and I thought I had a high tolerance for repetitive food! I tend to have the same breakfast or lunch several days in a row, usually a favourite sandwich or a Breakfast Of The Month.

I used to hate washing up, due to sensory issues and bodily pains, but I'm over it. Now I find enjoyment in the satisfaction of a job well done. It helps to live independently, you start taking more pride in looking after stuff when it's Your Stuff.

Funny you should mention growing herbs, @Beth Pavell — we started growing our own literally yesterday. Starting with coriander!

Today's been an odd day. I've barely stopped to relax, haven't so much as started up a video game, and yet I have no idea where all my time has gone.

Something that's been eating more of my time than usual just recently is my Esperanto practice. Duolingo has recently introduced competitive leaderboards, and while I was perfectly happy to do a few minutes a day before, I now feel the competitive urge to be in the top x each week that gets promoted to the next league. It's perfectly unsustainable, as the top users are single-minded maniacs who churn through thousands of XP per day! But it's good for my learning~

Cxu iu cxi tie lernas alian lingvon, aux cxu gxi estas nur mi? | Is anyone here learning another language, or is it just me?

Back
Top Bottom