• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

I swear Truegreen7 did a video where he reacted to videos of Pokémon-inspired games, including Lockstin and Gnoggin's Temtem video, but I've never been able to find it. Any help?

Sorry for double-posting, but I realised earlier that it's rare for fanfics to imply the existence of non-canon locations unless they're set in a fan region. Like, a lot of fanfics will list every main series region at the time as if they're the entire world. I feel like including a throwaway line like this in a fic:

Character 1: So if Corphish are an invasive species in Hoenn, where we're they originally from?
Character 2: Oh, they're from [insert description of a non-canon region that's vague enough to future-proof the fic here.]

To be fair, a lot of real life people have very limited world views. Your average American, for example, would probably describe the world as being the USA, Canada, Mexico, and then as many European countries as they can name.

Sorry for double-posting, but I realised earlier that it's rare for fanfics to imply the existence of non-canon locations unless they're set in a fan region. Like, a lot of fanfics will list every main series region at the time as if they're the entire world.
Worldbuilding hard and not everybody into writing fanfics want to play around with every aspect of it, if at all, and those already inclined into worldbuilding would be making a whole fan region already.

@Greninjaman

A smaller area generally means fewer locations. The reason why the anime expands the canon regions is to enhance the scope, and make it more suitable for a TV show--because the show would've ended a long time ago if it was limited to just game locations.
That does make sense when you put it that way. Of course, I could have just the canon towns and cities and just add smaller things in between. Like ranches, forests, and caves and stuff.

I have similar gripes. Particularly when it comes to updating stuff I have on forums. I also try to avoid special formatting because when I copy-paste it too here I have to go through and reformat things. It's why I don't write Ace Attorney fanfiction anymore.

Was the challenge easy? Hard? Somewhere in between?
It was fairly easy. All I really had to do was change the reason for Link going into the tree, since I was not following the main story of Ocarina of Time. It would be a bit odd if he got the Kokiri Emerald and then the story ends (though I guess I could have changed the purpose of the Emerald). What did you think of the story? I think I have improved greatly.

I will admit, I was initially going to have Saria die so that I had an excuse for Link to go to the Forest Temple, which is, like, right there. Of course, I changed my mind and had Saria not die. I do have a list of other dungeons to stories for.

Back
Top Bottom