• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

@Greninjaman

That could be the starting point for a re-imagining/remix of Ocarina of Time. (I would encourage you to explore/research the cancelled Ura Zelda project for more ideas)
If the Deku Tree did survive, wouldn't the story (at least before the 7-Year Time Skip) still be the same? After all, at no point does the story have Link return to the Kokiri Forest before the Time Skip.

This is true...but what if Link did return before the time skip?
Well, Mido did "banish" him for killing the tree, even though it was not Link's fault (Deku Tree would have died even if Link never went). Mido seemed like the type would not listen and just go with his own story.

Also, I feel dumb. When I start planning out the plot points, I plan out plot points for the story as a whole, not for each individual chapter. I think that is why I scrap the story a lot of the time. I should plot out each chapter one at a time instead of trying to plot out the entire thing at once.

Last edited:
Or just don't plan at all. That's what I do and it's worked out pretty- [looks at pile of abandoned stories] oh.
Oof... Why do you abandon so many?

Or you could build your outline one chapter at a time--and don't be afraid to go back and revise the outline if something changes.
Yeah. That sounds a lot less stressful than trying to plan it all at once.

Oof... Why do you abandon so many?

Can't speak for BackSet, obviously, but for me at least it's mostly a matter of having more ideas than I have the time or motivation to work on, or that are just beyond my ability to write well. Sometimes an idea that sounds like a lot of fun doesn't work out when one tries to actually put it on paper.

I know there are people who write stories to go with the video game challenge that they are doing. I have to ask: Why? Why do the challenge? You are probably going to go off script anyway. Also, that just seems like a ton of work. I have tried it and just stopped eventually.

The same reason somebody might do a writing challenge? I don't know, I tried a Nuzlocke once and ended up crying so I'm not the best person to talk about this.

I wonder if people wondered what real places would be made into Pokémon regions before Gen 5?
There was discussion, but recall that prior to Gen V Pokemon regions were exclusively based on Japanese regions, and there was no indication that that would ever change. Gen V opened the floodgates and now any place in the world was fair game.

There was discussion, but recall that prior to Gen V Pokemon regions were exclusively based on Japanese regions, and there was no indication that that would ever change. Gen V opened the floodgates and now any place in the world was fair game.
Orre, based on Arizona from Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness which came out during the Gen 3 era sits in the corner quietly and sadly forgotten once again.

I brought that up because the other day, it occurred to me that they could use spinoffs to expand the setting by whetting people's appetites for regions based on a variety of places. Pokémon Masters is the first spinoff to be in the main series-ish continuity since, what, Guardian Signs?

What are you talking about? Obviously the real life Arizona is a lawless wasteland where anything goes.

Back
Top Bottom