• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writer's Workshop Spring Awards 2012 Voting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello, Writer's Workshop! Welcome to the second phase of the Writer's Workshop Spring Awards 2012!

As you know, most of the categories will be decided by judging (successful judge applications will be contacted immediately), but Best Reviewer and Best Newcomer are decided by popular vote! So, vote away! The list of nominees from every category can be found below! Good luck, all!

Remember! The deadline for voting and judging is the 31st May! Results should be out shortly after that time.

Best Reviewer – Voted by users
unrepentantAuthor
SaFE
Tsutarja

Best Newcomer – Voted by users
Llama_Guy
unrepentantAuthor
Red

Journey
Essence of Life – Tsutarja
The Surprising Adventures of a Glaceon in Unova – apenpaap
Chaos Theory – Chaosj2
Pocket Monsters – Legacy
Survival Project – diamondpearl867
Evolution – Iggz
Unpredictable – AetherX

Expansion
A Little Bit of Good – Cabaret
Red to Blue – Gastly’s Mama

Crossover/Non-Pokémon
Devil’s Gift – Lady Lucifer
Dragonball Legacy – Khal Lugion
Obsession – Xerxes Break
Legend of Zelda: The Ancient Power - Kelleo

Dark
A Wish on Freedom – AceTrainer14
Different Eyes – unrepentantAuthor
A Bháis – dinoking0000
Abdication – Red
Survival Project – diamonpearl876

Alternate
Pokémon Academy: Second Year Rhapsody – Stellar Haze
Different Eyes – unrepentantAuthor
Live from the Fireside – LightningTopaz
Champion Game – Misheard Whisper
Welcome to Our World – Stellar Haze
A Little Bit of Good - Cabaret

Protagonist
Ren – Champion Game – Misheard Whisper
Milo – Pocket Monsters – Legacy
Senori – Survival Project – diamonpearl876
Reggie – Pokémon Academy: Second Year Rhapsody
Debonnaire – Antonyms – Kyuujux

Antagonist
Nekros – Champion Game – Misheard Whisper
Satan – Devil’s Gift – Lady Lucifer
Diego – The Surprising Adventures of a Glaceon in Unova – apenpaap

Supporting
Selene – Surprising Adventures of a Glaceon in Unova
Teddy – Heart of Crystal – Feliciano
Crystal – Obsession – Xerxes Break
Vernon – A Bháis – dinoking0000
Zarya – Antonyms – Kyuujux
Odysse – Antonyms – Kyuujux
Riley – Essence of Life
Claudia – Pokémon Academy: Second Year Rhapsody

Last edited:
Could of sworn I was also nominated for Best Dark Fic as well. Was that nomination not accounted for or was it considered false or something?

Also, Congrats to all nominees!

Could of sworn I was also nominated for Best Dark Fic as well. Was that nomination not accounted for or was it considered false or something?

Also, Congrats to all nominees!

Just looked over the nominations. You weren't nominated for Best Dark as far as I can see. (If you think you were, please direct me to the post.)

You were, however, nominated for Best Alternate, which I somehow missed. Apologies. I've now rectified that.

If anyone sees any other mistakes, please let me know. I did my best, but I may have made a mistake.

If anyone sees any other mistakes, please let me know. I did my best, but I may have made a mistake.

Okay, you made the mistake of not listing me as the author of The Legend of Zelda: The Ancient Power. xP

Well, I nominated them so I might as well vote too.

Best Newcomer - @Llama_Guy;

Last edited:
I'll vote as well. :)

Best reviewer: @unrepentantAuthor
Best newcomer: @unrepentantAuthor

Expansion: Red to Blue by Gastly's Mama

I believe only the "Best Newcomer" and "Best Reviewer" categories are up for voting.

I know I received three nominations in the nominations thread, you only gave me too. I received one for best new comer, one for best dark fic, but another one too.

Best Journey: No question, Pocket Monsters @Legacy;
Best Reviewer: @Tsutarja;
Best Non-Pokémon/Crossover: Devil's Gift @Lady Lucifer;
Best Protagonist: Milo, Pocket Monsters
Best Expansion: Red to Blue @Gastly's Mama;

Lugion is right, guys. Only the Best Newcomer and Best Reviewer categories are up for public vote. The rest will be decided by the judging panel, so casting your votes for them is needless. Please make sure you check the rules before voting.

I would like to thank everyone that nominated A Wish on Freedom for Best Dark Fic, I really appreciate it :D

And I would to vote Tsutarja as Best Reviewer, in return for his useful comments throughout all my writing :D

@unrepentantAuthor; for best reviewer

I have a principle of abstaining from voting when I'm a candidate, so no newcomer vote for me either way.

There's no rule against voting if you're nominated in a category, but you can't vote for yourself.

However, in my capacity as a human being rather than a mod, I always recommend abstaining from categories in which you are nominated.

best reviewer: @unrepentantAuthor;

best newcomer: @Red;

i'd like to thank everybody who nominated my story, as well as for their continued support! i greatly appreciate it.

I haven't seen many reviews to be honest, so I can't really vote under that category I'm afraid. Oh well, here's my vote for best newcomer after some thoughts:

@Llama_Guy;

Just voting for newbie this time around

Unrepentant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom