• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writer's Workshop Spring Awards 2012 Voting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats to everyone who won, especially you @unrepentantAuthor; you joined these forums just recently and yet managed to obtain not only the title of best reviewer and best newcomer, but you also got the 'Dark Badge'... Yeah, I'm making that a thing, you know calling the award by the name of the badge. :kawaii:

Shadow badge, I believe. Thanks, though~ I'm having trouble believing it!

I really can't believe it...this was certainly unexpected. It was such a surprise to even get nominated, but I never expected I'd actually win. Congrats to everyone who did!

Much the same sentiment from me~

Yes, you're free to contact the judges for further feedback, but they're under no obligation to share. (Though it's worth asking.) The judge for your category was Drakon.

Might I ask who the judge was for darkfic?

So Drakon chose my story! I thank him deeply. :D

Congratulations to all the winners! I have not had a chance to read as many stories as I used to, but there is an amazing quality of writing in this forum and I know that a lot of it is well deserved! I cannot wait to finally get back to reading!

Um, out of curiosity, who chose Best Supporting Character? I'd like to thank them :)

@Feliciano The character awards (protagonist/antagonist/supporting) were a collaborative judging effort. Each judge evaluated all the characters in their category. As Heart of Crystal wasn't nominated for a main category, however, the person who read Heart of Crystal to score Teddy was Legacy, who is all-around awesome and way too dedicated.

EDIT: Well nope.

Last edited:
@Feliciano The character awards (protagonist/antagonist/supporting) were a collaborative judging effort. Each judge evaluated all the characters in their category. As Heart of Crystal wasn't nominated for a main category, however, the person who read Heart of Crystal to score Teddy was Legacy, who is all-around awesome and way too dedicated.

You're almost right, there M-Dub.

The person who gave Teddy his score was Octy. Legacy didn't read Heart of Crystal in the end. I asked Octy to do that rating precisely because Legacy is way too dedicated and I didn't want him over-stressing himself!

You're almost right, there M-Dub.

The person who gave Teddy his score was Octy. Legacy didn't read Heart of Crystal in the end. I asked Octy to do that rating precisely because Legacy is way too dedicated and I didn't want him over-stressing himself!

oooooh lol. I just read that off that one post in the judging thread. My bad. XP STILL. Everybody who judged is amazing and should be appreciated as such.

Everybody who judged is amazing and should be appreciated as such.

Agreed. Thanks to all the judges, regardless of category. The dedication to do so much in so short a time under such pressure every season is remarkable, and I do not envy them their positions!

Yeah, the judges did have their work cut out for them, didn't they?

And speaking of which, I'd like to ask Drakon about my score, but I haven't seen him online...

Big, Huge, Giant... *Insert quirky adjective here* congratulations to all the winners and nominees. You guys all did a wonderful job.

To the nominees that didn't win, don't feel down; you guys all did a good job. Now you have to review your work and think about where you came short and re-double your efforts. Always try to improve.

To the winners, great job, keep it up, and don't you dare slack off. There is always room for improvement, always.

To the judges, job well done. I know how difficult it can be to read so many good stories and be forced to choose a winner, so great job.

A little late but, congrats, you guys!

And as the judge for the Non-Pokémon category, I'd like to say I'm happy there are still good authors branching out outside of the forums' leading franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom