• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writer's Workshop Winter Awards 2012 Nomination Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In response to multiple requests from users and other concerns we have decided to keep nominations and judging applications open for one more week. That means the deadline for both is now January 23rd. Please feel free to change your nominations, they will only be counted at the end to ensure no errors are made.

This also means every other stage of the awards is going to be pushed back by one week. If you have already sent in a judging application and you're not sure if you will be free the week after the week that was previously specified, please let us know ASAP.

Was that an error? You said that it had been pushed back one week, but it seems to have only gotten a one day extension...

In response to multiple requests from users and other concerns we have decided to keep nominations and judging applications open for one more week. That means the deadline for both is now January 23rd. Please feel free to change your nominations, they will only be counted at the end to ensure no errors are made.

This also means every other stage of the awards is going to be pushed back by one week. If you have already sent in a judging application and you're not sure if you will be free the week after the week that was previously specified, please let us know ASAP.

Was that an error? You said that it had been pushed back one week, but it seems to have only gotten a one day extension...

Well spotted! That should have said January 29th. Edited original message.

Now that there's another whole week to read and nominate, there's really no excuse not to if you already haven't.

Come on everyone. Everyone works hard on their stories; at least be courteous enough to nominate in a few categories. Remember that we here at the WW are a community.

Thanks everyone who has or is planning on participating!

With the delay of the judging period in mind, I am able to judge, and here is my application:

How long have you been active in the Writer’s Workshop?

A little over a year now.

How many Awards have you won in previous Awards seasons?

Three.

Do you regularly review the work of other WW users?

I try to review new stories as much as possible, but I often fall behind.

Are you currently a regular writer in the WW? If not, how long has it been since you were and why aren’t you any longer?

I wouldn't say regular, as I often takes unexpected breaks that deal with university or family. The last time I was extremely involved and active would be about 4 months or more ago.

Preferred category in the event that you are selected?

No preference.

Why do you want to be a judge?

Because I will have some time to spare, and I want to try and help around the Workshop.

With the delay of the judging period in mind, I am able to judge, and here is my application:

Kyuu's application

I had asked for judging applications to be PM'd to me but I'll refer this one to the rest of the WW staff from here. Feel free to delete it if you don't want others to see.

Ugh, must have missed that... It's fine, I'll leave it here. Sorry about the trouble.

I guess I'll nominate some stories that I've read since the deadline was extended and I have the time. I've only read a few, so these are my nominations based on the ones I've read.

Best Journey Fic – The Surprising Adventures of a Glaceon in Unova, by apenpaap

Best Protagonist – Kris from Kris vs. Gold: A Tale of War, by AceTrainer14

Best Supporting Character – Octa from The Surprising Adventures of a Glaceon in Unova, by apenpaap

Best Antagonist - Gold from Kris vs. Gold: A Tale of War, by AceTrainer14

Yeah, I haven't read much...but I've read other stories, not just those two

Kinda cutting it close, aren't I? I'm probably going to edit it, but here are the ones so far.

Best Expansion Fic:
Skyridge: SKYRIDGE: Ted's Story - Redemption by Bluenostalgia

Best Alternate Work:
Champion Game - by Misheard Whisper
The Burning Affliction - by Fulgur

Best Protagonist
Reggie Damon - Pokemon Academy Year II: Second Year Rhapsody by Stellar Haze
Ren - Champion Game by Misheard Whisper

Thanks everyone for your participation! The nomination period has now ended, and now the judging period will commence!

Stay tuned :)

So when are the selected judges going to be announced?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom