• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

WTB more trade option emotes

redyakuza

Xytegenia's finest
Reaction score
So far we only have happy face, sad face, love and exclamation mark and these can be pretty ambiguous.

Now we've made do with these 4 so far but i think trading would be more fun and easy to understand your trade partner if there more options. What do you think there should be?

Here's my wants:

a hello
a goodbye
a thanks

and a few more but i'll let you guys comment first :)

Smiley face works for all three of the ones you want to see included.

Trade starts: Smiley face! Oh, they're saying hello!

Trade ends: Smiley face! They said thanks and/or goodbye.

I always use the smiley face at the end of a trade as a "thanks". Normally the other person does, too.

I don't think there's any ambiguity in a smiley face, a sad face, an excalamation mark or a love heart, but that's just me.

Nintendo should do what MS and Sony have been doing since around 2001 and enable voice chat for all trades, not just FC trades.

Rather than new emotions, I'd like for there to be a way to ask if a player has a certain Pokémon; or a way to keep track of Pokémon they've offered, so you can ask for that.

should this go in the GTS Negotiation thread? i remember this being brought up before there. But anyway, these are some things i wanted back in March:

i think they should add a "?" for when what the other trader is doing just dumbfounds you or when you're in a sense asking what they want. spamming "!" a zillion times doesn't really get the point across easily.

OH! and i just thought of something, i've noticed alot of ppl hit the :) when they 1st meet as a greeting, inserting a "BYE" or a waving hand would be nice as a way of ending off a trade. i feel kinda bad "just dropping out" without a proper adios :(

A trollface.
An angry face and a thanks icon would be pretty good. Also the sprites of Pokemon would be very useful.

Rather than new emotions, I'd like for there to be a way to ask if a player has a certain Pokémon; or a way to keep track of Pokémon they've offered, so you can ask for that.

Voice Chat would solve that. The DS, from 2004, has a Mic, so why doesn't the game use it?

Voice Chat would solve that. The DS, from 2004, has a Mic, so why doesn't the game use it?
Most likely to protect people (particularly younger users) from possible profanity, or perhaps even language barriers.

The report button to report guys who just showoff shinies or offer hacks or are just trolling. But I can see people abusing that function.

I also want something that says "I don't know what to offer!". Also, I don't think voice chat would be a good idea.

Reason 1: What people above said.

Reason 2: What if the person you are trading with doesn't speak your language? Then they won't understand a thing you are saying.

this is what i want

-taps dragon button, taps smiley face, taps yes, taps trade- done :)

I also want something that says "I don't know what to offer!". Also, I don't think voice chat would be a good idea.

Reason 1: What people above said.

Reason 2: What if the person you are trading with doesn't speak your language? Then they won't understand a thing you are saying.

Here's a solution: Matchmaking that matches you with a close language/area (which can be turned off) and a mute/block/report button. Hey, it works for XBL. When I play CoD, for example, I don't get matchmade with people from foreign languages, and can report cheaters, griefers, and micspammers.

Here's a solution: Matchmaking that matches you with a close language/area (which can be turned off) and a mute/block/report button. Hey, it works for XBL. When I play CoD, for example, I don't get matchmade with people from foreign languages, and can report cheaters, griefers, and micspammers.
I am a cheater, so I would get reported. So for me, the report feature is bad.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom