• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

X and Y Cover Art

Which XY cover art do you like more?

• X

Votes: 20 35.7%
  • Y

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • I like both equally!

Votes: 26 46.4%
  • I can't decide!

Votes: 4 7.1%

• Total voters

Kelleo

Secret Sword of Justice
Reaction score
So we also got to see the cover art for the English versions of X and Y! What do we all think of them? Which is your favorite?

I like both a lot, but I especially love the one for X! The blue colors are so beautiful! I've always been a fan of most shades of blue though lol. But I'm definitely going to primarily be playing through X if I get both now (I was honestly unsure before). And if I don't get both right away, I'm getting X first. ^^

Here's the cover art (don't know why people still say boxart. Games almost never come in boxes anymore these days. xP):

X
680px-X_EN_boxart.png

Y
683px-Y_EN_boxart.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Y - I'm not really a fan of the bright light on X. It seems almost white which makes it look empty.

I like them both, although I'll always dislike old logo...wish they'd experiment with it like they do for the Japanese logo.

I like them both, although I'll always dislike old logo...wish they'd experiment with it like they do for the Japanese logo.

This. I do want them to use the standard English logo, but please, mix around more with colors. The constant blue and yellow palette is honestly, imo, making the boxarts look worse nowadays.

Aside from the logo, I love the boxarts. Xerneas's forest and Yveltal's sky both looks very beautiful, can't wait to see them in my own hands.

I like both boxes they art is simple amazing. Love the sky and forest background they have going there.

I said X, but they're both amazing, and I'll likely be getting Y since I like the look of Yveltal. Maybe if the dark parts of Y were darker, the intense white of X stand out.

X looks best. I like the way Xerneas sort of fits the X in the background with its antlers matching up. Yveltal's art would fit better with the Y if it focused on the Y-aspect of its design more. Also the colourful blue/green forest is just generally better than a bland sky shot, in my opinion. Both covers are still good though, it's nice to have a bit of scenery in there.

Both look terrific, but I prefer Y's cover art due to the better color scheme and the beautiful sky in the background.

Both are stunning. Quite possibly the best cover art/s we've ever had on main series games.

Both are great but if i had to chose between them I would go with Y. I just imagine how they would look on store shelves and in my hand if I was to pick on of them up.

Well, so much for digital downloads lol I really need dat Xerneas box, its absolutely magnificent. Both of them are classic in my eyes, and are easily the best art we've had in my opinion.

I love the cover for Pokémon X! I always preferred Xerneas out of the two, and this just further instates that I'll be getting X! Soft colours, and the forest looks inciting; a real feel of an adventure beginning.

They're both great! I agree that X looks beautiful, but seeing the high-res image for Y makes it look just as good in my opinion. I thought Y's art had a black background with a brown cliff covered in clouds when I first saw it in Corocoro, but it's really dark blue and the "cliff" is really a sunset sky with an orange tinge. Excellent.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom