• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

X and Y So Far, Best and Worst

Best: Trainer Customization and search engine for other players

Worst: The mother fucking fairy type. First it's kinda silly (and by that I mean stupid) to make fairy a type after having at least fairy EVERY SINGLE MOTHER FUCKING GEN. Second yes they made 2 new types in gen two but they only altered one gen one line and one move. Small time and small retcon. And given that gen 1 was unpolished as fuck it was the right choice. Gen V unpolished? Don't think so. Third it a solution to balancing issues that don't exist yes dragon are strong but they were one designed to be strong and two they trade that off with there ZERO offensive. Steel and Water dominate WAAAAAAY more. They are tons of water types giving them tons of diversity and they can all learn ice moves. Fourth where does this leave ice? Shit man. Despite being one of the four needed types to be good against every type with just six it is considered weak. And now you're giving them an alternative and making steel strong which in turn makes ice even weaker do to steel increased attacking viability.

My likes:
The new graphics of the game. I think the whole 3D look to the game is really really cool and is a big step from the usual 2d animation. Especially being able to walk diagonally! The new region also looks fresh and looks busy and active with all the cars and cafe's around. It just looks nice to look at which is great. As far as the storyline I haven't really seen to much yet which is good and bad I guess. It's good because it will be more of a surprise. Hmm... other things I think I'm really liking is the new Pokemon. Some of them are pretty awesome. The whole mega evolution thing is pretty neutral for me.. it seems like the stones for that to happen won't be the easiest thing to get either? just my opinion. But it's looking pretty ok with me.

What I didn't like is that they didn't improve much graphic-wise in the fights. I mean, the fights are the most important thing in these pokemon games, undoubtedly. So when I see Lucario using Close Combat, and it still looks like some special attack, it just pisses me off frankly.
But I do understand that implementing realistic fights would have taken a lot more time and effort to make right so maybe they wanted to spare us the wait. I am sure it will improve in the future and from that moment Pokemon games will become truly spectacular^^

^What infinity edge said here is what I think is the 'worst' although not bad... it just looks to similar and I was kind of hoping for something more action packed I guess? it still looks good, don't get me wrong.

Everything is amazing. Can't wait for full 3D, can't wait for interactive Pokemon, can't wait for trainer customization...

The only thing that bothers me is the fact that Pikachu now officially blurbs out its name when it speaks.

Whyyyyyy. ;w;

I honestly don't mind it. It's only for one Pokemon, and it might seem a little odd in comparison, but at the end of the day how many Pikachus are we really going to be encountering anyway?

It actually annoys me that it's only for Pikachu, I wish they wouldn't keep giving it such special treatment. If one pokemon can say it's name in-game, all of them should be able to.

I find it odd that only Pikachu says its name in the demo. That would be very weird if they kept Pikachu like that; it would probably annoy a lot of people. The only other thing I know why they had it in the demo is that they are doing voices for every Pokemon, but they aren't complete with doing so, yet. And I think it would seem rather odd having cries in a 3D environment...

So far this game looks great! But I still will put what's best and what's worst so far.
Best-
Graphics. These graphics are just... wow. I can't wait to actually experience them in 3D.
Pokemon. I'm loving a lot of the new Pokemon, especially Fennekin, Sylveon, Skiddo and Gogoat, Honedge, Flabebe, Xernas and Yvettal.
Fairy type. It's about time we got a new type! The type itself is pretty cool and dragons did need a nerf. And a lot of the new fairy types are great, like Sylveon and Flabebe.
Pokemon Amie. I love the concept of actually interacting with your Pokemon!
Mega Evolutions. Especially MegaLucario and MegaMawile.

Worst-
Calem and Serena- They look so bland, even when customized.
Horde Battles- It seems a bit unfair to have 5 against 1 battles, but if your Pokemon have an advantage like always attack first then it could work.

Best:
Some of the Pokemon.
New type.
The anime looks promising
Wild, Trainer and Mega Pokemon battle music

Worst:
Calem looks too much like Hilbert and Nate.
Overworld graphics look a bit childish. Looks like generation 5 but with 3D models. (Pokemon battles look great though)
Trainer customization is unecessary.
Rival battle music.
Yet more friendly rivals. The fat guy looks the most interesting.
Pikachu says its name.
Worst looking Pikachu clone yet.

Last edited:
Best:
Those Graphics
Those Battles
Those Technological Advancements
That 3D
New Fairy Type

Worst:
Honedge (Pathetic)
Some of the Mega Evolutions (Mewtwo; Lucario; Mawile)

whats wrong with honedge? :( im gonna wait until i see what kind of moves he can abuse no guard with before i call him out. he has 3 immunities and almost a dozen resistances(i think)

Best:
Character Customization
Fairies
3D!!
Some of the Pokemon are epic!

Worst:
Calem looks like the Gen 5 male protagonists
I still need a 3DS!!!!!!!!!

Am I the only one who thinks Pokemon shouldn't just speak with their names over and over again?

I guess only Pikachu has this ability because it's the only Pokemon to keep its original name in every language.

Anyway, I still can't find anything else that is wrong with this game. Super excited. One of the best parts is the fact that it's going to be simultaneously released around the world, everyone can play it together. x3

40 days guys.

I have a feeling these forums are going to liven up once CoroCoro is released - and stay that way until release. I am so excited.

Best
It's in 3D format
Release date is the same all over the world
Freshening up older gen pokemon with mega evolution designs, which is a cool concept itself
It's a new generation of pokemon!

Worst
Mega-Ampharos looks undignified covered in whipped cream & cherries.
The fact that Blaziken got a Mega-evo bothers me; it feels like out of all the final evo starters, they gave Blaziken the special treatment. If Blaziken has a Mega-evo, then all the other final evo starters should get one too.
No gen 6 sprites to cross-stitch

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom