• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

XD Mt. Battle glitch discovered

Geodude

Protecting Gotham City
Reaction score
This didn't happen in Colosseum because you had to go to a PC to save. But in XD, if you're going through Mt. Battle, reach the end of an area after battling the area leader, and decide to save & quit, don't do it at the rest house. If you do, when you next turn on your game, the guy won't let you continue, saying that you can only continue if you've cleared all preceding areas. Thing is, I've already done that. I still have my PokeCoupons, and going back to talk to the area leader will just result in the person saying whatever they did at the end of my last battle. So the only thing I could do is have that Abra teleport me back to the main counter, and despite having the correct number of Pokecoupons, the game thinks I can only start from areas 1-3, when I should be able to start from area 4.

So, if you save in the middle of a Mt. Battle challenge after beating an area, teleport back to the registration counter first, otherwise you'll be forced to complete the last area again.

Thanks for reporting that.

By the way, what is the point of Mt. Battle in XD? In Colosseum, going through Mt. Battle enabled you to eventually get Ho-Oh, but does going through Mt. Battle in XD do anything other than enable you to purchase rare TM's and items?

After beating all of it, one can get the starter Pokémon from Johto. All of them, too, provided the challenge is completed three times.

Can someone find out if this glitch affects non-North American versions of the game? (There's now a Bulbanews article up, FYI).

Bulbanews said:
The only known option for players is to have the rest house's Abra teleport them back to the main Mt. Battle counter, where players will be required to start the challenge from the beginning.
Wrong. It should read, "where players will be required to complete the last area all over again before continuing."

Thanks for that, I haven't got XD yet, but it seems to be a flaw in the game already.

And for Mt Battle, you get the Johto starters with the elemental beams. IMO, Ho-oh was a better choice.

Geodude said:
Wrong. It should read, "where players will be required to complete the last area all over again before continuing."

You know, you're allowed to edit BN articles yourself. I fixed it anyway, but you're not prohibited from editing my or anyone else's articles.

Argy said:
After beating all of it, one can get the starter Pokémon from Johto. All of them, too, provided the challenge is completed three times.

Can someone find out if this glitch affects non-North American versions of the game? (There's now a Bulbanews article up, FYI).
Generally, glitches in new versions are almost always in older versions as well (though there are exceptions, but that's usually from new content added to the new versions, or fixes to old glitches (like in SSBM)). So I would assume that the glitch also exists in the JP version.

Argy said:
You know, you're allowed to edit BN articles yourself. I fixed it anyway, but you're not prohibited from editing my or anyone else's articles.
Yeah, but I'm not used to it. It'd be easier for someone who's familiar with it to do it. :p

Please note: The thread is from 19 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom