• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Xenoblade Chronicles Mafia - ENDGAME: Town and Survivor Victory!

If HumanDawn is an Independent, he's not the one I'm talking about.
Do you know any specifics on the hostile indep you're talking about's wincon and/or abilities? If you do, can you share them?

But if he was indeed tracked by CO which I think I read in your earlier post, then there's even the possibility that he is in fact the hostile independent I mentioned.
Why would him being tracked by CO make him more likely to be the hostile Independent? And we know he's actually a rolecop, so does that mean the Indep is likely to have a rolecop ability?

We shouldn't kill DawningWinds, it'd just be a waste. Dawning also isn't the Independent. Nobody should visit Dawning at Night either, in fact Timaeus already has.
What's the reasoning behind these claims? And why bother mentioning that we shouldn't kill me when just about nobody/absolutely nobody is interested in doing so anyway?

I wonder if you were kinda cultified.
I don't think the OP says anything about the game being bastard, so a cult or even a "kinda cult" wouldn't really make sense.

And if Zinn is right about a hostile independent being present in the game, I’m calling it now that it’s HumanDawn. :p I mean, a “Cooldown Vigilante” seems awfully similar in power to Odd/Even Night SKs I’ve seen in past games.
HD hasn't actually stated the effects of his ability- though this does actually make a bit of sense. No vig CC'd him, though I imagine it'd be easier to do so/prove by simply shooting him, plus there's no guarantee that there actually is a Vig. Though for the moment I do still feel inclined to believe his Vig claim, I will be keeping this point in mind.

If HumanDawn is an Independent, he's not the one I'm talking about.
Why can't HD be? Do you have reason to believe that the Indep can't kill?

Considering Ex and Zinn both have info relating to there definitely being a hostile Indep, I'm inclined to believe it- depending on what the Independent is, I don't know if taking them out needs to be our first priority (since the Mafia are a thing but if they're like an Arsonist or a Cult Leader [doubt the latter] then maybe we should focus on them), but we should still definitely be trying to figure out who they are. I'm thinking HD was probably right about Ex's two indep speculation being an Indep soft, especially with him mentioning that it was probably one hostile/one non-hostile and him now claiming information relating to the existence of a hostile Independent (I don't think Ex has explicitly claimed to be Independent at least if he did this bit is pointless).

Oh, and: Zinn, why'd you're role change? (I'd hope you could at least share that.)

If it was any of the following people:

ExLight, Timaeus, MegaPod, Frozen Fennec

Out them.
I'll be blunt; I'm town, I did not visit anyone during the night phase. My role does not allow for visiting others in any capacity.
tfw you vig the fucking cop when you could have vigged the rolecop and maybe put town in the situation of 2 killed scum and no town deaths
I wouldn't beat myself up too much over it if I were you, mistakes happen in mafia, it can be hard to read who is actually or town or scum for the first day and night phase.
Frozen Fennec - seems like they’re trying to lay low and all, and their Jinjo vote D1 was definitely sheepy. Scum lean.
To be fair, my posting / playing style has been much the same with most of my past games, fewer posts but they tend to be much longer and responses to various things.

Currently scum reading: Timeaus, Crystal Onix (?)

Timeaus due to what seems to be a confusing claim set (if I read right, 3 roles...? Seems fishy given most games seem to only allow 2 roles max for some players.)
Crystal Onix; a light scum reading, they subbed in but their posts are a mix of catching up and going with the flow it feels like.

Vote: Timeaus

Also, unrelated but anyone else been dealing with an issue lately when going to another page in a thread to quote more than one person and the textbox clips off some of the words you had typed on the previous page? Doesn't seem to happen every time but has been happening the past week or so strangely when I'm on the forums.

Do you know any specifics on the hostile indep you're talking about's wincon and/or abilities? If you do, can you share them?
I know their character name, wincon and how their role works, I cannot claim any of these as it counts as nameclaiming them.

Why would him being tracked by CO make him more likely to be the hostile Independent? And we know he's actually a rolecop, so does that mean the Indep is likely to have a rolecop ability?
It proves that he definitely visited Dawning. What proof do you have that he's a Role Cop? Dawning wasn't a Zombie from the start was he?

What's the reasoning behind these claims? And why bother mentioning that we shouldn't kill me when just about nobody/absolutely nobody is interested in doing so anyway?
I can't answer that without name claiming. It has to do with how the independent works. It's simply a cautionary measure. Especially now since I've heard back from the hosts and know I'm allowed to role claim.
I'm a De-Zombifier. I remove the Zombie role from players who have it.

Why can't HD be? Do you have reason to believe that the Indep can't kill?
Because that's not the independent's role.

I don't know if taking them out needs to be our first priority
It should be the top priority.

Oh, and: Zinn, why'd you're role change? (I'd hope you could at least share that.)
It was always meant to change, I assume it was supposed to happen at the start of N1 instead of the end but as I said because I complained about Vanilla they delayed it.

Uhh, a De-Zombifier when DawningWinds flipped as Zombie and admitted it?

Was DawningWinds Vanillized when Culted?

@ZinnLav why didn’t you say anything earlier from when Dawningwinds claimed Zombie?

I wonder if you were kinda cultified.

I did also have similar info as soon as the game started and I know their character but I can't claim their name as it's apparently an extension of name claiming. I don't really know what they're able to do.

Why would two players have the same info? What do you think about Dawningwinds being a Zombie?

Why did ExLight not share the info from the beginning?

I’m pretty sure I’ve seen Mafia Rolecops claim their actual power out of desperation before, so I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if that’s what’s happening here. And if Zinn is right about a hostile independent being present in the game, I’m calling it now that it’s HumanDawn. :p I mean, a “Cooldown Vigilante” seems awfully similar in power to Odd/Even Night SKs I’ve seen in past games.

My role doesn’t work like that and it’s not the full claim.

:lapras:

I'm honestly more wary of Zinn than Ex, as far as the claiming thing/information goes. Suddenly claiming you're a De-Zombifier after hearing that Dawning was (is?) the Zombie? Seems convenient but at the same time almost too weird that it could be true. Argh, I'm not sure what to make of this.

Also want to say that debating Human's claim seems like a meh angle and I trust the claim. Not feeling good about MP, to be honest. His reads list felt hurriedly scrapped together without much thought behind it (and no, I am not just saying that because of the read on me).

UNVOTE: ExLight

Okay then.

Waiting for DawningWinds before proceeding.

:lapras:

I'm honestly more wary of Zinn than Ex, as far as the claiming thing/information goes. Suddenly claiming you're a De-Zombifier after hearing that Dawning was (is?) the Zombie? Seems convenient but at the same time almost too weird that it could be true. Argh, I'm not sure what to make of this.

Also want to say that debating Human's claim seems like a meh angle and I trust the claim. Not feeling good about MP, to be honest. His reads list felt hurriedly scrapped together without much thought behind it (and no, I am not just saying that because of the read on me).

I feel like Shulk would be more than a Zombie (whatever a Zombie is lol), considering he has so many unique arts with his Monado, having a role not based on that seems like huge wasted potential. I guess Zanza would be a great fit as a Zombifier, but he only Zombified Shulk. The Telethia could also be seen as zombies in a way, but only High Entia can become zombies and Melia is immune. Zanza being a Zombifier would be a fun role though lol.

Maybe MP is the Zombifier and he wants the Serial Killer suspicion on me so he could zombify more?

I did by insisting there were two indepts, one being hostile
lol

The thing is, why two independents? Do you think it's because they can only Zombify one? What do you make of ZinnLav now? Do you think both of your roles are similar? Do you suspect her? What about DawningWinds? Are you the unzombiefiable?

Currently scum reading: Timeaus, Crystal Onix (?)

Timeaus due to what seems to be a confusing claim set (if I read right, 3 roles...? Seems fishy given most games seem to only allow 2 roles max for some players.)
Crystal Onix; a light scum reading, they subbed in but their posts are a mix of catching up and going with the flow it feels like.

Vote: Timeaus

Uhhh Crystal Onix said they Tracked Timaeus and that's how we learned they were a Rolecop...

Actually, Fiora could fit as a Zombie too, but then a Zombiefier would more likely be a scum role in that case since the Mechon Army would have such a power?

Maybe the role is a Mafia role and it works by not using the Mafia’s Nightkill?

The thing is, why two independents? Do you think it's because they can only Zombify one? What do you make of ZinnLav now? Do you think both of your roles are similar? Do you suspect her? What about DawningWinds? Are you the unzombiefiable?
It's a bit complicated because some of the stuff I know is meta information (erh cant think of a better word here but it's prolly not what you're thinking, I'll explain better in the post game), so I can't discuss it.

I think they can keep on zombifying people. Since DawningWinds was rolecopped as a Zombie N1 I also assume he's either said hostile indept or the first victim.

Still a but iffy on Zinn. If they're mafia it's really convenient they can move now and that they didn't mention being able to get a role. Him knowing 100% that there's a hostile indept also fits if Timaeus rolecopped the hostile indept (in this case it would be DawningWinds) and also kinda explains the defense doubling down on a Town Roleblocker. So that's my current theory. As for a role guess maybe Mafia Backup and/or Godfather?

Alternatively I if Zinn was telling the truth and was town I feel like Zinn could've been cultified and gained some sort of role or modifier from it.

No, I don't think my role is similar to anyone's.

I'm not unzombifiable as far as I know.

Back
Top Bottom