Petals For Armor
- Jun 25, 2011
- Reaction score
- Preferred Pronouns
Long ago, the world was nothing more than an endless sea, cloaked in a boundless sky, reaching as far as could possibly be imagined...
Then, two great Titans came into existence: The Bionis and the Mechonis.
The titans were locked in a timeless battle...until at last, only their lifeless corpses remained.
Eons have passed. Now, our world, this vast land stretching across the remains of the Bionis, is under attack from a relentless force known as the Mechon.
To counter this unyielding threat, the peoples of Bionis have rallied behind a young boy named Shulk, hailing from the Homs settlement of Colony 9. Wielding the Monado, a sword theorized to be once wielded by the Bionis itself, Shulk and his team of heroes have overcome numerous trials to reach Sword Valley, a Mechon stronghold located where the sword of the Mechonis meets the Bionis.
Their goal is to work their way across the Sword to Galahad Fortress at the hilt. There they will find Egil, a gold-plated Mechon who claims to be the leader of all who inhabit Mechonis. Egil has learned about Shulk and the weapon he wields, and seeks to destroy Shulk, the Monado, and eventually the entirety of Bionis.
Shulk's task will not be easy. Numerous Mechon bases litter the Valley floor, and Egil will not let up in his pursuit. The war for the world carries on, as all the while, the Bionis is stirring...
Hello everyone, and welcome to the world of Xenoblade Chronicles Mafia, brought to you by myself, @TheCapsFan , as well as @ReturnofMCH !!! Our MoD for the game will be @Snowy .
This game will be a 11p, semi-closed setup (role + alignment reveal upon death), NOC, Role Madness game set in the world of Xenoblade Chronicles, an action-adventure JRPG with open-world elements from MonolithSoft and Nintendo, with the potential to increase to 13p if there is enough interest. Given the recent release of Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition for the Nintendo Switch this past May, we thought that hosting this game would be the perfect way to celebrate the remaster of one of our (and my personal outright) favorite games. As such, light spoilers for the story of Xenoblade Chronicles will be included throughout the game's Role PMs, Roles, and Flavour Text. If you haven't played Xenoblade Chronicles yet but are interested in doing so, note that experiencing the game spoiler-free is the best way to experience it, and as such this game probably isn't for you. You have been warned. If this is your case, I might kindly suggest this ~contagious~ game by MegaPod instead.
The rules for the game are contained in the spoiler below. Please read through them as there are a number of deviations from the Zexy Standard Ruleset, though there are also a lot of rules that remain similar. Most importantly, please note rules 3, 4, 7, and 14.
- Forum Rules and War Room Rules always apply.
- Day phases will last 48 hours (and Night phases will last 24 hours, unless phases get shortened as discussed in rule 9. Votes and actions will be locked as soon as the deadline for each phase passes. Votes/actions at :00 count, those at :01 don't. If the host(s) are sure that they won't be able to update, they may extend the phase in question straight from the beginning.
- Please be active. We ask that you post a minimum of three posts per day in thread. If no sub is available to take your place, you may be modkilled.
- Nameclaiming isn't allowed. No quoting or screenshots of any conversation with the host(s), unless given explicit permission by the host(s). This includes exact wincon wording and posting fake data that supposedly comes from said sources.
- If you change your username mid-game, please state your old and new ones in-thread and mention the host(s).
- To vote, use the following format: "[VOTE]: <PLAYER>". To unvote, use "[UNVOTE]: <PLAYER>". A tie in the plurality of votes will result in No Lynch. Players may choose to vote for a No Lynch by using the format "[VOTE]: No Lynch".
- If a player fails to place their vote on another player by the end of the day, then they will receive a warning. Two warnings will result in a modkill/sub out. No exceptions.
- Rules are subject to change. The host(s) will make sure to mention you if that happens. Your Role PM may also list exceptions to any of these rules.
- No loophole abuse at all, please. You may ask the host(s) if a specific action you are unsure over would be considered a loophole in private and they may let it slide. However, obvious loopholes that are clearly outside the nature of the game abused without informing the host(s) beforehand may be faced with a zero-tolerance policy.
- -LO day phases (in which town's lynch decision may lead to them losing the game before the next day phase begins) will be announced. Details on the nature of the -LO state will be given in the Day phase update.
- Day phases may also end sooner if all the players alive are voting for a player or No Lynch. Night phases may also end sooner if people with night actions lock their submissions in a way that leads to an inevitable outcome.
- Outside communication (that is, communication that occurs outside of this thread) is NOT permitted.
- After dying in the game, you are allowed one deathpost that cannot contain game-related information or clues. Please refrain from posting in the thread after your deathpost has been made, as to not clutter or distract from the game.
- If you are dead, please do not react to posts from alive players. Phase updates and deathposts are an exception to this rule.
- The most important rule. Have fun!
@Rainbow Cloud- Lynched D1: Egil, Mafia Roleblocker & 1x Bulletproof @prog rocker@MegaPod @Midorikawa@Crystal Onix
@Tood- Died N1: Dunban, Town Cop
- @Frozen Fennec
Thanks everyone, and please enjoy the game!