• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Xenoblade Chronicles Mafia - ENDGAME: Town and Survivor Victory!

HD and Feenie for what I said above, it just looks like their trying to start wagons on anyone who they think looks slightly less active, could be looking for an easy target for a mislynch here especially if the player in question does not come back in time.
If I (or Human, for that matter) were wanting to just push a mislynch we would stick to a player and push a wagon. We wouldn't be changing our votes and making cases elsewhere, that makes no sense.

Do you have any thoughts to share so far?
Not exactly, not really getting any true scum or town reads currently and the only real discussion seems to be meta discussion revolving around Zinn and others from past mafia games. Would be kind of nice if we could filter out this type of natter sooner in future games so we can try to focus on the game itself more. I will note ironically that part of it is also because I have a history of waiting on day 1 to cast a vote which tends to lead to other players auto-assuming I'm scum which annoys me slightly sometimes.
Unvote: Jinjo
So out of everything so far, I dislike Fennec's vote on Jinjo they most. I don't see why they couldn't have mentioned some kind of reasoning behind it at the very least.

I also don't get why they'd point out that they've caught up on a thread and then have absolutely nothing to say about anything that's happened. It just comes off as someone trying to avoid contributing to the discussion or someone who is trying to lay low, neither of which look good

Vote: Frozen Fennec
to try and get some kind of thoughts on literally anything out of them at least?
As stated above, not had much to say because it feels like a lot of what's been said so far just seems to be meta natter and that doesn't really help much with town reads. That and just seeing some back and forth chatter regarding "chainsaw defense" due to a couple of votes from the get-go.

For now, would rather I'm just not voting for anyone on day 1 at this particular time, probably going to be one of the few if only times I don't vote for someone on day 1.

An easy lynch specifically in how vocal he'd been about being apprehensive of the vanilla claim. It's easy to vote him out because there's many who disagree with his view on that, so getting a majority can easily occur. I don't see how Chaos Mafia is applicable to this. I was an independent there, not working with anyone -- do you think I'm an independent hostile here?

You said here it's easy to vote him out because many disagree with him. Dawning, HD, and I were the only players who disagreed with him and 3 people is not many and what kind of logic is this?

My sorry ass still hoping for people to pressure him so I get a reaction a

Nothing has really pinged me so far tbh so not sure where else you want me to drop a vote lol

How has nothing else pinged you? I already have a couple of players I am suspecting and yet ZinnLav is the only player who has pinged you?

My impession about Frozen Fennec is that he is still new so he could just be mislynch bait. I have played with him in Danganronpa V3 an he was more careful about what he said and did.

From what I remember on their play in Danganronpa when they were scum was they sheeped their scum buddy on a wagon day 1.

I'm leaning town on both Zinn and Ex, feel Zinn is probably being truthful in their claim and Ex's distrust of the claim seems genuine too. The amount of flak Ex has been getting for that stance though makes me think there are scum defending Zinn to try to make themselves look good.

I'm not particularly liking Jinjo, HD or Feenie right now.

Jinjo because she really looks like she was trying to get something going on Ex because they went against the consensus on Zinn and I'm not seeing the Chainsaw defence argument their directing at Space.

HD and Feenie for what I said above, it just looks like their trying to start wagons on anyone who they think looks slightly less active, could be looking for an easy target for a mislynch here especially if the player in question does not come back in time.

Vote: Jinjo

Could have sworn it was 3 but I was kinda busy yesterday.

I don't believe this read and it looked like you made it up. I don't see why scum would defend Zinn because this makes me think scum would rather want to put Zinn in the poe to make the lynch pool wider. You don't like me because I was trying to get something going on ExLight and how is this scum indicative? I also find this interesting once when you got some votes, you vote on another wagon and what you're doing looks like scum survivalism.

prog rocker -> MegaPod
MegaPod is subbing in for prog rocker, effective immediately.

Current Votals:

ZinnLav: 1 (ExLight)
ExLight: 1 (Jinjo)
Jinjo: 2 (Space, Rainbow Cloud)
Timaeus: 1 (DawningWinds)
Frozen Fennec: 2 (Tood, Timaeus)
Rainbow Cloud: 2 (Feenie, HumanDawn)

An easy lynch specifically in how vocal he'd been about being apprehensive of the vanilla claim. It's easy to vote him out because there's many who disagree with his view on that, so getting a majority can easily occur. I don't see how Chaos Mafia is applicable to this. I was an independent there, not working with anyone -- do you think I'm an independent hostile here?

You said here it's easy to vote him out because many disagree with him. Dawning, HD, and I were the only players who disagreed with him and 3 people is not many and what kind of logic is this?

Nothing has really pinged me so far tbh so not sure where else you want me to drop a vote lol

How has nothing else pinged you? I already have a couple of players I am suspecting and yet ZinnLav is the only player who has pinged you?

My impession about Frozen Fennec is that he is still new so he could just be mislynch bait. I have played with him in Danganronpa V3 an he was more careful about what he said and did.

From what I remember on their play in Danganronpa when they were scum was they sheeped their scum buddy on a wagon day 1.

I'm leaning town on both Zinn and Ex, feel Zinn is probably being truthful in their claim and Ex's distrust of the claim seems genuine too. The amount of flak Ex has been getting for that stance though makes me think there are scum defending Zinn to try to make themselves look good.

I'm not particularly liking Jinjo, HD or Feenie right now.

Jinjo because she really looks like she was trying to get something going on Ex because they went against the consensus on Zinn and I'm not seeing the Chainsaw defence argument their directing at Space.

Vote: Jinjo

Could have sworn it was 3 but I was kinda busy yesterday.

I don't believe this read and it looked like you made it up. I don't see why scum would defend Zinn because this makes me think scum would rather want to put Zinn in the poe to make the lynch pool wider. You don't like me because I was trying to get something going on ExLight and how is this scum indicative? I also find this interesting once when you got some votes, you vote on another wagon and what you're doing looks like scum survivalism.

Forum is lagging for me.

@TheCapsFan how much time is left until the phase updates?

Welcome to the T O W N core, Jinjo.

What I mean is that they tried to be a bit more sneaky in that game compared to this one. I can see new Mafia being more subtle, and I caught him and voted him in DRV3 when he tried to play low. Him openly stating that his voting is for him to not be criticized shows how open he is about the situation . He’s not acting that he knows what he is doing for sure, and as scum you have to make an air of toughness so people would think twice of voting you.

Sorry, what kind of result do you expect to happen? I get five votes and just claim "Oh I lied" or something?
A tie in the plurality of votes will result in No Lynch.
If a player fails to place their vote on another player by the end of the day, then they will receive a warning. Two warnings will result in a modkill/sub out. No exceptions.
Since the votes are currently tied and I'll get yelled at for not voting, I'm gonna vote for...
Vote: Rainbow Cloud

I'm no good at reads, as anyone here is probably familiar with, I liked the points about how few posts RC made I guess? Sure I haven't posted much, but from my posts I've said a lot.

Frozen Fennec despite having few games under his belt is a really strong player and I don't think they're likely mislynch bait

Zinn didn't ping me, I'm voting them for reactions which I believe it's the optimal play here, it's not really based leaning towards any alignment, but kinda hard to try it when noone else seems to really care to help :surppika:

And yea, I don't think anyone really pinged me yet, but I haven't put too much effort in yet, gonna try to do that now.

Unvote
rereading the thread right now, lessee

Frozen Fennec despite having few games under his belt is a really strong player and I don't think they're likely mislynch bait

Hmm, you really think so? Can you give me an example/s so I can be more wary for the future?

Okay, I'm back. Let's see what I missed...

Not exactly, not really getting any true scum or town reads currently and the only real discussion seems to be meta discussion revolving around Zinn and others from past mafia games. Would be kind of nice if we could filter out this type of natter sooner in future games so we can try to focus on the game itself more. I will note ironically that part of it is also because I have a history of waiting on day 1 to cast a vote which tends to lead to other players auto-assuming I'm scum which annoys me slightly sometimes.
Unvote: Jinjo

As stated above, not had much to say because it feels like a lot of what's been said so far just seems to be meta natter and that doesn't really help much with town reads. That and just seeing some back and forth chatter regarding "chainsaw defense" due to a couple of votes from the get-go.

For now, would rather I'm just not voting for anyone on day 1 at this particular time, probably going to be one of the few if only times I don't vote for someone on day 1.
Oof, having to re-read the opening post, didn't see the part about needing to have down an actual vote to keep from being killed.
Vote: Rainbow Cloud
To break the current tie of votes.
Hmm...whilst I sympathise with being at a loss regarding the Meta-natter, I fail to see how that accounts for your lack of explanation in regards to your original vote for Jinjo. Seems especially odd when you yourself brought up your preference for waiting until late in Day 1 to start voting for people.

My vote for Fennec will remain unchanged for now.

If Juju flips then we should be concerned.
I don't really like this, seems to setup a possible mislynch when a townie flips.

And slow down with the flavor solving. It's way too early and helps scum think of fake claims.

It's better to take risks in lynching Mafia than lynch players on the basis of having weak power roles. Scum will vote the Vanilla if it means lynching them.

If the Vanilla claim is Town, we lose Town. Game mechanics don't necessarily clear players, and I consider ZinnLav cleared for now based on how fitting her role is to be in the game.
Noone is lynching players on the basis they have weak roles. A Zinn push and possible lynch would be because it's a role hard to verify.

How are you even interpreting my message? Game mechanics =\= solve the game mechanically.
Solving mechanically means stuff like investigative results clearing people up. How is a Tracker or Cop result less likely to clear someone than your gut feeling that a character here can be vanilla? I know you already got some flavor solving wrong, so, again, stop pushing it this early. I explained these later on already, but to reiterate the logic here is flawed and while I don't think it's malicious I think it's dangerous.

any mislynch gets them closer to victory
This is actually a fallacy. Good mislynches reduce the PoE and actually make the mafia team much more vulnerable. Leaving people that have easier to verify roles (either by coordinating or simply by balance analysis) is much better to clear people up than, like, a Vanilla that remains mainly as a WIFOM until at least a Godfather flips.

Back
Top Bottom