• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Xenoblade Chronicles Mafia - ENDGAME: Town and Survivor Victory!

Hey y’all! Sorry it took so long for me to catch up, today has been hella busy for me.

VOTE: EXLIGHT
UwU

You're trying to flavor solve stuff too early.
I don’t really see the point of this criticism tbh. Anything that could help us determine the legitimacy of a claim at any point in the game can be useful, and it’s not like HD is suggesting we solely rely on flavor to read people. I am willing to go with HD’s reasons to believe Zinn for now, but it’s not like it’s set in stone.
Lol, I just said scum would go after literally anyone else and hope they hit a power role that might compromise them. Mafia going after a vanilla claim mislynch is stupid, and it kinda offends me that you think someone like me would play like this as scum.
Well, the Mafia can’t necessarily be as choosy with mislynches as they can with kills. When it comes to orchestrating mislynches, the Mafia has to think about who they can convince the other players might be worth lynching and not look obviously scummy while doing so, even if it isn’t necessarily someone with a role that they would rather have gone. I don’t quite agree with your stances, although I admit your reaction does seem pretty genuine here at least.

UNVOTE: EXLIGHT
How is ExLight an easy lynch? Are you saying here he is too scummy to be scum and so he can't be scum? You mentioned you were trying to save your own skin in Chaos Mafia and when I caught you as scum on day 1 doing the chainsaw defense I was the only player who was suspecting you at that time and no one else was. You started to get suspected after the night kills.
Hmm, until this post, I was sorta reading the Jinjo and Space interactions as possible Town vs Town disagreements, but this post pinged me as weird. Jinjo asking how Ex is an easy lynch seems pointless because I figured the reasoning was straightforward: his stance was not very popular, as Space later put it:
An easy lynch specifically in how vocal he'd been about being apprehensive of the vanilla claim. It's easy to vote him out because there's many who disagree with his view on that, so getting a majority can easily occur.
I don’t get where Jinjo got the bolded part from, it feels sort of like she’s trying to make Space’s reasoning sound less...uh...reasonable than it actually is. And the part after the bold part feels like an irrelevant anecdotal detail about the Chaos game in which Space was scum and Jinjo suspected them. Possible attempt at subliminally associating Space and herself with their respective alignments from then? :lapras: Either way it strikes me as off.

VOTE: JINJO

Well... do we just wing it and lynch Midorikawa :M...?
Unvote: Rainbow Cloud
Vote: Midorikawa

Rainbow Cloud isn’t off the hook for me and Feenie I’m feeling okay with now.
Unvote
Vote: Midorikawa
Eeeugghgghh what? Why? I agree with Dawning that voting Mido is a shot in the dark at this point when we have much better lynch options in the form of people who’ve actually showed up for the game. Even if we don’t strike gold right away with our D1 lynch, we could still try to get insight about interactions involving them from their flip.

I’m unsure whether to believe RC’s claim, but if RC is really a Town Jailer then he could be useful to keep around for now. But then again...Jinjo soft cc’d this claim of RC’s, which RC only made after being called out for staying under the radar...ugh, ya know what?

UNVOTE: JINJO
VOTE: RAINBOW CLOUD

I know I must look bizarre for flip-flopping within a single post, I’ve been quoting stuff I thought was weird and writing my thoughts on them as I went along all evening, and some of my opinions have been on a rollercoaster. :lapras: But I think the evidence now points to trusting Jinjo over RC, despite Jinjo’s post that struck me as really weird. And if RC somehow flips Town, that will give me more reason to suspect Jinjo afterwards, but if RC’s claim is a cover for Roleblocker, I’ll feel more comfortable trusting Jinjo instead.

Perhaps soon I’ll post a reads list that sums up my thoughts on everyone.

Night 1
Night 1: Out In A Blaze Of Golden

Scanning the battlefield, the heroes went straight for the jugular. Suddenly, Sharla saw a flash of gold out of the corner of her eye. It was Egil, the Leader of Mechonis. With a crash, his Mechon flew at her from the flank. She dodged, and lodged a Thunder Bullet in just the perfect spot. The cockpit of the Mechon flew open, and out tumbled Egil. Coming in from behind, Shulk helped with a Back Slash and the Machina stumbled to the ground. With a grin, Reyn jeered "Strongest Mechon ever built? That's a load of Bunnit Dung."
  4. @MegaPod
  5. @Midorikawa
  6. @Space
  7. @Tood
  8. @ExLight
  9. @Feenie
  10. @Frozen Fennec
  11. @ZinnLav
  12. @DawningWinds
  13. @Timaeus
Final Votals:

ExLight: 1 (Jinjo)
Timaeus: 1 (DawningWinds)
Frozen Fennec: 2 (Tood, Timaeus)
Rainbow Cloud: 4 (Feenie, Frozen Fennec, Space, MegaPod)
Midorikawa: 2 (HumanDawn, ExLight)
Feenie: 2 (Rainbow Cloud, ZinnLav)

Dear Rainbow Cloud,

xA9NeLZVpwSj9iG4fVRMjLaoIGML0JEAEpvkWI54eJ5pXhbd9tFuZLzZh9f34Eh--T6KKfEPPo3fx3MyQM5farA-dEJf4fJ5C1T2WRlYZKypj6gSgEfaAIPcBBTZwXmqrwz1stcD

Egil said:
This is the strongest Mechon ever built, controlled by me, Egil. Leader of Mechonis, and agent of Meyneth!

You are Egil, self-proclaimed Leader of Mechonis, and the mastermind behind both Mechon assaults on Bionis. You are a Machina who, long ago, swore revenge on all people of Bionis after a massacre on your people. Your desire for revenge is understandable, albeit somewhat naive. Before the massacre of your people, you are described as being kind, especially to those poorer than you, but now you are a changed Machina, with nothing able to satisfy your needs besides complete destruction of the Bionis and its inhabitants.

From your throne on Mechonis, you wield a number of impressive weapons. The first is the Apocrypha Generator, which halts the eminence of the ether waves that the Monado draws its power from. As such, you have the power to Roleblock one player every night to prevent their action from occurring. Type [Roleblock]: PLAYER in your DM to use this action. You also have at your disposal the most powerful Mechon ever created: Yaldabaoth, a Mechon with golden-plated armor. Yaldabaoth’s protection also grants you a 1x Bulletproof which will protect you from one shot during the game.

In short, you are Egil, the Roleblocker + 1x Bulletproof, and you are aligned with the Mechon Army. You win when you equal or outnumber any opposing forces, or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

Rainbow Cloud has been lynched! They were Egil, the Roleblocker + 1x Bulletproof, allied with the Mechon Army.

Night 1 has begun. Please send your night actions in your Role PMs. Day 2 will begin at 11PM EST tomorrow, Sunday April 11 unless we forget. You may speak during the night.

Last edited:
Yay a mafia lynch on day 1. I had a feeling there was something off with RC's Jailer claim but I still wasn't sure since it looked like my role collides with Jailer.

Feenie, Fennec, Space, and MegaPod were on the wagon and the only player who gets credit for being on the wagon is Feenie and the other players who started the RC wagon were HD and ZinnLav but unvoted him. Even though HD and ZinnLav unvoted RC I'm still leaning town on them. I am not town reading Space and Fennec because I can still see a scum bussing RC and don't clear Space and Fennec for being on the scum wagon.

Yaay, we lynched Mafia Day 1! Good job on sticking to your guns on voting Rainbow Cloud. We got the Roleblocker too, and a Bulletproof, which means there is definitely a Vigilante or some Serial Killer. Vigilante could be almost anyone really with how everyone kills somebody except Juju but Serial Killer would be way more difficult.

Needless to say (or not because of what happened in Archie Sonic Mafia), Town checks are now more unreliable with the chance of a Godfather increasing with less Mafia.

I want to note that it’s possible that Rainbow Cloud voted Midorikawa Day 1 to distance from them as scum partners. Despite me bringing up the option of Midorikawa as a possible lynch in the last few hours, Rainbow Cloud did not vote it and decided to stick with Feenie. Could just be that he thought that trying to lynch Midorikawa could make him look worse, or a Feenie lynch would just be more rewarding.

Feenie, Fennec, Space, and MegaPod were on the wagon and the only player who gets credit for being on the wagon is Feenie and the other players who started the RC wagon were HD and ZinnLav but unvoted him. Even though HD and ZinnLav unvoted RC I'm still leaning town on them. I am not town reading Space and Fennec because I can still see a scum bussing RC and don't clear Space and Fennec for being on the scum wagon.

Nope, Feenie started the wagon, and beat me to it too by like 2 minutes.

Guess I'm too willing to believe in others.
This is why I'm no good at Mafia, just makes it hard to trust people.

It’s okay ZinnLav! It’s very normal to make mistakes in Mafia. I wouldn’t say you are no good at all.

My reads more or less.

Town
^
I HumanDawn
l Jinjo
l Feenie
I DawningWinds
l ZinnLav
l Space (sonic mafia bussing paranoia otherwise higher)
l MegaPod
l Frozen Fennec
l ExLight
l Tood
l Timaeus
l Midorikawa
v
Mafia

I would recommend the Vigilante/SK to just kill Midorikawa. Information roles can check whoever.

Nice! Okay, I'll form coherent thoughts later, I just wanted to check to see the phase update when I woke up. Jinjo and HD are def town in my eyes, I'll have to look through everyone else's actions in a bit.

Still leaning town on Zinn and Ex, feeling a bit better about you.
RC didn't say much about anyone else (except saying that he thought scum were me and Jinjo)... but this is making me hmmmm a bit.

Also, @Jinjo you kept your vote on Ex the whole time... were you feeling more strongly that Ex was maf? Or did you just forget to switch your vote?

RC didn't say much about anyone else (except saying that he thought scum were me and Jinjo)... but this is making me hmmmm a bit.
I'm not mafia and if we have a lie detector yall can try to use this to verify it lol

The only other game I saw RC as mafia they super hard distanced from Megapod, not sure if they'd do the same here

I'm not mafia and if we have a lie detector yall can try to use this to verify it lol
Now that I think about it, I haven't seen a lie detector in a game in a while. I like that role.

The only other game I saw RC as mafia they super hard distanced from Megapod, not sure if they'd do the same here
I see. Unfortunately, RC really didn't interact with many players. I'll take a look back to make sure I'm not missing anything significant.

Back
Top Bottom