• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Xenoblade Chronicles Mafia - ENDGAME: Town and Survivor Victory!

Endgame
Endgame: The Future is Ours
  1. @Jinjo
  2. @Crystal Onix
  3. @Space
  4. @ExLight
  5. @Feenie
  6. @Frozen Fennec
  7. @ZinnLav
  8. @DawningWinds
On the fourth day, Melia and Shulk took a squadron of Havres units into the depths of the Valley to clear out the last remaining Mechon. She was accompanied by the High Entia captain, Lorithia, and her brother, Kallian. Upon reaching the entrance to Galahad Fortress, however, there were no Mechon to be found. Stifling a laugh, Lorithia grinned as ether spewed out of the Havres units, transforming all the High Entia aboard - including Kallian - into Telethia. The Telethia encircled Shulk and Melia, diving down every now and then to launch attacks at the two heroes. Fighting off the beasts, neither of them realized that Lorithia was turning the Havres to face the two. Then, full speed ahead, she drove the Havres straight towards them - hitting Shulk in the process.

As Shulk was hit, it seemed like his spirit escaped from his body as he fell to the ground. Shulk's spirit began to absorb the ether from the Havres until it had materialized into a body of its own, with a helmet that mirrored the shape of the head of the Bionis. "Lord Zanza!" exclaimed Lorithia as she bowed before him. Frustrated, Melia put all her energy into a Mind Blast that swept Lorithia off her feet and to the ground, lifeless, but Zanza seemed unharmed. Turning to face Melia, he grinned, and picked up the Monado at his feet. The Monado began to transform, until it appeared to be something...similar, but quite different all the same. Zanza lifted the sword to strike, and as he brought the blade down...

...with a bloodcurtling scream, Fiora rushed in with a similar sword of her own, her eyes glowing red with a strange light surrounding her body. She parried Zanza's attack, and advanced back. Shocked, Zanza lost his momentum and was gradually pushed back towards the Fortress doors. As Riki, Reyn, and Alvis ran past her to assist Fiora, Melia ran ahead to help as well. Raising her staff to the sky, she Summoned a Bolt of lightning, which, when she swung the staff downward, crashed directly on Zanza, pushing him backwards into the Ether river below. As he flailed in the Ether, the crew ran back to grab Shulk's body before the entire Fortress exploded in a green light. The battle was one.

Perched atop a lookout spot at the edge of the hilt of the Sword, Dickson sat up and away from the scope on his rifle. Shrugging his shoulders, he turned away from the scene and lit a cigarette before disappearing into the evening darkness.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear DawningWinds,

YfD8Op6Xdzi9yQWAJA7Rd7N1Db4e52VIvT32-tB-uOCoDXCyzmrWe99GNN_YUBAuynsrbfpnnnQS45d1DABTstJyU2QmGc1zxCSaZXiQdRgn3RwnndK3qv9cfq5L8XlPr1XCFkIl

Zanza said:
This is the passage of fate!

You are Zanza, God of Bionis. You are a complicated being: originally a human from Earth, half your soul was sucked into the creation of this world after a failed experiment to create a new universe in which all mankind was divine. You somewhat succeeded in this wish, and took the form of the Bionis to ensure divinity for yourself. You are engaged in an endless conflict with Meyneth, the God of Mechonis, who used to be your friend on Earth as well. Whereas you want to ensure the continuation of your divinity, Meyneth insists that the idea of divinity has caused too much destruction already, and pushes against you.

Long ago, you sought to destroy all forms of life on Mechonis such that your existence would be the only one. Your slaughter of many Machina fostered the intense hatred and revenge for the Bionis that grew in Egil, the Machina’s leader, over thousands of years, eventually culminating in the First, and current, Battles for Sword Valley.

There’s one more flavor thing we can mention about you, but perhaps that’s better saved for a future game...

The People of Bionis’ existence is due to your ether life force. When life forms from Bionis die, their bodies must be “returned to the Bionis,” essentially allowing you to create new life. In order for your existence to perpetuate, you sought to create a cycle of destruction and rebirth, in which all life on Bionis would perish, such that you could create it again. Not only does this make you the true antagonist of this battle, but also the Zombie. Once per night you can type [Infect]: PLAYER in your role PM to infect that player with the will to exist in that endless cycle. Once a player has been infected, they have a 75% chance to infect those that they target (if they are an Active role). You win when all of the players in the game have been infected.

Your loyal disciple, Dickson, is in the game and can win with you. If you attempt to infect Dickson, his identity will be revealed to you, though he will not know who you are. You will then be given the ability to infect someone else.

In short, you are Zanza, the Zombie, and you are aligned with yourself. You win when you have infected all of the members of the game, or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

DawningWinds has been lynched! They were Zanza, the Zombie, and allied with themselves.

Town and the Survivor have won the game! Thank you all for playing, and we hope you had fun. We will release the rest of the game's materials tomorrow.

That was... confusing.
How is that not a cult leader and how did I remove his zombie power and not automatically get him modkilled?
I wasn't suspecting him as Zanza because my Role PM didn't imply he himself was a Zombie, I'd just figured he was the first victim.
If I'm honest I didn't enjoy this game, so many accusations against me that felt like personal attacks, I literally had no reason to lie.
I also didn't know the source material so I could hardly imply anything flavour wise behind my role. Surely someone would've known about Zanza and his Aura thing?

Here are my Role PMs now that the game is over to clear up any confusion about them:
Dear ZinnLav,

b68t9h7BMGrIQkBZbkfkHTnxKHMTX8itqXM047sGDRn0R-fy2NrdVsZ1zp9PiKdilWsTo-cNlmNTZPJF71rYJ7oLLayv1HxDRolJV89qS6AdkNFZ3cCeEV7U6cgCqeTT15MF2WfH

You are Fiora, Huntress and Caretaker of Colony 9. You are Dunban’s sister, and cared for him after he was gravely injured during the First Battle of Sword Valley. You’re also childhood friends with Shulk and Reyn, and very, very protective of Shulk, for...~reasons~. As such, you’re not afraid to make self-sacrificial or reckless decisions if it means protection for the ones you love. In general, you can be quite cocky, but in a flirty sort of way.

Despite your intense care and love for others, you are...not super talented in battle. As such, you are a Vanilla. You don’t have any night actions...but you do what you can to defeat your enemies by working together with your allies.

In short, you are Fiora, the Vanilla, and you are aligned with the People of the Bionis. You win if all threats to the People of the Bionis are dead, or nothing can prevent this from happening.

Day 2:

In the heat of battle, you see a silver faced Mechon with a face bearing down on Shulk. He wields a set of frightening claws. “Shulk!” you scream, scanning your surroundings for anything you can use to help him. Out of the corner of your eye, you see an empty artillery unit. Thinking fast, you jump into the artillery unit and turn it on. You rush at the faced mechon, firing all your weapons. As the faced Mechon turns to look at you, it seems as if it grins, before you feel a sharp pain…you look down and see its claws pierced through your chest. As everything fades to white, you see a flash of red emanate from a triangular piece on your armor…

“Fiora...Our mission is not complete. Zanza...He is the true evil. He must be stopped.”

You try to look around, but everything is white. Suddenly, as you blink, the scene reappears before your eyes. The silver mechon is pushed back by the force of...whatever that was, to the edge of the sword. You watch as it falls off the sword, but gathers itself to retreat back to the fortress. Looking down at your armor, the triangular piece still glows a faint red. You hear another voice in your head:

“I am...no, we, are Meyneth.”

You suddenly understand what you are meant to do.
------------------------------------------------------------------
-0Jk3_De1W3f-ItSxtIkLixoVCLkwti7zui9TsTUBNPFJJApUzROWOTRJBwD6GBEDx0WstzToLnOXy-7kU14KfNFM2O8QDj0VUWs9RQ3P3CGTpbW14VsuG16tQMYB9gdAFFUz4qT

You are now Meyneth, Lady of Mechonis and Wielder of the Mechonis’ Monado. At one point, you were a human on Earth, and friend to Zanza (then known as Klaus). However, when the apocalypse was triggered, only you and Zanza survived in the world he created. Zanza wanted to eliminate you, as you alone stood in the way of his ultimate desire to rule over all of this new world. As such you created the Mechonis to fight Zanza’s Bionis, and became his sworn enemy, for all eternity.

Despite common understanding of all Mechonis entities by the People of the Bionis as hostile, you share in their suffering and only wish for all people to coexist in peace. Zanza’s motives are to disrupt this peace. Therefore, you choose to stand in the way of his goal. Zanza wishes to infect all beings with his Aura, such that when they are all infected, he can destroy them all and either return them to his life force, or, in the case of Mechon, destroy them for good. Auras have a chance of transmitting from player to player upon contact. If all beings are infected, the game will end and Zanza will win. To combat this, you are now the De-Zombifier. Each night, you may target a player. If they have been infected with Zanza’s Aura, you will cure this infection. You cannot be infected by Zanza. Type [De-Zombify]: Player to attempt to cure them.

You know of the existence of Zanza in this game. You may not mention Zanza’s name in-thread, nor allude to his goal (as this is an extension of nameclaiming), but you may claim that you know of the existence of a third-party, or something of this sort if you so choose.

You are still allied with the People of the Bionis.

Host Note
: This was intended from the beginning, we didn’t add this in just because you were whiny. :p

Good game guys. It was unfortunate that the Mafia's streak turned out so badly - one inactive Mafia is much different in power compared to just one inactive Town. Meyneth being the Dezombiefier makes a lot more sense, it didn't even cross my mind that Fiora's role could be changed to Meyneth from Vanilla.

Here's the link to the Google Doc containing all the Role PMs & NA's.

That was... confusing.
How is that not a cult leader and how did I remove his zombie power and not automatically get him modkilled?
I wasn't suspecting him as Zanza because my Role PM didn't imply he himself was a Zombie, I'd just figured he was the first victim.

Zombie is different from a Cult Leader first and foremost because there is no OC between the Zombie and those it has zombified. When a player is Zombified, they are not notified that they are Zombified, and neither is the Zombie. The Zombie's goal should be to PR hunt and target a wide variety of players to utilize the fact that Zombification can be spread through night actions, rather than the Cult Leader, who might want to target vocal Town players instead to get them into their OC and coordinate with them. Lastly, unlike Cult Leader, the Zombie still has a chance to win if they die, since those it has Zombified can still Zombify other players unknowingly, and reach a majority Zombified.

Your target on DawningWinds Night 2 did nothing, and did not remove his Zombie power. We should have made this more clear that would have been the case in your Role PM. I suppose one other thing we could have done is made it so that if a De-Zombifier targeted Zanza, then his action would have failed, like a Roleblocker.

Surely someone would've known about Zanza and his Aura thing?

Only Dickson knew about Zanza's intentions. Again, we probably should have made it more clear that Zanza was a hostile Independent in both your role PM and ExLight's.

Zombie is different from a Cult Leader first and foremost because there is no OC between the Zombie and those it has zombified. When a player is Zombified, they are not notified that they are Zombified, and neither is the Zombie. The Zombie's goal should be to PR hunt and target a wide variety of players to utilize the fact that Zombification can be spread through night actions, rather than the Cult Leader, who might want to target vocal Town players instead to get them into their OC and coordinate with them. Lastly, unlike Cult Leader, the Zombie still has a chance to win if they die, since those it has Zombified can still Zombify other players unknowingly, and reach a majority Zombified.
Ah so it was basically the same as my Cancer role from Cells at Work Mafia, though it is still pretty Bastard isn't it?
Your target on DawningWinds Night 2 did nothing, and did not remove his Zombie power. We should have made this more clear that would have been the case in your Role PM. I suppose one other thing we could have done is made it so that if a De-Zombifier targeted Zanza, then his action would have failed, like a Roleblocker.
Welp
Only Dickson knew about Zanza's intentions. Again, we probably should have made it more clear that Zanza was a hostile Independent in both your role PM and ExLight's.
Yeah but people like HD have played Xenoblade right, so they could probably flavour solve that he was the one spreading his Aura thing turning people into zombies.

Two Indepts (one being hostile) and three mafia is a bit tough for Town, I'm honestly kinda shocked at how smooth the game went for them lol

Thanks for hosting! The game was pretty fun and I really enjoyed the roles. The flavor put into it seemed pretty cool, it's a bit of a shame I don't know much about xenoblade atm.

Two Indepts (one being hostile) and three mafia is a bit tough for Town, I'm honestly kinda shocked at how smooth the game went for them lol

Thanks for hosting! The game was pretty fun and I really enjoyed the roles. The flavor put into it seemed pretty cool, it's a bit of a shame I don't know much about xenoblade atm.
This is what we thought too, and why we didn't buff the mafia further than we did.

Town did have the extra unnecesary investigative role though. I kinda wish we had maybe put in either an arms or vest dealer, but the game was a little small to have too many killing roles.

Back
Top Bottom