• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Xenoblade Chronicles Mafia - ENDGAME: Town and Survivor Victory!

They joined to help fill the game up. They got Vanilla which demotivated them from playing the game as it isn’t a fun role and wanted to claim it straight.
This exactly.
While I was interested in the Danganronpa V3 game, getting Vanilla was boring, which is why I gave myself a fake post restriction in it, and it worked because I knew the material.
Xenoblade makes me sad in general after someone who borrowed my copy of 2 spoiled the ending for me, which ruined the series for me.
But never let it be said I don't help a game. I'll contribute how I can, just don't expect me to do much.
If you don't believe my vanilla claim you're perfectly willing to lynch me on a later day, I more claimed it so Town power roles don't waste their time on me, better to cop the person who hasn't claimed first than the person who claimed to be roleless, wouldn't you say? If I'm alive come day 3 or so, then you can start thinking it's a bit suspect.
Probably basically what HD said, and I'd maybe also say that having her claim out when her not planning to put a whole lot of effort into the game makes sense because Town are less likely to waste a Day on lynching her due to the minimal effort she's putting in if we know what her role is. (Though that might've been what HD was implying as well.)
As Dawning put nicely.

Speaking of flavour, if there's an Independent it will probably be Survivor and they would be Alvis for being a neutral party in everything except the Mechon, so if the scum is only People of the Mechonis then I can see him as Town and maybe Vanea could be an Independent for being against the Mechonis, or maybe just Town? Metal Face could be an Independent for having his own agenda as a Serial Killer, but I see him being more likely to be aligned with Mechonis than an Independent.
lol next time I get Vanilla I should just treat it like a Survivor, since a Vanilla is just a Town aligned Survivor xD

Yeah, despite my concern over the claim just a bit earlier, I feel like it'd be a bad idea to lynch Zinn based on being Vanilla. It's probably truthful (though there is a small bit of doubt in me) and it seems weird to want a wagon to build just based off the claim and nothing else.
More suspect to vote for someone who claimed a role, than to vote for someone you know nothing about I'd say.
A bit of wine, but would I, as Mafia be so brazen to fake claim Vanilla on Day One (likely before having a chance to consult fellow Mafia) in the hopes that it paid off and had everyone ignore me. It's a highly risky play wouldn't you say? (hey that rhymes!)
voting a vanilla claim is optimal because even if we're wrong we don't lose any roles that might help solve the game mechanically
I'm happy to offer my body up for slaughter if you think it'd help. But perhaps you'd be better off hitting someone at random, rather than someone who claimed something?
I'd be surprised if I'm the only Vanilla, with this many people, surely there's at least one other. Remember Vanilla is basically just a filler role when you don't want too many power roles in play, it would be slightly odd to only have one Vanilla, not to be judgemental on our hosts, but I think they wouldn't give everyone a role and then just give up on this one.
Even given Zinn's stated apathy, I doubt they would be straight up suicidal and so I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt for now unless any new evidence comes to light.
I mean I could've fake claimed Miller or something just to get myself killed on purpose, easier to just be up front about it... though speaking of, is there no Miller to be found? Perhaps prog or Mido is our Miller, though at this stage I'd be wary if their sub claims it (after all, by the time they sub in, they could easily be Mafia and fake claim Miller having seen nobody else did)

Anyway, basically I agree with most of what HD and Dawning have said regarding me being a Vanilla.
Unvote: HumanDawn
(Still think it'd be funny if we did get to lynch you though)

Hi there, going to try reading and catching up on this thread in an hour or so.
Never played the Xenoblade games, I have played the Xenosaga trilogy though. :p

i know u said xenogears first :0

@ZinnLav How do you feel about Ex, anyway? I noticed you unvoted Human but haven't voted anyone else and I kind of would've expected you to maybe vote Ex for being against your claim.

I can understand why Zinn's exasperated at getting vanilla twice in two separate role madness games :unsure:

I mean I could've fake claimed Miller or something just to get myself killed on purpose, easier to just be up front about it... though speaking of, is there no Miller to be found?
I'm theorizing based on flavor here, but I think it's possible for the miller to have some other additional function if they're a character like Fiora? If that's the case, then I'd understand why one wouldn't come out right off the bat (assuming they're not inactives).

VOTE: Tood

lets lynch this slot tho :enzap:
:enzap:

Also, if we assume all seven party members are in the game and there are 3 mafia members, that would leave only 3 spots for additional town + indeps

If Juju + Alvis are in this game, then there's only one town (or indep) unaccounted for, right?

I haven't played XC in a long while, so I need to catch up on the lore.

Also, if we assume all seven party members are in the game and there are 3 mafia members, that would leave only 3 spots for additional town + indeps

If Juju + Alvis are in this game, then there's only one town (or indep) unaccounted for, right?

Town:

Shulk
Fiora
Reyn
Sharla
Dunban
Riki
Melia
Dickson
Alvis (Indep ?)
Otharon
Juju

Mafia:

Egil
Metal Face
Jade Face

---

That's 14 total. Vanea could be Town too as she is also a Party Guest, but maybe she is just not in the game despite being more important than Juju...?

Town:

Shulk
Fiora
Reyn
Sharla
Dunban
Riki
Melia
Dickson
Alvis (Indep ?)
Otharon
Juju

Mafia:

Egil
Metal Face
Jade Face

---

That's 14 total. Vanea could be Town too as she is also a Party Guest, but maybe she is just not in the game despite being more important than Juju...?
I feel like there are 2 indepts in this setup, can you think of characters for one that is hostile and one that is non-hostile?

I feel like there are 2 indepts in this setup, can you think of characters for one that is hostile and one that is non-hostile?

Nah... 2? Unless there are 2 Mafia or a very powerful Town I don't see 2 Independents. Dickson would definitely be Town but Alvis I see more being an Independent, like, if there was one, it's him.

Maybe Melia's half-sister Tyrea could be a Lyncher on Melia.

I think scum would vote a vanilla claim because that's an easy lynch for them and later on he said mafia going after a vanilla claim is stupid saying that he wouldn't play like this as scum but I can also see scum ExLight talking his way out like this.

Vote: ExLight

coming after me because I said I don't trust a vanilla lynch under the excuse that me not blindly trusting someone that isn't easy to verify is scummy is downright nonsensical

and I made it pretty clear that I wanted to pressure Zinn to see how they reacted first, yall putting words in my mouth by saying I'm trying to get them mislynched :rolleyes:

I think scum would vote a vanilla claim because that's an easy lynch for them and later on he said mafia going after a vanilla claim is stupid saying that he wouldn't play like this as scum but I can also see scum ExLight talking his way out like this.
Do you have an example of Ex doing/saying something similar in a previous game where he was maf?

Do you have an example of Ex doing/saying something similar in a previous game where he was maf?
I'm sure I have, and I don't always play the optimal way as mafia so it's a fair assumption

People saying they wouldn't do something as scum is pretty common and just WIFOM tho

I'm not mafia and I'd assume whoever is playing as mafia would opt for playing optimally though if they don't good for us lol

I'm sure I have, and I don't always play the optimal way as mafia so it's a fair assumption
I was just wanting some specific illustration from Jinjo, just to see her example(s) of it. I don't really like reliance on meta, tbh. I think it can be useful in small doses, but otherwise, ehhh.

Hmmm I believe Zinnlav's claim given they got vanilla last game they were in and I like how they were upfront this one about it. That being said, I see nothing wrong with Exlight's apprehensiveness towards the claim.

I'd be surprised if I'm the only Vanilla, with this many people, surely there's at least one other. Remember Vanilla is basically just a filler role when you don't want too many power roles in play, i

I don't know, it's been a while, but I'm pretty sure in larger games in the past there hasn't been more than one vanilla. Unless there's a vanilla + miller + restless spirit or something of the sort, but not straight up vanilla.

I'm theorizing based on flavor here, but I think it's possible for the miller to have some other additional function if they're a character like Fiora? If that's the case, then I'd understand why one wouldn't come out right off the bat (assuming they're not inactives).

True about the inactive part, but even if there's some other function to their role, I don't think it hurts for them to just simply say they're miller and leave it at that.

Also for reference I know nothing about the Xenoblade series so I don't know anything flavor wise

The same could be said about going after someone vocally against vanilla - it would be an easy lynch. Exlight isn't entirely pushing for a lynch, but pointing out how fully trusting the claim can go wrong. Exlight refuted a similar claim against the easy mislynch idea:

Lol, I just said scum would go after literally anyone else and hope they hit a power role that might compromise them. Mafia going after a vanilla claim mislynch is stupid, and it kinda offends me that you think someone like me would play like this as scum.

Vote: Jinjo

Unvote: Midorikawa

Not really seeing the case on Ex, I'm leaning more town on Zinn but I'm still critical of the claim as I feel it helps scum more than town, I prefer Ex's suspicion of them to just giving Zinn a free pass because they don't like their role.

Saying something similar as in suspecting a vanilla claim? I haven't seen. Portal Mafia was one of those games where he was scum getting suspected and he talked his way out from getting lynched.

The same could be said about going after someone vocally against vanilla - it would be an easy lynch. Exlight isn't entirely pushing for a lynch, but pointing out how fully trusting the claim can go wrong. Exlight refuted a similar claim against the easy mislynch idea:

Vote: Jinjo

This post what you did there is a chainsaw defense meaning you are defending a player by attacking their attacker and a player who does that is sometimes probably scum. You did that at the Chaos Mafia and you were an indie scum.

If ExLight is town, then one of Space or Fennec is scum for the chainsaw defense for voting the player who is attacking their suspect and it also looks like there is tmi going on here.

If ExLight is town, then one of Space or Fennec is scum for the chainsaw defense for voting the player who is attacking their suspect and it also looks like there is tmi going on here.

meh

not feeling it

--

nothing about what Tood said has made me decide to move my needle

Back
Top Bottom