• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

XY 001 & 002 - Hour long special

Status
Not open for further replies.
Episode 1 is officially streamed online on niconico. It requires a premium account to watch though.

歌に!トークに!ポケモンバトル!ポケモンアニメXY第1話超試写会&生LIVE祭り@ニコファーレ - 2013/10/14 18:30開始 - ニコニコ生放送 (actual episode starts at about 1:13:30)

The animation was absolutely gorgeous. I'm loving the updated art style and I love all the little new design choices like the multicolour overlay thing that's replaced the sketch look on the To Be Continued screens and also things like the VS screen for Ash and Clemont. TR's motto footage was also the prettiest I've ever seen, and TR themselves were great. Acting in-character while at the same time putting up a decent battle.

Ash seemed very full of life in this episode. He wasn't really acting any different to normal but it was just nice seeing him genuinely excited to see new people and places instead of him kinda plainly saying "The thing I see in front of me is awesome." Clemont, Bonnie and Serena were also very full of life. I'm very excited to see how the cast work together once they unite.

I think Clemont has gotten kicked out of his gym too. He seemed down at the start, he hesitated when he was asked what Pokémon he had indicating that he may have lost access to his electric type gym team and he hesitated again when asked if he has looking for badges. They also seemed surprised that the gym electrocuted Ash, which might mean Clemont has been replaced with a harsher gym leader. I'd totally be up for a story about reclaiming his lost gym!

Could Clemont actually be challenging gyms though?? I mean Bonnie said he will which would be awesome in my opinion lol.

Also 5 bucks?? Can someone with a premium membership record the episode and post it somewhere else??

Last edited:
So Clemont is also going on a badge quest? I'm very interested to see how it turns out.

Oh, are there any clues as to what Serena's goal is?

So we have a new preview:

[video=youtube;7zDfLwGtEag]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zDfLwGtEag[/video]

It's showing off the starters.

Seriously how amazing is Froakie :).

Clemont looks so cute in the scene where Ash introduces himself~ Looks like he's a socially awkward nerd, then? :D

So Clemont is also going on a badge quest? I'm very interested to see how it turns out.

... So Clemont's the one with a goal overlapping Ash's? Weird.

Gin, thanks for the review =)

the episode started with serena's mom asking fletchling to go wake her. it pecks her (? its off screen, but she screams) and she yells at it not to wake her that way after chasing it around her room a bit. she says to herself she hopes something good will happen that day.
Wait... Isn't that how the XY games start? If so, I'm glad they did it.

Bonnie looks so cute in that pic with her fangirling over Pikachu.
Also, Clemont is kind of funny. When they were taking Froakie to the lab, he had the same expression on his face as he had when Ash was falling down. Digging the character so far.

The series is off to a good start.

it was even more of a game-like intro than you can imagine, with fletchling flying up the stairs with the camera following it. it was really great!

clemont was better than even i imagined and i was already a big fangirl. i loved dento as well, but he never really did anything important, nor made any progress. i can already sense clemont is going to have a serious goal and make immense progress and be a very deep character, with bonnie claiming the joke sidekick role. if the games are an indication, clemont might be conflicted about how to respect pokemon and enjoy their company while also being a gym leader who is supposed to be strong (which in the games is something he denounces). so we shall see. my hopes are sky high, but tentatively, since this is the pokemon anime, crusher of hopes and dreams.

how was Eureka?

probably not. From what I saw, Ash asked if Clemont was hunting for badges but it seems as if he isn't as Bonnie was interrupting and coming up with something out of the blue.

I feel like Clemont's goal is something else.

After watching the first episode... God damn, that is definitely the best start to a series for Pokemon. No resets by the looks of that battle, and overall... It's gotten me stoked for Thursday!

After watching the first episode... God damn, that is definitely the best start to a series for Pokemon. No resets by the looks of that battle, and overall... It's gotten me stoked for Thursday!

Struggling to beat a mere fresh bunnelby and being pwned by wobuffet not enough of a nerf? If it wasn't for team rocket ash would have just lost again. I mean what happened to the ash who trumped a rhydon by aiming for the horn? How can he do that but not fight past a random bunny?

Struggling to beat a mere fresh bunnelby and being pwned by wobuffet not enough of a nerf? If it wasn't for team rocket ash would have just lost again. I mean what happened to the ash who trumped a rhydon by aiming for the horn? How can he do that but not fight past a random bunny?

It's not a random Bunnelby, though; it belongs to a Gym Leader and one who has quite clearly trained it, judging by the battle. You have absolutely no basis on which to say that Ash would have lost because at the point when Team Rocket inserted themselves in to the fight, things were fairly even. It was a good battle. Ash clearly displayed the battle sense and flexible thinking we expect from him at his best and Pikachu performed well.

But all-in-all, it was a really nice start to the Kalos saga of the anime. Citron and Eureka not explaining that Citron is a gym leader is interesting and it's a nice mystery to ruminate on. I'm definitely looking forward to the full broadcast on Thursday.

Just watched it. It was a great way to start the series! Loved it, feels a lot better than the average first episode, and the battle wasn't bad, since it was clear the Horubi had been trained before and it actually looked somewhat strong. It's nowhere near as embarrassing as the Tsutarja battle, at any rate... Satoshi was adorable in this episode, and his excitement's contagious, I'm really excited about the next episode!!!

the first episode is available for special viewing for a limited time online with an ID and password received at events in japan this past weekend.

テレビ東京・あにてれ 「ポケッモンスター エックスワイ」第1話(特別版)特設サイト

i will share with you the info...
ID: POKEMONXY
password: 20131017

please enjoy!

Just watched it and it was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much sunnyshore, you're the best <3 <3!!!!!

Seriously Bunnelby is a beast lol. And it was cool to see Froakie getting a special ability outside of a move :). And Froakie looks like a tank ^_^!!

So lets see:

Clemont's Bunnelby:

Dig
Mud Shot
Double Slap(I'm guessing)

Froakie:

Water Pulse

Did I miss anything??

the first episode is available for special viewing for a limited time online with an ID and password received at events in japan this past weekend.

テレビ東京・あにてれ 「ポケッモンスター エックスワイ」第1話(特別版)特設サイト

i will share with you the info...
ID: POKEMONXY
password: 20131017

please enjoy!

Thanks for this, and all this time i thought ur sig was a eyecatch, turns out it's part of the xy anime title card beginning.

As for the episode, I'm sorta meh about it. But it usually takes me a while to get used to a new series of this anime.

Hx8AS9i.png

Iron Tail animation is back to pre-bw with the white glow. Weird decision...

Hx8AS9i.png

Iron Tail animation is back to pre-bw with the white glow. Weird decision...

It's was for the better. BW's Iron Tail seemed a little to slow in comparison to the past one. Though it seems to still have a bit of BW Iron Tail's shine.

Well they did have to have the Hypno-Froakie make its appearance so it seemed simple enough to have ash have a Mediocre battle, have team rocket attack, and then have froakie steal the spotlight. i think it was a fill/stall tactic to drum up suspence. or after he hit that airbag, he probily knocked his head loose again

Well they did have to have the Hypno-Froakie make its appearance so it seemed simple enough to have ash have a Mediocre battle, have team rocket attack, and then have froakie steal the spotlight. i think it was a fill/stall tactic to drum up suspence. or after he hit that airbag, he probily knocked his head loose again

Lol it's not like Clemont is a beginner trainer, he's a freaking gym leader, why is it so bad for Pikachu to not 1HKO a gym leaders pokemon, especially one who knows ground type moves??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom