• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

XY 001 & 002 - Hour long special

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogasu

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
The official website getting a major update earlier tonight's given us our first summary of the first two episodes:

"A boy who aims to be a Pokemon Master named Satoshi and his partner Pikachu have come to the Kalos Region. Satoshi is eager to go to the Pokemon Gym where Pansy's younger sister is working as a Gym Leader but is told that she's not there when he asks about it. Luckily, there happens to be another Pokemon Gym right there in Miare City, so Satoshi heads to the Prism Tower where this other gym is supposed to be located. However, he's turned away at the entrance for not having any Gym Badges!"

Weird, I thought that Clemont would be the Gym Leader of the area north with all the electrical equipment and hi-tech stuff, not of Lumiose.

Even weirder because while I thought he'd be Electric (with Dedenne supporting this), according to WPM's rumors, Gym #2 is Fairy, and looking at the map it seems that'd be Lumiose, so I guess we should've looked at Dedenne's other type...

But this is honestly shaping up to be the best opening to a new season yet, lots of interesting stuff going on. Also Ash reminds me of Luffy in the flashback.

Weird, I thought that Clemont would be the Gym Leader of the area north with all the electrical equipment and hi-tech stuff, not of Lumiose.
It makes a lot of sense.

Lumiose is seemingly based on Paris, the city of lights - same huge tower as well. The name of the city (all versions of this city's name but Japanese) means 'illuminated'. It fits the whole electric theme. And quite honestly, Clemont fits the electric type much more than the Fairy type. :p

Oh yeah, let's not forget that his gym badge is yellow.

I just watched the preview, and I'm currently squealing in excitement, Satoshi looks so fucking badass confronting Gablias (or however the hell you romanize that). My roommate found it amusing. I can't wait :D :D :D It's been so long since I've been this excited about a Pokémon update. I'm more excited about it than the games hahahahaa.

Even weirder because while I thought he'd be Electric (with Dedenne supporting this), according to WPM's rumors, Gym #2 is Fairy, and looking at the map it seems that'd be Lumiose, so I guess we should've looked at Dedenne's other type...

But this is honestly shaping up to be the best opening to a new season yet, lots of interesting stuff going on. Also Ash reminds me of Luffy in the flashback.

clemont is electric -- an official spanish magazine confirmed it, if he's electric or fairy you'd go with electric from his looks, and even before all of that, a voice actor who auditioned for the english role said months back that clemont was an electric gym leader. that stuff i think holds more weight that the order given by the PB rumors -- which i do believe are true, but the order can be affected by anything, not just the way the map looks.

It makes a lot of sense.

Lumiose is seemingly based on Paris, the city of lights - same huge tower as well. The name of the city (all versions of this city's name but Japanese) means 'illuminated'. It fits the whole electric theme. And quite honestly, Clemont fits the electric type much more than the Fairy type. :p

Oh yeah, let's not forget that his gym badge is yellow.

plus all of that.

anyway, i wonder if ash falling is him being booted from the gym, and if so, wow, that's really rude.

Sounds like an interesting start, although I wonder what would happen had Ash said he had 44 badges from other places.

Looks like Clemont is the Lumiose Gym Leader.
I was confused at first too, heh. It merely says Viola is not there, meaning 'she's currently not at her gym in Santalune', but Ash is lucky to find out Lumiose also has a gym.

I noticed that the news helicopters have the letters "MTV" ("Miare TV," I'm guessing) on their side. Wonder if the dub will change them.

I noticed that the news helicopters have the letters "MTV" ("Miare TV," I'm guessing) on their side. Wonder if the dub will change them.

Possibly.

Still better than the real MTV!

This looks like it could be a really good pair of episodes. Extra background on Satoshi is of course always welcome. Is that Yukki Kaji voicing Clemont?

MTV you say OH MY GOOD RUN FOOLS RUN before they catch you with stupid programs

Ejem back on topic

Its the garchomp think hapening in this episode I know its one hour but too much stuff

I keep wanting to dance along to that song towards the end of the trailer. This is looking to be pretty awesome so far and I'm veryy excited!

XY001: "We've Arrived In The Kalos Region! Dreams and Adventures Begin!!"
XY002:
"Mega Evolution and Prism Tower!"

Glad to see Mega Evolution is playing a role right from the start.

That is either referring to Blaziken or Garchomp. I'm leaning towards Garchomp though.

Froakie see Garchomp going cray cray and tries to battle him getting hurt in the process. Ash see it and uses Pikachu to distract it. Garchomp runs off and Ash goes to take Froakie to the pokemon center, however Froakie refuses and wants to stop Garchomp so they give chase. Que to Garchomp mega evolving(maybe) and the mysterious trainer stepping in and beating Garchomp while Ash falls off the roof or whatever lol.

テレビアニメ『ポケットモンスター XY』の新情報ぞくぞく! キービジュアルや、旅の仲間も公開だ! |ポケットモンスターオフィシャルサイト
5cTtK87.jpg

06nxYSp.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom