• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

XY Data Broadcast discussion thread

The same goes for May in Diamond and Pearl, with her Glaceon, Venusaur, and Wartortle. The idea the dub gave is that it just evolved off screen, like practically every rival's pokemon. The only difference is Japan saw the evolution, everyone else didn't.
When did they see that?

As for the Serena stuff, I back the idea that it's a tripokalon loss, training and then filler. I don't think there's a chance in hell of the master class being at this point in the series.

I honestly could see Serena winning her 3rd princess key soon and having the master class being held a few episodes before the Kalos League begins. We know also that we have that clip of Palmero talking with Serena. Some people I think have said she was scolding her? If anything, it may happen next week since we know Palmero is in XYZ104

When did they see that?

They were talking about how Dawn's Quilava appearing in the dub confused audiences, I was saying the dub just gave the idea it evolved off screen so it shouldn't have been confusing. The same goes for May and her Venusaur, Eevee, and Wartortle since they all evolved off screen?

They were talking about how Dawn's Quilava appearing in the dub confused audiences, I was saying the dub just gave the idea it evolved off screen so it shouldn't have been confusing. The same goes for May and her Venusaur, Eevee, and Wartortle since they all evolved off screen?
May's Eevee was shown and mentioned that it evolved through two pictures of a flashback and that's it. The other Pokemon just evolved off screen.

I don't know about May's Pokemon (sans Eevee, since I now remember a flashback showing it touch the Ice Rock to evolve), but Dawn's Quilava evolved back in a special for her when she left Ash and Brock, right?

^ Yep.

Why TPCI never dubbed it (along with other specials starring former Ash-tachii members) I'll NEVER understand...(n)

Last edited:
For some reason May never got any specials after she left the show, so we didn't see her pokemon evolve when she returned in DP.

With the title reveal about the Dragonair episode being a Showcase episode, I'm wondering if XY111-113 are about the Master Class tournament...

NEW DATA BROADCAST:

XY114: Pikachu
XY115: Doublade
XY116: Avalugg
XY117: Snorlax
XY118: Abomasnow
XY119: Carbink
XY120: Pancham
XY121: Charizard

Hyped for Charizard....Ash's Charizard returns...maybe..??

Edit: Also, in the episode where we have a shiny Phantump, and the episode in which Diantha is reappearing, we have Avalugg and Snorlax......what the hell is happening....maybe this the episode where we finally see Ash contacting Oak, and calling in for Charizard, where Snorlax is creating some problem......also i am thinking that if they contact Oak, it will be after his battle with Diantha....

Last edited:
XY114: We already know what this episode is.
XY115: Looks like Sawyer's Honedge evolved.
XY116: I think this is going to be Wulfric's intro, as Avalugg is the featured Pokemon in the data broadcast.
XY117: Snorlax? Why? What is Snorlax going to be doing in the Diantha episode?
XY118: THE SNOWBELLE GYM AT LAST!!! Can they top Ash's battle with Olympia?
XY119: Can't really say much.
XY120: Obviously an episode dedicated to Pancham. I'm hoping this episode will be loaded with Pancham and Chespin antics.
XY121: Either this episode will feature Alain again and his OP as fuck Charizard....Or Ash is going to bring back his Charizard and show Alain who's boss!

-Snorlax Episode is likely the Pokempn Village ep, there was a second Snorlax under the tree iirc, with the episode before being just the woods.
-Charizard, HMMMMMM. While it could be Alain's, him popping up 6 episodes later, juat after the gym is a bit out there.

I am guessing that XY121 most likely features an option nobody has mentioned yet: Trevor makes an appearance, and we learn his Charmeleon has evolved into Charizard. Although I would love to see Ash's Charizard again, I think it is a bit overpowered to just give him a strong pokemon like that before the league. And, as another post mentioned, Alain is already slated for XY115, so they most likely would not have him appear again.

Just a side note- I think there is a good probability that we will get our exposure of Mega Charizard Y from Trevor's Charizard, and, sadly, we will not see Ash have a Mega Charizard Y, at least not in this league...

I don't know why people think XY121 can't have Alain's Charizard? XY105 and XY106 both included Alain's Charizard.
It would ONLY make sense if it was a Team Flare related episode. Otherwise it would be pointless for it to be Alain's Charizard in an otherwise Ash and company focused episode. Especially since we haven't seen Trevor in awhile.

I suppose this episode COULD be about Alain bonding with Ash and Company and Alain explaining the history of his Charizard but that would be a weird unnecessary episode, unless Ash also mentioned his Charizard.

It should be the start of the Team Flare climax. They've been putting it off since February.

Plus, if Complete Forme is supposed to have some (probably) minimal role in the movie as merchandise would suggest, then Z2 needs to be freed from Team Flare by July.

-Yes! I knew Sawyer was coming with Doublade, prepare for OP Aegislash at the league.
-Yay! the 8th and final gym is coming, maybe we'll get an ep. at the Pokémon village.
-OMG! Charizard!? I hope it's Ash's, maybe Alan gives him a mega stone.

HYPED for what's next in the upcoming months. :D

...It could be Trevor's Charizard for all we know. Maybe Trevor will appear in that episode. I think the probability of Ash's Charizard coming is quite low since, if they were to show it off, then they would have a lot of promotional preview and such.

...It could be Trevor's Charizard for all we know. Maybe Trevor will appear in that episode. I think the probability of Ash's Charizard coming is quite low since, if they were to show it off, then they would have a lot of promotional preview and such.
Except Ash's Charizard wasn't hyped in Best Wishes.

Let me be clear, having the original serebii thread open of the episode.

1. All we knew at the time was Charizard was in the opening, it APPEARED like it could've been Ash's but was not confirmation.
2. Title and first summary never gave ANY sort of hint that it was going to be Ash's Charizard and some were speculating it could be someone else's other than Ash but people were speculating it was Ash's as well. Still speculation and opening is not proof.

Now I can't say if any other thread at the time posted proof BUT it was approximately 12 days after the title and first summaries reveal before we got official confirmation that Ash's Charizard was going to appear in the anime.

The thread was made on January 31st, it wasn't until February 12, when a scan showed Ash's Charizard confirming it as true.

Yes LOGIC at the time did state that it was obviously Ash's Charizard but there was no 110% proof until then.

We don't even have a title or a summary, and we're technically not supposed to even have the data broadcast Pokemon.

On top of that this specific episode falls out of range of spoilers that would be in the opening, so the lack of Charizard means nothing unless they completely update it after the gym battle with Wulfric and there's still no Charizard.

Except Ash's Charizard wasn't hyped in Best Wishes.

Let me be clear, having the original serebii thread open of the episode.

1. All we knew at the time was Charizard was in the opening, it APPEARED like it could've been Ash's but was not confirmation.
2. Title and first summary never gave ANY sort of hint that it was going to be Ash's Charizard and some were speculating it could be someone else's other than Ash but people were speculating it was Ash's as well. Still speculation and opening is not proof.

Now I can't say if any other thread at the time posted proof BUT it was approximately 12 days after the title and first summaries reveal before we got official confirmation that Ash's Charizard was going to appear in the anime.

The thread was made on January 31st, it wasn't until February 12, when a scan showed Ash's Charizard confirming it as true.

Yes LOGIC at the time did state that it was obviously Ash's Charizard but there was no 110% proof until then.

We don't even have a title or a summary, and we're technically not supposed to even have the data broadcast Pokemon.

On top of that this specific episode falls out of range of spoilers that would be in the opening, so the lack of Charizard means nothing unless they completely update it after the gym battle with Wulfric and there's still no Charizard.

True.

But, if they were to bring back Ash's Charizard, the question is why? The Ash vs. Alain arc is centered around Ash's Greninja vs Alain's Charizard, thus bringing back Ash's Charizard is really unnecessary. If they want to promote Mega Charizard Y, then they could use someone else's Charizard like Trevor, or a random COTD.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom