• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XYS01: The Strongest Mega Evolution ~Act I~

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sure hope each and every Mega gets a chance to compete in this. I also think a Round-robin would be awesome, where each Mega Evolution can get a chance to face each other. Charizard X vs Charizard Y at some point would definitely be a sight to see :-D.

I hope Mega Gengar would win the entire competition, since I like that Mega the best.

I suspect this is where Diantha will be introduced. A Mega Evolution tournament seems really fun. I wonder why it's split into acts. Have they done this before?

If you already follow the meta game you should already know by now its Mega Kangiskhan.
No, it's Mega Blaziken. :p

Mega Aggron should win -> Steven Stone -> Hoenn Confirmed.

But seriously, I don't want Mega Kangaskhan or Mega Gengar to win. ANY ONE but these two. Even Mega Garchomp would be better.

And yet blaziken was banned first for being too OP. Parental bond also seems to be a mechanic that works better ingame than the anime.

You guys are totally wrong. Mega-Ampharos will win due to that glorious mane of hair.

I suspect this is where Diantha will be introduced. A Mega Evolution tournament seems really fun. I wonder why it's split into acts. Have they done this before?

I think they kinda did with Origins and those PMD shorts for the last game.

Thing is if it will be two acts or three, maybe even four.

Though I'm fairly surprised they're giving Mega-Evolutions their own mini-series and not just saving them up for big (and even not so big) events in the Show.
Though to be fair, there are a lot of mega-evos and might not could've fit all of them in, at least not naturally. Of course, the producers have NO problem shoe-horning stuff in unnaturally (just ask Homika and Marlon)

Could this be the episode in which Diantha Mega Evolves her Gardevoir?

I don't think so because one preview showed Diantha battling Team Rocket, unless Ash & co + TR appear in this special?

This sounds....somewhat boring to me. Unless there's an interesting plot before it, I'm not really into a long tournament of mindless battling. I'd love to see the mega evolutions in action, but for a purpose. Hopefully someone other than Charizard or Mewtwo will be the victor, allowing time for a Pokemon with less screentime to shine for once.

I don't think so because one preview showed Diantha battling Team Rocket, unless Ash & co + TR appear in this special?

Now there's an interesting question, as the Specials are usually 100% Ash-tachi free. If them and TRio show up here, it may as well be a mulit-episode story instead of a Special/mini-series. Though it could be like with the Legend of Thunder special where elements from this are used in the show later :-/

Come to think of it, are we sure this is taking place in the same world as the Show, or an alternate universe ala Origins and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon :confused:

I completely agree with what Tsutarja had to say. I mean, kick-ass Pokémon battling it out in beautiful XY animation for half an hour? Sign me up!

If you couldn't tell, having no plot doesn't really bother me. I feel like if it had a plot, it would just be some recycled, overused theme about teamwork and helping out Pokémon that we see in every episode. I'd much rather have 30 minutes of entertaining battles.

And I don't know why, but I for some reason when I think about this, I see all of Ash's ex-companions and rivals using their Mega Pokémon to battle each other. I'm a sucker for nostalgia, so if something like this happened (which it has almost no chance of) I'd be extremely pumped.

Given that XY is making their stock footage less blatant with different backgrounds and more interesting battles strategy-wise, I think a Mega Evolution tournament is something to be really excited about. I'm personally hoping it's something that Satoshi & co just happen to hear about/see on TV in a PokéCenter if the special(?) has to be connected to the main series. No old Mewtwo, no old Charizard, etc.

Seeing Hiroshi with a Mega Lizardon Y would be awesome, more so if this renewed his rivalry with Satoshi.

Gary with Mega Blastoise, and May or Harrison and the Mega Blaziken would be great to see in this special with those Megas. Cynthia with Mega Garchomp, and Ritchie with Mega Charizard Y would be cool as well.

It would be great if most in the tournament were returning characters just for the special.

Gary with Mega Blastoise, and May or Harrison and the Mega Blaziken would be great to see in this special with those Megas. Cynthia with Mega Garchomp, and Ritchie with Mega Charizard Y would be cool as well.

It would be great if most in the tournament were returning characters just for the special.

Ya, this really would be the ideal scenario. Plus May could debut Mega Venusaur :).

Hate to be a kill joy but how could it possibly make canonical sense for characters like May, Gary and Harrison to suddenly show up in the same place with the ability to mega evolve their Pokémon?

Hate to be a kill joy but how could it possibly make canonical sense for characters like May, Gary and Harrison to suddenly show up in the same place with the ability to mega evolve their Pokémon?
It could make sense since we have no idea what they've been up to lately. But it would be contrived, although this special is bound to feel that way regardless.

I really don't see the point of May mastering Mega Evolution, especially before Ash does. Contests are not about brute force, and Mega Blaziken already belongs to a recurring character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom