• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XYS01: The Strongest Mega Evolution ~Act I~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate to be a kill joy but how could it possibly make canonical sense for characters like May, Gary and Harrison to suddenly show up in the same place with the ability to mega evolve their Pokémon?

PFFFT! As if the producers have ever cared about that! :p

Last edited:
Canonically assuming this special is taking place in same universe and timeline as story of main series does, than i could see some of older characters participating in tournament regardless of Ash being present in it or not(more likely later option).

May could be debuting Mega Venusaur or Mega Blaziken and granted while that wouldn't be perhaps that much beneficial for coordinator, on other hand learning to unlock full power of her pokemon could make her learn to develop new, more effective techniques for future battle rounds. Giving her an edge over opponents. Afterall May contest style was always to extent similar to how regular trainers battle taking abit more rough, sttategic approach.

Though not gonna lie trainers like Harrison entering tournament to promote mega Blaziken would make a lot more sense, given he is trainer competing in leagues for who mastering mega upgrade would be of immense help for future feats.

Misty is viable candidate too. She is trainer and gym leader, focused more on brute force and how to outplay opponent through skill countering his moves. She strives to become water pokemon master, idolize E4 Lorelei wishing to reach such power creep some day and for her entering tournament full of mega evolutions and trainers would be valuable experience and way to make step forward. By mastering this evolution through Mega Gyarados learning how to unlock its secrets and full potential(which is expected from top class trainers).

Gary eh isn't so much in battling nowadays. But he still showed to posess impressive skills, lot of knowledge and smart use of attacks. He definitely has options from potential mega Scizor, Mega Blastoise or even Mega Akakazam(actually that would be very unorthodox and cool). With battling in tournament arguably helping his career of being researcher discovering merchanisms responsible for awakening such power in pokemon and what requirements need to be set in order to achieve this. Learning about it through battling and observing others.

In reality i would welcome all of them appearing and having chance to take their 5 minutes iof glory making this special much more exciting and enjoyable in that case. While giving us way to get some info and update on our favorites seeing them interact and add extra flavor through interesting characterization.

Even if plot doesn't end to be something extraordinary , fact that we haven't seen some good action packed tournament full of enjoyable battles, cool techniques and various strategies coming from trainers in trying to outsmart opponent in long while makes it all that more worthwhile in my opinion. Being open for very good battles, chance to see trainers and pokemon in spectacular fights and maybe shed more light on how mega evolutions truly work.

I always wandered if its even possible to have pokemon mega evolve without special items like mega ring, mega glove etc. Something like igniting in them primordial strength trigerring it without devices which serve as medium. For every rule there exists exception, though that could be me just overanalyzing it. :-D

Though let's not get our hopes too high, folks.

As much as I'd LOVE for some old characters to come back under the banner of mega-evolving their Pokémon, chances are that the producers will take the lazy easy route (as usual) and use Gen 6 and XY characters...

I always wandered if its even possible to have pokemon mega evolve without special items like mega ring, mega glove etc. Something like igniting in them primordial strength trigerring it without devices which serve as medium. For every rule there exists exception, though that could be me just overanalyzing it. :-D

Heck, we just had that with She-two! ;-)

Last edited:
www.dotup.org4928869.jpg

Mega Charizard X is the main Pokemon character of the Special.

So much for Mega Evolution feeling special if some random character gets to be the star. We've seen Mega Charizard X get promoted with Red, and it was far more effective than this special. Maybe this is the introduction of Ash's future rival, but it's awkward at best.

I'm very curious about this new character... if it really is Ash's new rival (although who knows, I could already see Ash having no real rival this series just like AG) then I guess this pretty much confirm a future Mega Charizard battle between them, with Ash's one getting the Y mega
Still curious about Mewtwo's role in this too (also since it seems to be a battle tournament, are we supposed to expect that Mewtwo to be actually OWNED by someone? oh god... the more they do with Mewtwo the worse it gets)

While I'm still very excited for a special where Mega Evolutions battle it out.............. did they really have to make Mega Charizard X the star AGAIN? I mean it already saved the day in Origins (which was also unneeded imo). This just reeks of blatant fanservice, seeing how Charizard is a hugely popular Pokémon.

A pity, there are plenty of other good Megas that could have been the main Mega.

While I'm still very excited for a special where Mega Evolutions battle it out.............. did they really have to make Mega Charizard X the star AGAIN? I mean it already saved the day in Origins (which was also unneeded imo). This just reeks of blatant fanservice, seeing how Charizard is a hugely popular Pokémon.

A pity, there are plenty of other good Megas that could have been the main Mega.

THEY COULD HAVE DONE SOMETHING OTHER Than the ALMIGHTY FANFAVORITE Charizard, WHY Not like Oh I Don't Know, Mega Heracross or Mega Blastoise maybe?

Oh joy, more MegaCharizard X. I know it's popular, but I was hoping they'd focus on the other Megas, not one that has been advertised extensively in the anime already.

Anyway, I'm more interested in the unknown protagonist, more then likely he owns X but hopefully he'll be an interesting character.

Interesting choice since this Mega was already advertised in Origins.
But maybe, if this character really ends up being a rival, they could give Ash's Charizard the Y variant and make them eventually clash. That would probably be the most effective way to exploit his popularity, but I don't care because it would be awesome.

Yes, writers, we know Charizard is pretty popular, but if you were going to use Mega-him, couldn't it be the Y Mega? X already was shown in Origins. WHY *X* again? And what the fuck, Mega-Absol again too? The damn thing is already getting a cameo in the upcoming movie. :| Unleeeeeeeess, this special is connected to the movie in some way...

Reusing Megas aside, this looks promising. I'll just have my bar set low just in case.

Yay, random COTD as the protagonist. Because the writers don't have a wide library of actually relevant and recognizeable characters people would love to see portrayed in animation available to them.

Anyways~

I personally don't mind MegaCharizard X being the main Pokemon in this that much. It makes sense they'd go for a "cool and popular" Pokemon to draw attention. I just hope this means we won't be seeing much of it in the general anime. Would be kind of overkill with promoting it. Let Y have a shot to shine.

O.K., now this looks amazing. It's cool that Zumi/Siebold appearing, since the Shitenno never really get much focus in the regular anime. And the designs for the non-game characters look fantastic.

Seems like a must-see. (though I would've liked to see a different Mega used by the main character, even the Y version of Charizard). I do like how the Mega stone is held by the Pokemon. I also wonder if this character will also meet Korrina. I mean it seems mandatory for her to appear in a special for Mega Evolutions, probably in act 2.

All I see are complaints with no substantial solutions or alternatives. What the hell do you guys expect. Out of all the Mega Evolutions, Charizard is one of the few that is, I guess you could call it anime-hero-boy-companion-"don't give up!"-can fly too-ish. This show is targeted to a young demographic. That means little boys and girls (mainly boys). Do you think views would be higher with lets say a Mega Heracross attempting to blast things with rocks or seeds? Or a Mega Manetric with an overgrown coat zapping and burning things to death? I for one cannot picture a series where the main character walks around with a Mega Venusaur all day, or a Banette. Garchomp would be cool if it didn't have sickles for hands.

Charizard at this point is the best candidate. It is a well known Pokemon that appeals to most young boys imaginations. Not to mention the writers can have it do a vast array of things with its wide moveset. Causing earthquakes? Throwing wind blades? Harnessing the power of sunlight? A plethora of fire techniques? Usuage of tail as a weapon? Flight based techniques? Physical moves from breaking bricks to slashing with powered up claws? All can be done with Charizard X.

Charizard Y is more special based, thin and aerodynamic; it doesn't radiate the even physical and special capabilities that X does, anime speaking.

Unless you can think of an alternate that would be just as popular and successful as Charizard in this regard (not appealing to the desires of older fans on this forum),then be my guest and voice your reason.

If not, then stop complaining and be appreciative that the writers are apparently going to include every current Mega(as it is the protagonists desire to defeat each one) and that one way or another you will see it battle.

According to the TV Tokyo website, Alan studied Mega Evolution under Professor Sycamore. Manon is a beginning trainer whose starter is a Chespin; he is apparently traveling with Alan. I find it funny that Manon looks closer in age to Bonnie than to Ash or Serena.

If Alan wins against Siebold, which he probably will, then I definitely don't see him participating in the Kalos League. I'd think he would have already won it by now.

If not, then stop complaining and be appreciative that the writers are apparently going to include every current Mega(as it is the protagonists desire to defeat each one) and that one way or another you will see it battle.
The poster and cast list indicate that Alan will only face three Mega Evolutions in Act I: Garchomp (belonging to Louis), Absol (Ayaka) and Blastoise (Siebold). The other Mega Evolutions will probably only be seen briefly, since this special has the same length as a regular episode.

At this rate, there would have to be around 10 episodes in order to properly showcase all Mega Evolutions through Alan's battles. Not very likely.

Last edited:
If Alan wins against Siebold, which he probably will, then I definitely don't see him participating in the Kalos League. I'd think he would have already won it by now.

The poster and cast list indicate that Alan will only face three Mega Evolutions in Act I: Garchomp (belonging to Louis), Absol (Ayaka) and Blastoise (Siebold). The other Mega Evolutions will probably only be seen briefly, since this special has the same length as a regular episode.

At this rate, there would have to be around 10 episodes in order to properly showcase all Mega Evolutions through Alan's battles. Not very likely.

Well I did say apparently so it isn't like I wholly believe that they would exhibit every Mega. Besides, the rest of them being shown is what the mainstream anime could potentially be for. Or who knows. They may suffer the fate of Porygon2 and PorygonZ (which I doubt).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom