• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XYS01: The Strongest Mega Evolution ~Act I~

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I see are complaints with no substantial solutions or alternatives. What the hell do you guys expect. Out of all the Mega Evolutions, Charizard is one of the few that is, I guess you could call it anime-hero-boy-companion-"don't give up!"-can fly too-ish. This show is targeted to a young demographic. That means little boys and girls (mainly boys). Do you think views would be higher with lets say a Mega Heracross attempting to blast things with rocks or seeds? Or a Mega Manetric with an overgrown coat zapping and burning things to death? I for one cannot picture a series where the main character walks around with a Mega Venusaur all day, or a Banette. Garchomp would be cool if it didn't have sickles for hands.

Charizard at this point is the best candidate. It is a well known Pokemon that appeals to most young boys imaginations. Not to mention the writers can have it do a vast array of things with its wide moveset. Causing earthquakes? Throwing wind blades? Harnessing the power of sunlight? A plethora of fire techniques? Usuage of tail as a weapon? Flight based techniques? Physical moves from breaking bricks to slashing with powered up claws? All can be done with Charizard X.

Charizard Y is more special based, thin and aerodynamic; it doesn't radiate the even physical and special capabilities that X does, anime speaking.

Unless you can think of an alternate that would be just as popular and successful as Charizard in this regard (not appealing to the desires of older fans on this forum),then be my guest and voice your reason.

If not, then stop complaining and be appreciative that the writers are apparently going to include every current Mega(as it is the protagonists desire to defeat each one) and that one way or another you will see it battle.

Peopple here are discussing how to make a good series and making a good series is not overuse a single pokemon(Charizard)just because it has a good design.
As for ideas for other main Megas:

*Mega Pinsir: The thing can fly, it has bigass horns, it can take things down with cool physical moves it can use flight based strategies and it is not overused. Would work great.

*Mega Blastoise: The design is better than that of Charizard and Blastoise is almost as well-known. Which ten year old boy does not like a big turtle with big cannons everywhere? It can use both special and physical moves and blast foes apart with those cannons. Good choice.

*Mega Abomasnow: The coolest Mega-design, can use physical and special moves, can summon snowstorms as well as heal itself with Grass type moves. Can be great.

*Mega Heracross: That nose...

You get my point? Charizard is a stupid choice and there is many others who would be great. This is pure overglorifying and overusing a cool pokemon which is already overused.

Yeah but I'm sorry. I just don't see them writing a series of specials based on Mega Heracross, Pinsir, and Blastoise. Pinsir looks down right demonic and ugly, Heracross looks too sluggish, and Blastoise is already owned by Siebold.

Anymore candidates?

Sure. But you missed the Abomasnow.

*Lucario: Do I need to explain this one? But Korrina will probably have it.

*Blaziken: It looks badass. It has these flaming whip things from its arms. It is fast, powerul, canuse physical and special.

There you had some good candidates. And why not trie something new? Pinsir may be ugly but who knows, it might get popular. Or let Alan fight megas with usual pokemons. Anything is better than Zard right now. Except for Pikachu.

Abomasnow falls in the same category as Heracross in terms of being slow, big, bulky, and a moveset that will most likely consist of two types of moves. Besides no one wants to see a battle where Snow Warning is whipped up 24/7 or battles in which its Ability is ignored (yet again).

Lucario is overused: Maylene, Riley, Cameron, and soon to be Korrina who will undoubtedly Mega-Evolve it. So that's an unlikely no there too.

I can see Blaziken. I actually agree with that. It kicking or punching things in the face (a la Ash's Monferno) would be pretty epic, with the occasional fire.
Just want to point out that Charizard is just as overused as the Lucario.
Mega Ampharos could work.

So it seems that the special is going the same way with the actual XY series, where the Pokemon wear their mega stone on them in a necklace or bracelet etc. Pretty good way to handle that considering Origins made it look like Charizard swallowed it.

And overused or not, it would of made sense to use Lucario as the main, given the fact that it was the first Mega Evolution ever, and I'm sure that it will be explained in one of the later acts.

If Iwane wasn't working on this special it would probably suck major ass. But now that he is... it looks friggin' amazing.

In expectancy of this special i want to say that whatever happens im mostly excited to see how well mega evolutions like Blaziken, Blastoise, Venusaur
, Heracross etc are going to be featured in anime. Reveal abit more info on background behind this concept, what prerequisites there needs to be met to even invoke such massive boost in pokemon power, speed and agility. But also to see just some action packed battles ful of raw power, clever strategy and unexpected twists in somesort of massive tournament perhaps in part 2 of mega evolution special?

New trainer Alan seems promising with his background with prof. Sycamore studying about mega evolutions adding to his mystery he currently holds as character. So his goal apparently involves defeating every mega evolution masteriog its secrets? Seem like simple, yet challenging quest requiring lot of work and effort in accomplishing such thing.

Im especially interested in upcoming battle with his mega Charizard against mega Blastoise owned by E4 member Siebold. Seeing E4 members in action is always welcomed and hopefully Siebold will get proper debut in main series too(one of my favorite E4 members and quite unique in sense of being first E4 of water pokemon in history).

Alan debut in this special and promotion of mega Charizard X could also hint his appearance in XY series at some point ,leading to challenging Ash and his own Charizard which could be used for promotion of alternate Y form.

Charizard may be overused, but all out battle between two forms in their mega condition almost surely guarantees epic fight packed with suspense.

In other news design wise, going by pose and aura ace trainer Ayaka radiates with posessing mega Absol makes for good character. Not to mention good way to get some info on her personality, ambitions and past. Prior to debut in movie. Wished she became Ash first proper female rival. Female rival which is actually calculated, smart, abit conceited and smirky playing on Ash weakness. Like maybe Katie from Hoenn league but that wont happen.

Seeing new alternate mega form of Mewtwo would be pretty cool too, though i think whole introduction of another one in same universe was bad to begin with muddling in ground legacy and uniqueness original Metwo left behind itself as supposed to be only member of this specie. But past cannot be rewritten, although i would like to see original one in action in here showing if he mastered art of mega transformation(in my dreams maybe).

In other news my hopes of some familiar faces rather being used instead taking advantage of their popularity and new potential through which they could be relevant again like Misty,May or Gary diffused.
Shame because it would been very interesting and refreshing to see some of them used for mega promotion impacting on story with unexpected return.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom