• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

XY Travelog!

Zeb

what is your spaghetti policy here?
Reaction score
Many extremely lucky people seem to be receiving their preorder copies a day or two early, as such, in the traditional BMGf style, this will be a travelog thread for you to document your experiences playing the game, your journey, what your team is etc. (Basically just a walkthrough of your adventure.)

So when you start playing your game, feel free to let us all know about your journey here!

There are a few rules, however:

• Please post at least two sentences in each post. (Preferably the more the better, but it doesn't need to be an essay - just no one liners.)
  • Please do not post again unless there are three posts since your last post, or twenty-four hours have passed if there are no new posts since your last.
  • Enjoy it! Happy gaming!

First post! I got X today so I'll be starting my save file now. So far I'm in Aquacorde town and I'm soft resetting for an adamant Chespin. Hopefully it wont take too long so I can carry on with the game. Graphics wise, I really like it, the scenery is beautiful and it's great to have running shoes right from the start for a change too.

Ok second post then, I have got my first badge, my Chespin took out Alexa's Vivillon, it was pretty close though :l I also got my second starter from Professor Sycamore, I picked Charmander. Oh and I found PokeRus on my Fletchinder!

You got Fletchinder pretty early then. Couple of questions if you wouldn't mind helping me out

Is there any chance you could update us what wild pokemon you have come across so far? I'm trying to plan a team & knowing what is available early is pretty important for me.
Is there any form of challenge mode from the start or is it one difficulty setting straight up?

You got Fletchinder pretty early then. Couple of questions if you wouldn't mind helping me out

Is there any chance you could update us what wild pokemon you have come across so far? I'm trying to plan a team & knowing what is available early is pretty important for me.
Is there any form of challenge mode from the start or is it one difficulty setting straight up?
Sure, I'll spoiler the findable Pokémon in case there is someone who doesn't want to know.

In the first grass patch I found:
Pidgey, Fletchling, Weedle, Bunnelby, Scatterbug and a Zigzagoon.
Then in the forest I found
Kakuna, Weedle, Caterpie, Pansage, Pansear, Panpour, scatterbug and Pikachu.
After leaving the forest I found a few grass patches that had:
Bidoof, Azurill and Scatterbug.
To the right of the gym is a grassy area accessible before beating the gym, and it contains
Riolu, Dunsparce, Farfetch'd, Psyduck and Litleo.
After beating the first gym leader there are flower patches containing
Flabébé (three different colours available) Ralts and Skitty.
This is all before Lumiose city, which is where I am at now.

And for your second question, no there is only one difficulty, no others are selectable, just like the games before BW2.

-

For some reason the Torchic event is live so I'm going to spend a while resetting for an adamant one, then I'll wander around Lumiose for a bit. (Best city yet, better than Castelia too)

Last edited:
Cheers man, that's a great range so early on. If there is any way you could continue to update as you go it will be greatly appreciated. Seeing as you are also UK based I assume Game shipped yours early? I should be able to download mine about midnight tonight hopefully but you are making me wish I pre-ordered a physical copy rather than the digital one.

I want to know more about Pokémon Amie and what are the special effects that add in battle.

For some reason the Torchic event is live so I'm going to spend a while resetting for an adamant one, then I'll wander around Lumiose for a bit. (Best city yet, better than Castelia too)

Do you have to be anywhere specific or do you just need to be connected up to WiFi? Hope that is still going tonight!

Let's keep this thread clean and use it solely as a Travelog. Please refer all further questions to the Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition) thread. Seeing as many of us will have the game within the next 12 hours, I'm sure most if not all of your questions will be answered.

Thank you, et bonne chance! Can't wait!

I was getting somewhere in Y, but just resetted cause I noticed a typo in my name (wasn't too far thankfully, lol)
So...fresh start, yay!

So, in Aqaucorde, and everyone shall be calling me Kia, apparently xD
Also, just picked my starter. Fennekin of course, and named her Hazel
Stats:
Rg07dRg.jpg

I've got my copy of Pokémon Y earlier today, and so far I've got into Lumiose City, and I've finished battling Professor Sycamore.

My team so far :

Chespin (Kjelle) Lvl 15
Azurill (Plue) Lvl 15
Vivillon (Sidonie) Lvl 14
Zigzagoon (Jonas) Lvl 14
Litleo (Mufasa) Lvl 16
Squirtle (Akim) Lvl 10 (just acquired)

Now my only pet peeve is how I'm going to use this Squirtle, since I'll mostly like have an Azumarill after a good while. I'm liking the Roller upgrade though. Roll, roll, roll !

My latest obtained items are Luxury Balls and TM54 False Swipe. Time to catch many of them. :D

Just beat the first Gym, Viola actually put up a pretty decent fight. I'm just blown away by the attention to detail in everything, and the music is absolutely superb.

My team at the moment is
Chespin Lv11 (Adamant)
Fletchling Lv11 (Jolly)

I also evolved a Vivillon and it had the garden pattern, so it looks like NZ gets the same default pattern as the UK.

I purchased Pokemon X over the Nintendo eShop about three hours ago and have played though Vaniville Town, Route 1, Aquacorde Town, Route 2, Santalune Forest, Route 3 and am soon going to face the Santalune City Gym. I have a team of Chespin, Kakuna, Fletchling (Normal/Flying), Pikachu, Panpour and Pansear. The battles are great and a lot of care has been paid to the move animations. I particularly like Thunder Shock. :)

I really like going in to the game with so much being new/unknown - I did read some of the spoilers, but the minor details when actually playing it is making it a really fun experience up to this point. I've been going eight hours now and only got one Gym badge, but I don't feel like I've been grinding, just going around catching some of the new and unexpected ones around. Getting EXP when you're catching a Pokemon certainly makes it easier to catch more Pokemon, I'd often in the past hold off so I could get all the EXP when my levels were low.

Certainly is weird thinking 'oh I have to catch that' when I first encountered a Pansage, knowing they were a bit rare in BW - then running straight into another one. Likewise, I've got no idea when the Pokemon evolve, what moves they will get - everything is new and it's great.

Likewise, it means I've certainly not got the team I expected I'd have -

Quiladin Lv29 (#TeamChespin)
Pikachu Lv28 (just got a Thunder Stone - just not sure when to evolve it because I can't just look at a moveset table to decide!)
Litleo Lv29
Vespiquen Lv29 (just had to catch a Combee - which was weird when feeding it in Pokemon Amie)
Wartortle Lv28 (surprising lack of water types - though got an Old Rod early-ish and could catch non-Magikarps)
Floette Lv27 (was awesome the first time I knocked out an Axew in one hit with Fairy Wind)

'It’s like my Scatterbug is in the top percentage of Scatterbugs.'

That needed to be said.

The music is superb!

Got to Santalune. From the looks of it, there's no dark gym. Ice 8th gym sounds cool!

Last edited:
I chose Fennekin as my starter and caught a Scatterbug, Bunnelby, and Fletchling soon afterwards. Scatterbug has evolved into High Plains Vivillon and I've beaten Viola. I'm somewhere between Lumiose and Santalune. I'll update when I get a bit farther along.

Just had my Charmeleon, Frogadier and Honedge evolve all at once after after a random battle. It was pretty cool!

Also finally started surfing with my Lapras. I had no clue you actually sit on and see Lapras as you surf! Fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom