• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

XY Travelog!

I collected all of the Pokemon X Mega Stones, and then the remaining Mega Stones that I forgot about in my Pokemon Y game. I finished up EV training after weeks of doing it. I started levelling up my Pokemon to 100 and made it past halfway in the first box of Pokemon that I'm working on so far.

Today's update!

• Using Zeb's info, I decided and take my time to go back to Camphrier Town to pay a visit to the Name Rater. It was really nice to see the beautiful camera angles they used on some of the roads and that I had missed due to mostly stalking the grass in search of Pokémon. While at it, I also used Strength and Cut to get some stuff I had left behind, and went to the town before Lumiose for the sake of buying a new hat. My outfit is still all over the place! That done, I went back to progressing the story.

• On to Route 10! Did my usual routine of examining every nook and cranny, but catching Sigilyph proved to be one huge headache. Thankfully, after throwing quite a few regular Pokéballs and Great Balls, I managed to catch it with a Timer Ball I had lying around. Also, I found a Hawlucha and I think it looks super cool and cute, but sadly I already have too many Fighting AND Flying types in my team, heh.

• Seems like Team Flare is carrying on their plot. What are they up to? With all these stones around, it could be related to Mega Evolution... At any rate, I didn't find what their objective was just now (probably something related to the box Legend, tho), but I did get to fight a Gym Leader out of her Gym, which was sorta cool. She seems to be a bit of a Lucario fangirl... I wonder if she will have a Mega Lucario in her team?

• Come the Route before Reflection Cave, I discover that I might have capped myself too much. Damn Sigilyphs. And Sawks. At least I should get Machoke for the sake of Pokédex completion soon. I'm running into trouble when it comes to capturing 'mons, so making my 6th team member one who can learn a move that inflicts Paralysis or Sleep might not be a bad idea. My 'mons also have low Sp. Defs all across the board, so I might replace Corphish and make sure that the 6th one has good Sp. Def as well to offset this.

• Due to the above, I decided to go with a Dedenne as my 6th team member. It's not amazing, but it seems to fill the disruptive kind of role that I wanted and gives me a chance to have a Fairy-type on my team. I already have a Water-type to replace Corphish in mind, but that will have to wait a little.

• Before going into the Reflection Cave, I finished training Machop and got myself a Machoke that got boxed away for the time being. Naturally, I trained Dedenne up a bit and then went into the cave. All in all, I'm very satisfied with her performance. Sure, the result wouldn't be great against another player, but the AI is easy enough to trick with status effects and stat reducing moves.

Current team:

Lvl. 29 Quilladin (Echessius)
Lvl. 29 Fletchinder (Cinder)
Lvl. 29 Corphish
Lvl. 23 Dedenne (Nickname pending)
Lvl. 26 Pancham (Panji)
Lvl. 26 Tyrunt (Tyria)

Recently I have:

- Beaten the E4 for the 3rd time
- Caught Zygarde, Mewtwo and Moltres
- Collected some of the after game Mega stones
- Gained access to the Boutique Coiture in Lumiose City and my character is now looking very cool.

Around wifi for the day, so ive been doing online stuff all day.

TRADE
Got the X exclusive kalos mons, and im almost done with the kanto dex.

BATTLE
Tried a random wifi matchup using my in game team. That was a mistake. M-Luc killed his Porygon2, then his Talonflame swept.

TRAINING
Got the pokemon gathered up for my Kanto themed team. Now to start IV breeding them...

STATS
Time: 82:13
Dex: seen 405/ caught 224

Been breeding an army of iv bred mons to fool around with at the battle institutes. I don't have an official team per say since I like variety but I always have one of my bred megas in there somewhere I currently have Lucario, Tyranitar, Gardevoir, Mawile and the Kanto starters. They are just great.

-Just finished the foundation for spore puncher and technician breloom. Just need to level them to learn spore.
-Bred an Eevee that will become a magic bouncer Espeon. Training starts tomorrow.
-Have a few other Eevees I just finished training but haven't evolved yet. Gonna evolve them all one after the other while watching Eeveelution based episodes since I probably won't get a chance like this again :).
-Not sure what to breed next. Guess I should go with fighting types now since I only have Lucario and the upcoming brelooms. Might start breeding that iron fist chimchar I got a month or two ago. Though I might try for a strong Reuniclus, shouldn't take long to breed since I only need four stats.
-My wireless is currently down but when it is fixed I might open up something on the trade station for my leftovers. Bank is getting a tad crowded.
-Also farming rare berries. Gotta remember to water them and make more mulch.

I've been currently splitting my time between the Berry Patch, the Battle Maison and the Friend Safari. In the Friend Safari, I'm still looking for a shiny Sawk, as it still continues to elude me. In the Maison I've been storing up Points to buy useful items--trying to get another Ability Capsule and got an Assault Vest--while getting Ribbons for some of my team members. I've also been growing Starf berries in order to ship them out on Wonder Trade Wednesday and since the Daycare's nearby, I'm doing a Masuda run for a shiny Pawniard.

Once I get my shiny Sawk, I may go back and hunt a couple more Golurk. The last one I got was Adamant with Klutz; I'd love to get Adamant with No Guard in order to save me another Masuda search. (I love doing them but slag! Hatching those eggs takes a bit!)

I've been playing a bit of the game again: my first time since December!

Since coming back, I've beaten Wulfric and have entered the elite four building. Victory road was a breeze compared to previous games!

Before any of that, though, I decided to replace my HM slave ryhorn. My other team members were Greninja, Florges, Goodra, Venusaur, and Farfetch'd. I ended up choosing to add litwick, only because it was my highest levelled boxed pokemon without redundant typing. I trained it up to a chandelure of similar levels to the rest of my team before facing Wulfric. It was also a nice little throwback to when I played White, as Litwick was my 6th team member who I added from the box and had to grind then too!

Edit: Oh, and my team's nicknames!

Greninja-Jaco
Florges-Katrina
Venusaur-Toby
Goodra-Keapon
Farfetch'd-Quacklin (given from in-game trade)
Chandelure-Julanar

Last edited:
Today I took down Route 20 and defeated Wulfric to earn the Iceberg badge. All of my party Pokémon are level 80 now except for Meowstic (lvl 79) I will probably lvl for a bit tomorrow then try to take on the Elite 4 once I get to them.

Today I fought my way through Victory Road. I dominated because all my party Pokémon are level 82-84 right now. While I was in Victory Road I caught a Lickitung, Floatzel, Fearow, and a Geodude. It was a very productive day! Tomorrow I should be able to challenge the Elite Four.

Edit: On Tuesday I finally beat the Elite Four and last night I
started in my house and was interrupted by my rival when I went outside. I traded her a Mr. Mime for Froakie. I completely didn't see this coming, and I guess I will have to pick Fenniken on X version so I complete the trifecta (picked Chespin on Y). After this I went to Unknown Dungeon and caught Mewtwo. It was a satisfying battle. I ended up catching Mewtwo with an ultra ball when it was paralysed with about 1 HP left (due to false swipe). Finally I can get rid of Meowstic on my team. I think Meowstic might have been better had I not given it such a horrible moveset.

Last edited:
I finished up all of my team Pokemon level-ups that don't include the ones I'm saving for my final runthrough of X/Y. I started building teams, items, and movesets together for the Battle Maison and International Challenge upcoming. I did some ratings battles, and ended up 2-3 to start with; which I'm surprised I won any. In the Battle Maison, so far the highest I was able to get was 23 in a row. I'm currently doing more Battle Maison runthroughs and trying different Pokemon combinations.

Just found a shiny Scraggy in a horde! 3rd horde shiny ever!

Yesterday I started playing X after I had completed the main storyline in Y version. I chose Froakie as my starter. I caught several mons, including a Ralts that I plan on using for my team. I saved the game after I earned the Bug Badge using only my Froakie. He got to lvl 16 and evolved.

I just beat the E4 and Champion, took the train at Lumiose Station, and am about to have my final rival battle.

Today, I got Pokemon Y. I started with Fennekin, and I beat Viola fairly easily. My team right now is a red Flabebe named Crimson, a male Spewpa named Korimander, and my male Fennekin named Azazael. Now, I'm on my way to Lumiose City. I'm most likely going to choose Charmander out of the starters, even though I'll have repeated fire-types, purely because I've never used Mega Charizard Y before.

Finished the Kalos dex today and got the Oval Charm

Oh boy the amount of iv bred mons I've got in my box almost takes up two boxes now. Most recent additions are mega charizard Y and Pinsir. Currently farming Starf, Lansat and Enigma berries.

Just hatched a Masuda Method shiny for what I'm pretty sure is the first time ever! It's a Dwebble with 5 perfect IVs (only missing Special Defense), Adamant, and Sturdy. I almost didn't notice it because I had the sound off and the coloring is very similar, but I went to double check and sure enough, it was shiny! Today has already been a good day.

I did my final Pokemon X runthrough, which allowed me to finish my final level-ups to 100 for the Pokemon I hadn't finished yet from the first IV-bred group. I have now started IV-breeding Eevee for the Eevee Friendly tournament.

Recently I picked up Y for the first time in at least six months. I left off right before the Lumiose Gym, and as of writing I just beat Wulfric and collected my eighth badge. I enjoyed Winding Woods immensely (although I felt like it and Pokemon Village should have been in Sinnoh instead) and I'm getting ready to head out for Victory Road.

In the meantime I've started planning my post-E4 team. I'm preparing by catching Pokemon I'll need for breeding and farming berries indiscriminately. I don't have a solid plan yet, but as far as Gen 6 Pokmeon I want to use, I'm thinking Gourgeist and Carbink, as well as Aegislash, who is on my team but might need to be re-made. This might be the generation I finally get in to competitive battling, so I want to do it properly.

I'm currently working on a doubles team. I just finished EV training an Amoonguss and I'm fighting the Elite Four over and over to raise it to level 64 so it can learn the moves I want.

I'm currently working on a doubles team. I just finished EV training an Amoonguss and I'm fighting the Elite Four over and over to raise it to level 64 so it can learn the moves I want.
just an F.Y.I, Rotation battles @Le Wow in Lumiose City works better for levelling, and cash flow if you do it in the right #of turns.

As for me, Ive been working on the dex like crazy, managed to go from 280ish to 405 caught in a week, hoping to have it completely done by end of month. Ive already registered the legendaries and most the ones i have to trade-evolve, so it shouldnt be too hard now.

Back
Top Bottom