• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

XY Travelog!

Well, challenged Grant...and was subsequently wrecked :/

It's not that my Pokemon are underleveled, but I really have nothing SE against him. One Rock Tomb takes out my Vivillon, Helioptile is a bit lower leveled and gets taken out easily, Braixen's fire moves don't do much...

My only hope is Floette, but the grass types moves are weak and don't do much. I guess I'll just grind a bit more. Wish I could have Skrelp already :I

Scraggy hordes are the most annoying thing I have seen in this game so far. Imagine 5 pokemon spamming sand attack, low kick, and leer over and over.

Also, I think that if you defeat a wild pokemon holding an item you automatically get that item because I just got a power herb from defeating a pancham.

Last edited:
So I'm playing Pokémon X, and right now I'm currently in Lumiose City, getting ready to battle Clemont. This city is HUGE--I never thought we would ever get a city with more than one Pokémon Center, and yet here I am casually walking around somewhere with three of them. And the amount of cafés in this city is absurd; at one point I entered the same café about three times without realizing it until I exited... even after speaking to all of the NPCs inside each time. @__@;;

My team so far:
Chesnaught (Chestnut, M), Lvl. 38
Meowstic (Discoschtick, M), Lvl. 38
Furfrou (Chouchous, F), Lvl. 40
Amaura (Borealis, M), Lvl. 40
Talonflame (Flameur, M), Lvl. 41
Sylveon (Fairyodd, M), Lvl. 41
Doublade (Kayblader, genderless), Lvl. 42
Hawlucha (Muchalibre, M), Lvl. 41

The two extra characters that Game Freak added for nicknames are super-clutch (I am obsessed with my Meowstic's nickname, haha!). I think I might do a little more training in Restaurant Le Yeah before I take on the Lumiose Gym. I just really want Chestnut & Discoschtick to get to level 40 before I do that.

I'm really surprised at how high-leveled my Pokémon are now, considering that I have eight 'mons in rotation (which I've never done before--first time for everything!) and I haven't even gotten the fifth badge yet. I really appreciate Game Freak doing this. And it feels so natural, too--I didn't even notice how high my Pokémon's levels were until I battled one of those random trainers in the Plaza alleyways and saw that my Pokémon were about 10 levels higher than theirs.

Oh, also: I officially find Trapinch to be the most annoying Pokémon to ever exist. Those damned dugholes on Route 13 are the absolute WORST, and it just so happened I saw Trapinch like 90% of the time when those things would follow me without end. (Not sure what the encounter rate is on this route, but whatever, I think Trapinch sucks now, haha.)

Scraggy hordes are the most annoying thing I have seen in this game so far. Imagine 5 pokemon spamming sand attack, low kick, and leer over and over.
Scraggies were my very first Horde battle . . . and I was SO lucky to have a Keen Eye Pidgey first out.

I also ran into a horde of Hoppip, and it was hilarious. I swapped in my Litleo then proceeded to Ember them one by one while they hit me with all of Tail Whip, Synthesis, and SPLASH. Wow, that was like real intimidating....

Lol, nothing can be worse than a horde of Yanma. Even if you do hit first and manage to take one out, then you have to deal with:
*Yanma's speed boost*
"The wild Yanma's speed increased!"

Over, and over, and over...It's awful :p

I just murdered each and every single Pokémon in the fighting gym with my Doublade and Alakazam! I went online and traded an Eevee I caught for an early Bergmite. Been going around almost every inch of this game so far, not to mention caught almost every single Pokémon available XD
My stats:
Time: 19:13
Central: Seen 90 caught 50
Coastal: Seen 72 caught 47
Total: Seen 162 caught 97

My Team Now:
Bergmite lv 34
Charizard lv 40
Doublade lv 39
Alakazam lv 39
Greninja lv 40
Nidoking lv 32

I just encountered a horde with 4 zangoose and 1 seviper where all of the zangoose ganged up on the seviper, the seviper bit another zangoose and made it flinch while Rob (my fletchinder) picked them off one by one without taking a single hit. It was hilarious.

I got the game this morning, and I JUST got my Kanto starter. While level grinding on route 5, I ran into a shiny Furfrou and succeeded in catching it. This seems to be a sign that the rest of my adventure shall be a great one.

I'm near the eighth gym and finally got a Trevenant using the Honey I got from Trevor. Also the final bout with Team Flare was kinda anti-climactic for me, but teaching Lysandre a lesson with Xerneas was real fun.

Did some more playing today and got to Parfum Palace before having to stop. I'm still at this point unsure of what team I really should focus on raising, so my team for the most part has been a bit of a bland selection for the most part. As of now, everyone's around level 16 - 18.

Team currently is,
Quilladin
Bunnelby
Vivillion
Farfetch'd
Furfrou
Ralts (which I'm not really using...)

I should probably think about dumping some of them soon in favor of others. Also received Bulbasaur from Sycamore, though I decided to put it into my PC, as much as I do love Bulbasaur and all...

Currently in Route 7, doing some level grinding.

Pidgeotto, Level 23
Floette, Level 19
Fletchinder, Level 22
Pikachu (with a Light Ball), Level 21
Frogadier, Level 22
Ivysaur (Female), Level 22

I was intending to keep my team as is for a while, maybe even the whole game, but then this happened and is making me second guess my options.

1374808_10202240180192824_534024910_n.jpg

I could deal with a Surfer and a Waterfaller, maybe.

I just beat the champion so I'll give you guys my thoughts

Team
Blaziken 78
Gengar 76
Greninja 71
Tyrantrum 70
Gogoat 70
Hawlucha 70

The exp share is ridiculous this generation. As you can see my levels are extremely high for beating the champion a first time. I did not spend any time grinding in this playthrough and I still almost had a level 80 pokemon.

There is an incredible diversity of pokemon in Kalos. In total, I have encountered 311 pokemon after beating the champion. In most games early on you have a starter and maybe one of the early normal types or birds. By the second gym I literally had encountered over 100 pokemon. There amount of viable options for your team in this game can be pretty overwhelming.

I didn't really like team flare. They just didn't grab my attention like team plasma or team galactic did. But I did like the story about the ancient king and the war. The ending of the game with AZ reuniting with his long lost pokemon was very touching too.

All in all I found the game to be excellent and really enjoyed playing through it. Now its time to collect the rest of the mega stones.

Im stuck on Rt 8 right now. I kind of am impatient and want to reach the second gym. Its taking a really long time. Ive switched out some party members after receiving 2 eggs from another user online, which were Phantump and Noibat. Some of my Pokemon are a bit overleveled and I may have to box them again to let the others catch up( Braixen and Fletchinder) The Exp share is making things uneven and Im having a hard time with that :/

Team:
Phantump{Phantasma): Lv 20
Fletchinder(Flarrow) Lv 25
Vivillon Lv 24
Braixen Lv 25
Floette Lv 19
Noibat Lv 17

Just got to Shalour. As usual, gonna explore around and such before challenging Korrina. Hoping the good rod pops up soon too, really wanting a Skrelp. Pumpkaboo too, but I guess you don't find it until later.

Current team
Delphox - 36
Floette - 34
Helioptile - 32
Vivillon -35

I've been able to play for only about 3 hours. Been at the beach since Saturday and didn't take a charger with me. So far my team consist of

Quilladin (Chester)- Lvl 18
Fletchinder (Skyler)- Lvl 17
Wartortle (Poseidon)- Lvl 17

I hear you can catch Eevee on Route 10, but I'll go Eevee hunting only once the 'Dex confirms it.

I liked the dark, claustrophobic atmosphere of the Glittering cave. My Riolu finally evolved into Lucario now, and with Serena's Espurr, we took out that last pair of Flare grunts in a single turn.

In the meantime, just encountered a ... "Hawlucha"? along Route 10. Gotta have that thing NOW! No Quick Balls on me, but Absol knocked it into the red in just two hits then I caught it with one Premiere Ball (and a critical hit, too). That capture was definitely made of win (Premiere Ball captures are ALWAYS made of win).

Other personal favorites I've caught are a Regenerator Mienfoo and Super Luck Absol. Wasted no time teaching Shadow Claw to the latter, though he did have the misfortune of running up against a Solosis (that he couldn't OHKO) with a Fighting-type Hidden Power.

I beat the champion this morning.

My team consisted of.

Delphox
Slurpuff
Swanna
Lucario
Venusaur
and Sliggoo (It's still one level away from evolving into Goodra.)

Glittering Cave is awesome. Seeing the caves in 3D while the outside remains in 2D makes me sad indeed.

Beat grant not too long ago: currently in Geosenge town. Those Pachurisu with that new attack Nuzzle are massive pains in the ass when I'm trying to level Frosty.
Team:
Spookalibur (If you can't guess I punch in your face) - Level 26
Joan (Quilladin) - Level 27
Wartortle - Level 26
Frosty (Amaura) - Level 24
Farfetch'd - Level 21
Sigilyph - Level 20

Just caught the sigilyph and the stats were promising. I felt like I kept using zubat too often as my flier so I dropped it for the psychic coverage. I liked a support pokemon with the move and sigilyph fits the role reasonably well. Farfetch'd I'll get rid of when I can get a phantumb.

I'm pretty much right about to tackle the second Gym Leader, after having done some early game grinding (to get all my Pokemon to a similar level, then enable Exp. All). I've also won two online battles, and traded once. Thinking about trying out Wonder Trade soon as well.

Team:
Ivyasaur (Seedels): Lv. 29
Pikachu (Sparkecchi): Lv. 27
Braixen (Chilli): Lv. 28
Combusken: Lv. 31
Espurr (Chistel): Lv. 24
Honedge (sord): Lv. 23

iZbpGuF.jpg

So, I've defeated Korrina in both her Gym & on top of the tower that mimics the Mont Saint-Michel in France (I don't know the US localized's name of this place in the game). Quilladin (now a Chesnaught after the Gym battle) and Azumarill made big cuts into her team, especially the Water Bunny Pokémon who could stall Hawlucha with Charm.

The Mega Lucario battle on top of the tower gave me a DBZ kind of feeling. I could imagine Goku & Vegeta duking it out. Too bad the battle ended quickly after 2 Boost Punches (the Fighting move that boosts the Attack each time you use it). Oh well, I got HM Surf from Serena. :D

My team so far :

Chesnaught (Kjelle) Lvl 36
Pyroar (Mufasa) Lvl 35
Vivillon (Sidonie) Lvl 36
Azumarill (Plue) Lvl 36
Linoone (Jonas) Lvl 36
Seviper (Seviper) Lvl 31

Back
Top Bottom