• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

XY Travelog!

Last night I encountered a wild Eevee along Route 10. I bagged that Pokemon faster than you can say WANT (though not as fast as I bagged that Hawlucha).

I also acquired a Ditto over the GTS, bred some Fennekin and then used them as collateral for some GTS trading -- I now have the full set of both Kanto and Kalos starters.

So I did defeated the Team Flare Boss, and um... lolwut? That story from 3000 years ago makes, like, no sense! But whatever gets the story moving, I guess. While Team Flare was a major snooze in general (a funny snooze, but a snooze nonetheless), the Boss Battle was mighty epic! The battleground looked phenomenal, and the music was wonderful. I also really liked Xerneas's battleground, as well--beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!

Speaking of, I really want to add Xerneas to my team, but I don't want to have ten Pokémon in rotation! Honestly I'm only keeping my Furfrou around because it's my only Surfer, so I know I'm gonna drop her eventually. But I'm also wondering if I should switch out my Sylveon for Xerneas, 'cause I don't really want two Fairy types... But I really like Sylveon (even though it has the worst levelset ever), so I just don't know! #PokéTrainerProblems

I read somewhere that you can get a Dusk Stone from Terminus Cave, so I'm gonna go there and find one for my trusty Doublade. But before I do that I'm gonna head back to Glittering Cave because I apparently missed some goodies there that I really want. And after all that, I'm gonna get my final badge and prepare for the Pokémon League!

CURRENT TEAM
Sylveon (Fairyodd, M), Lvl. 55
Hawlucha (Muchalibre, M), Lvl. 55
Meowstic (Discoschtick, M), Lvl. 55
Goodra (Gummiworm, F), Lvl. 56
Furfrou (Chouchous, F), Lvl. 56
Doublade (Kayblader, M), Lvl. 56
Chesnaught (Chestnut, M), Lvl. 57
Aurorus (Borealis, M), Lvl. 57
Talonflame (Flameur, M), Lvl. 57
Xerneas (Xyonisus, genderless), Lvl. 50

Seriously, why do I have ten Pokémon in rotation...

I've defeated Team Flare and stopped Lysandre, as well as beat the Elite Four. I am currently working for a detective known only as "Looker" in Lumiose City, and have plans to breed Absols for a really good one to train for official tournaments. I also seek the same for Honedges... I don't have any yet, but I did find a Dusk Stone somewhere, so I plan on getting an epic Aegislash (although in my opinion Doublade looks cooler).
I encountered a wild Moltres near my home town, but it fled before I could act. Curious.

Current Team:
Charizard/Mega Charizard Y ♂ (Nakorona) Level 74
Talonflame ♂ (Atorszel) Level 67
Greninja ♀ (Izejfel) Level 63
Tyrantrum ♀ (Iiraszik) Level 63
Lucario/Mega Lucario ♂ (Arkasjos) Level 63
Yveltal ♂ (Szuruku) Level 62 [I know legendaries are genderless, but I consider my Yveltal male]

Last edited:
Just found an Absol sooo early past the connection cave after catching snorlax on route 7. Has anyone one else came across him or did I just get extremely lucky? Was not able to make him reoccur.
Too bad absolite stone is in kiloud city!!

I just finished the Looker side mission and I really enjoyed it. Emma was a great character and I hope we see her in future games

My entire team of six just got steamrolled by some battle girl and her hawlucha. It outspeeds everything on my team and does huge amounts of damage even with resisted hits despte its level and my pokemon's levels being similar. Time to grind for a while I guess.

11 hours into the game; currently on Route 10. The team consists of:

Honedge 24
Frogadier 29
Pikachu 25
Charmeleon 29
Pidgeotto 27
Floette 26

For some reason Honedge gets normal damage from Psychic and Electric-type moves >_<

I also have no idea how to do Pokemon-Amie or Super-Training, and, for some reason, I don't care

Last edited:
Just got my Kanto starter from Sycamore. It's a Charmander that's a female. No resetting was needed.

How lucky.
Makes two of us, only I got a female Bulbasaur first shot after defeating Sycamore. And here I had saved before the battle and everything. Her Nature's kinda "meh"--she's Bold--but she's in my PC, awaiting proper training.
Talking about "bunch of wimps", I fell into a Lv.5 Scraggy horde. IT WAS HELL. They started to spam Sand Attack and left my Lv.10 Charmander completely defenseless. I swiched into my Lv.20 Frogadier, and was slowly humilliated the same way. Finally, I had to swallow my pride and ran away.
Bond via Pokemon-Amie. The first Scraggy horde I ran into tried that, but my Frogadier dodged some of their attacks. Apparently, she knew what was on my mind or something like that and dodged so she was able to take them out. (My Frogadier has four full hearts via bonding as does my Beedrill. Both are gaining extra experience as if they were traded!)

So anyway, I bought the game Saturday and wasn't really able to play a whole lot, so I started up yesterday. I'm only around ten and a half hours in but I did get my first Badge, thanks in no small part to my Beedrill. I haven't caught a Ralts yet--though I want one badly--and I skipped the Zigzagoon that I ran into first thing. Same thing with the Pidgey. Kinda don't wanna train those two. I caught a Caterpie but won't use it; it's for Dex purposes only.

As of right now, I'm hanging around Route 5, catching what I can and level grinding a bit. Though I may go back to the gardens and try for a Ralts; wouldn't mind a decent Fairy type on my team.

Ok I still havent made it to the town with the second gym wow its a long distance between gyms 1 and 2. I managed to get to Rt 10 and pick up an Eevee so Im gonna work on getting a Sylveon soonish. Im also really hating that the clothes are so expensive in the shops. Glittering Cave is quite lovely as well, I also got my Amaura and may try it later on. I disabled my Exp Share to train my Pokes equally, and Im hating Hoardes so much >_>.

Team:
Noibat: Lv 25
Vivillon: Lv 28
Phantump Lv 25
Helioptile Lv 21
Hawlucha(Frankenstein, received from a trade) Lv 25
Eevee Lv 19

I think the last time I posted I was saying how I was just going to start Route 14. Well... Now I'm about to take on the 8th gym, so I am a lot farther into the story. All of the gyms were pretty easy, and all other battles are pretty much a breeze. My Pokemon are over-leveled, so I decided that I would box them and train up some other 'mons. They are all at level 68, which is the same level as the Champion's top Pokemon, so I figured that would be a good time to stop.

I've captured sooo many Pokemon thus far; I think I am just starting Box 4. I think I may start to train up Vivillon and Espurr (whom I left in daycare) and Furfrou. I may even train up the Snover that I found so I can try out Mega Abamasnow. I haven't used any Mega Evolutions yet, so I feel like this would be a fun way to do so. Plus, I have never used a Snover, so it would be 2 new things at once~

I am really loving the story so far; the characters are fantastic. I think I'll try to take on Wulfric? tonight, then head on over to Victory Road tomorrow. My team looks like this so far:

- Greninja
- Talonflame
- Diggersby
- Gogoat
- Floette
- Doublade

I am still not sure when I just evolve Floette and Doublade, but I think before the E4 will be a good time to do so.

A ton has happened since my last update. I've beaten Korina twice and earned myself a Lucario and it's Lucarionite. I then helped the Skiddo Rebellion by freeing them from their fence. After freeing the Skiddo, I beat the crap out of Ramos at his gym. Later, I sent Team Flare packing and restored power to Lumiose. Clemont failed to win against me and I'm now preparing to face the Scary House or whatever its called. Before moving on, I've decided to take a break and enjoy Amie and S.T. for a while. Oh yeah, and I've made two changes to my team.

Old Members:
Shang(Pangoro[He evolved before I left him behind]) M, Lv. 35
Nala(Pyroar[She evolved too]) F, Lv. 35

They were great members of the team, but all of the common type disadvantages were messing me up, so they had to go.

New Team:
Merida (Fennekin) F, Lv. 45
Marahute (Talonflame) M, Lv. 44
SuperLlama (Furfrou) F, Lv. 45
Djali (Gogoat) M, Lv. 45
Mulan (Honedge) F, Lv. 33
Tiny (Tyrunt) M, Lv. 33

The new team is good so far, but Mulan and Tiny haven't seen many battles yet. I'm hoping to change that soon. See you next update!

First post! I got X today so I'll be starting my save file now. So far I'm in Aquacorde town and I'm soft resetting for an adamant Chespin. Hopefully it wont take too long so I can carry on with the game. Graphics wise, I really like it, the scenery is beautiful and it's great to have running shoes right from the start for a change too.

That's what I realized too about the running shoes, they aren't an item anymore, you actually get them right from the start which is awesome! My experience with Pokemon X so far has been amazing, but now I'm stuck in Lumoise City, since I can't find out what to do next. I picked a Fennekin as my starter as well, and it's now at level 20. He evolved into Braixken at level 16. :)

Current Team:
Braixken (Level 20)
Pansear (level 13)
Pansage (level 12)
Combusken (Level 17)
Pikachu (level 12)
Charmander (level 13)

I love my current team so far, but the Pokemon I have used most is Braixken. He's an amazing Pokemon. :)

Last edited:
Just completed the power plant. I wish Team Flare showed up more often as whenever a large concentration gathers, the area gains 3D.
Joking aside, my team:
Joan (Chesnaught) - Level 38
Blastoise - Level 37
Koruptal (Sigilyph) - 36
Spookalibur (Doublade) - 36
Frosty (Amaura) - Level 39
Farfetch'd (I still need to get rid of this thing, carbink was a terrible slot so I went back to this for the time being) - Level 29

EDIT: I don't think I mentioned this, but both Joan and Squirtle were female without any soft resets.
My entire team of six just got steamrolled by some battle girl and her hawlucha. It outspeeds everything on my team and does huge amounts of damage even with resisted hits despte its level and my pokemon's levels being similar. Time to grind for a while I guess.

I'm assuming no Honedge line? That stops it hard and can kill it with Aerial Ace.

In general though I never have a problem with physical pokemon as Joan is an excellent wall with maximum defense EVs and high HP EVs.

Just collected the fourth badge, and won a battle online. Sweeped some guy with my Raichu, then switched out to Blaziken and Mega-Evolved to make the final blow... You know, just for the hell of it. I've fully EV trained both my Delphox and Raichu now, too (both in speed, with special attack trained second).

Team
Chilli (Delphox): Lv. 41
Seedels (Venasaur): Lv. 41
Sparkecchi (Raichu): Lv. 38
Blaziken: Lv. 43
sord (Doublade): Lv. 35
AlsoNotMind (Lapras): Lv. 33

m7loLNN.jpg

When it comes to Poke Miles, I guess they get reset to 0 every time you do Game Sync successfully? I was able to successfully Game Sync a few times before the PGL went down for maintenance. So, I should have quite a few Poke Miles ready online by the time the service is ready.

Did it by any chance happen to be the one in Reflection Cave? Between Aerial Ace and Rock Tomb she nearly wiped out my entire team too (good thing I revived Braixen, and Rock Tomb wasn't strong enough to take him down.)

Apparently Hawlucha are fully evolved (like Absol), because I now totally hate having to take down one of these things in battle too.

Beat 2 gyms, and I just found out that Eevee can be found on Route 10. I rode my bike to Route 10 in hopes and dreams of a Sylveon on my team. I caught my Eevee, male, at level 21, and I was in love. I then decided to see how it evolves into Sylveon. I took out my cellphone and googled it, and realized that Eevee needs to learn a Fairy move. I tapped on that search bar and asked google when Eevee learns a Fairy move. To my disappointment, it already knows a Fairy move if you catch it at level 19, and Sylveon learns Draining Kiss (a Fairy move) at level 20. I then sought out to find an Eevee at level 19. Day 2, and I can only find them at level 21. I've been on Route 10 for two days. I am losing hope. I considered catching a female Eevee and breeding it to get it to learn Baby Doll Eyes so that it knows a Fairy move before level 20, but I've had no such luck. Frustration overwhelms me, and I am trying to search for better options.

Current team:
Floette, level 30
Pancham, level 30
Litleo, level 30
Meowstic, level 30
Vivillon, level 30
Amaura, level 30

@Stratelier: Only reason I eventually won that battle with her eventually is because my fletchinder dodged hawlucha's rock tomb and one hit KOed it with aerial ace. Since then I replaced my fletchinder with a hawlucha of my own and all I have to say is that it was worth it and flying press is confusing.

So I just defeated the 8th Gym Leader. I'm not sure why, but I couldn't figure out the puzzle in that gym for the life of me! I had to look up a playthrough on YouTube to get it. And I decided to keep Sylveon in my team and not switch it out for Xerneas. I also found out that Sylveon's moveset isn't the worst in the world--he learns Shadow Ball via TM, and his Poison-type Hidden Power has actually been helpful so far, especially coming off his monstrous Special Attack. So there's that.

I'm still not sure who I want to bring to the Pokémon League with me... Everyone on my team has been such a good teammate so far! I guess I'll just postpone making a decision until I absolutely have to. (I'm avoiding looking at E4/Champion teams 'cause I want to be surprised.)

Pokémon X might not be my favorite game in the series, but it's definitely up there as one of the better ones in my opinion! :)

CURRENT TEAM
Goodra (Gummiworm, F), Lvl. 61
Talonflame (Flameur, M), Lvl. 62
Aegislash (Kayblader, M), Lvl. 62
Chesnaught (Chestnut, M), Lvl. 62
Sylveon (Fairyodd, M), Lvl. 62
Hawlucha (Muchalibre, M), Lvl. 62
Meowstic (Discoschtick, M), Lvl. 62
Aurorus (Borealis, M), Lvl. 62
Furfrou (Chouchous, F), Lvl. 62

I have beaten Grant today. His Tyrunt was pretty hard but Nacho managed to overcome it and crush it with with Wine Whip. I also encountered a horde of Wingulls. The used Growl and Supersonic. And when my Honedge was weakned they started to spam Water Gun. I managed to defeat them with Nacho and capture one of them.
Some team changes:
Terry the Tyrunt replaced Clemont the Bunnelby
Anduril the Honedge replaced Vivillion
Mr Fluff the Swirlix replaced Anduril the Honedge

Back
Top Bottom