• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

XY Travelog!

Went and beat Valerie yesterday. She was pretty easy, even without a Pokemon that could sweep fairies. I started out with Skrelp, but was only able to take out the first Pokemon. My Skrelp was still about 10 levels lower than the others. For the rest of the battle, I used Florges and Delphox.

I also ended up switching my Vivillon for Amaura. It was a bit of work, since my Amaura was only at level 21, and everyone else was in the early 50s. I had it with me for route 14 and onwards, so it's at level 38 now. My Skrelp also evolved

Then I got to Dendemille, but I only stopped to heal and go. I went to route 16, because I've been waiting forever to complete my team with a Pumpkaboo. I decided to go for the biggest one, so that took forever. After nearly 3 hours of searching, finally found one! I was fooled by a couple of large ones along the way, since I didn't know the giant one had a different cry. But those things are scary. The super size one took out two of Pokemon, both almost 20 levels higher than it. I'm gonna level it up a bit before evolving it.

Current team:
Delphox (Hazel, F) - 56
Florges (Lily, F) - 54
Heliolisk (Sandy, F) - 54
Dragalge (Cyanide, F) - 50
Amaura (Amy, F) - 38
Pumpkaboo (Coco, F) -36

Last edited:
Just got to Shalour City and finally filed out my team. Quilladin, Fletchinder, Wartortle, Honedge, Tyrunt, and Mr. Mime

I finally just got my second badge. lol Grant was a bit of a challenge for me because three of my four Pokemon are weak to Rock type moves, but I managed to pull out a win in the first try. Much more of a challenge than Viola though (due to being weak to Fire AND Flying and I had Fennekin and Fletchling at the time). My team is now:

Braixen lv. 25
Fletchinder lv. 25
Gloom lv. 25
Amaura lv. 24

Planning to evolve that Gloom to Bellossom. :3

Just beat the 6th gym and beat Team Flare in the Poke Ball Factory. I'm on Route 15. I have to say, I am loving this game way too much. I especially love Meowstic's movepool. My Meowstic currently has Signal Beam, Charge Beam, Psychic, and Shadow Ball, so now I am about to replace my Vivillon with a Goomy. Sorry, Vivillon, but Meowstic knows Signal Beam now.

Current team:
Aurorus, level 44
Pangoro, level 45
Sylveon, level 45
Meowstic, level 45
Vivillon, level 45 (being replaced with a Goomy, level 30)
Simba the Pyroar, level 46 (I couldn't help myself)

Just defeated the Elite Four and the Champion. I was extremely overpowered, but I don't really mind. I did it with the team of six I decided to go with before the games were released, so I'm happy. I almost didn't take any damage against the Champion -- my Aegislash destroyed 5 of her Pokémon but I switched out to Blaziken when she sent out Gardevoir as her last. We both Mega Evolved and Blaziken finished it off with Flare Blitz.

1. Blaziken - lvl. 85
2. Greninja - lvl. 80
3. Aegislash - lvl. 80
4. Tyrantrum - lvl. 80
5. Heliolisk - lvl. 85
6. Noivern - Lvl. 86

And now off to do post-game content!

Last edited:
Wow, the final Lysandre battle was extremely anticlimactic. All I did was have my newly caught xerneas use geomancy and it then one shot his entire team with moonblasts. -_-

Last edited:
I've been doing pretty well since my last update. I've conquered the Scary House, beaten Valerie the Gym Leader, and sent Team Flare away. Just now I arrived at Dendemille Town. On my way I managed to capture the final addition to my team.
My Team:
Merida (Fennekin) F, Lv. 54
Marahute (Talonflame) M, Lv. 54
Djali (Gogoat) M, Lv. 52
SuperLlama (Furfrou) F, Lv. 52
Mulan (Doublade) F, Lv. 49
Stitch (Goomy) M, Lv. 39

Stitch is my new catch and I'm working hard to catch him up to the rest of my team. Mulan's still catching up too. Next update: soon!

My team as of this post: Clawitzer L53, Gourgeist L57, Aurorus L56, Talonflame L57, Delphox L57, and Klefki L60
Accomplishments: Got seventh badge, prevented Team Flares plans, captured Xerneas
Plans: Get eighth badge, catch a Noibat to replace Talonflame
Time Played: 57:40

The last hour of gameplay was really intense because of everything that happened with Team Flare was really rapid-paced. The final battle with Lysandre though was kind of silly because Xerneas tanked it pretty well. Wish they put a little more thought in the final battle for the player so that they couldn't just use their freshly caught Legendary and have it tank the battle. Then again, I'm not sure how the battle plays out in Y, so it could just be the advantage that Xerneas had over Lysandre that made the battle laughable. Oh well.

For the past couple of days I've been preparing to breed out my team early on. Thanks to the Everstone I got in Geosenge and a couple of Dittos I got in some trades, I was able to breed myself a new Chespin with Adamant as its nature along with a couple other 'mons. Finished Super Training my Chespin earlier in the day, now I just have Ralts and Rhyhorn to do. I should probably also breed my Hondour soon as well.

Beat the gym in Shalour City. It was a bit tougher than Grant, especially Korrina's Hawlucha. I also didnt do so well in that battle against Calem in the Tower of Mastery. I went up the Tower of Mastery to do the Mega Evolution battle thing. It was very uneventful and much too easy. Mega Evolved the Lucario, used Sword's Dance and 1HKO'd her Lucario on the next turn. I then named the Lucario she gave me Anubis. it made me box a Pokemon so I temporarily put Frogadier in the PC. Then I left and met the guy that gave you a Lapras, so that was nice. Im going to continue on later.

I'm in post game right now and working on a competitive team! Right now I'm working on seeing what egg moves I can breed into the offspring of my faithful Meowstic female! She's been a powerhouse, with great speed and moves, and I can't wait to have one with (hopefully) somethign that allows for healing. Right now I'm trying to see if can breed down any of Munna's moves, wish me luck!

Also, I'm a marchioness in the Battle Social Club place on Rt 7, and I just saw Valerie there and battled her again! She had two pokemon, a mawile and a Sylveon, both level forty and she's a Marchioness, and also has the Gym leader battle music again! I don't know if anyone realized this, but it seems that gym leaders and maybe Elite 4 will appear there and battle you again! I was really surprised and pleased to see here there! I knew there was a reason I kept raising my rank there, other than constant money, lol.

Last edited:
Herbizarre, reporting for duty :

- Caught Yveltal in a Luxury Ball (and was lucky it didn't use Oblivion Wing against my Chesnaught).
- Defeated Team Flare and his boss (not gonna tell who it is).
- Visited most of the north-eastern part of Kalos, especially the Azure Bay I completely forgot to check. If you're lucky, you can find a Chatot over there. :)
- Advancing onto Couriway Town, I find myself walking into the Terminus Cave. After finding a few Gravelers (one by using Rock Smash with my HM Slave Hawlucha and one in the wild normally), I stumble upon... THIS :

Shiny-ariados.png

Nicknamed her "Maïtika", after a pet tarantula featured in 1994 french movie "Un Indien dans la ville". ^-^

My team for now :

Vivillon (Sidonie) Lvl 64
Azumarill (Plue) Lvl 65
Linoone (Jonas) Lvl 64
Chesnaught (Kjelle) Lvl 65
Pyroar (Mufasa) Lvl 64
Seviper (Seviper) Lvl 51 (boxed for now)
Hawlucha (Brutalibré) Lvl 29 (HM Slave with Fly, Rock Smash, Strength & Cut)

Just caught Moltres. It's the only Legendary Bird I can catch in this game, which is determined by the starter you chose. Chespin = Articuno, Fennekin = Zapdos, Froakie = Moltres. First it was roaming and I pretty much hate roaming Legendaries because they constantly flee which is highly annoying, but I pulled through. It fled everytime I encountered it, even before I could do anything. But I already knew about this from pre-release leaks. After the eleventh encounter (I guess this is the standard) it fled to the Sea Spirit's Den, a previously empty cave north of Courmarine.

Aegislash weakened it till it had a little HP left, but then it took me like 40/50 Balls to ultimately catch it in a Great Ball. Ironic, since I caught Mewtwo yesterday after only a couple of Balls. Was it worth it? I dunno, I've already stalled two Moltres (from Platinum and HeartGold) in Black 2, but I just like to catch every Legendary in a game, gives a more complete feeing. But I might just trade Moltres away for something valuable on the GTS.

I'm currently in front of the Glittering Cave (just got the game yesterday). And wow, there really is a long gap between the first and second gym. I'm close to the second gym town now, but I feel like it's been ages since I fought Viola.

My team now is:

Braixen (M) Lv. 26
Azumarill (F) Lv. 25
Honedge (F) Lv. 21
Inkay (M) Lv. 15

When I get to Route 10 after I'm done in Cyllage City, I plan on catching a Sigilyph.

OK first of I decided to use a Sylveon instead of Mr Fluff, my Swirlix. So I started Pokemon Amie and after very much time I managed to get a Sylveon and it is almost at the same lvl as the other team members. Her name is Dragonslayer. Then I evolved my Pancham into Pangoro and challenged the Grass gym. Dragonslayer took down the final mon! Yay! Then I got an Amaura on the GTS too and captured a Gible. At the powerplant my Quilladin (Nacho), Fletchinder (King Bob) and Wartortle (Bowser) all evolved. So now I have a Mega on my team! Yay x2!
I defeated Team Flare(easy)and went to Clemont. During the fights with the gym trainers I lost Bamboo the Pangoro and Terry the Tyrunt. I decided to challenge Clemont anyway, instead of going back to heal. It was a mistake. Nacho was almost one hitted by Emolgas Aerial Ace but I switched and Dragonslayer managed to defeat it. When Magneton came I switched again and a very damaged Nacho took it down with Power-Up-Punch. Heliolisk however took the even more damaged Nacho out and destroyed the rest of the team too(Dragonslayer was damaged and Bowser and King Bob had type disadvantage and got outspeeded). I did some more Amie instead and got max affection on Nacho. I will go back to Clemont soon.

I've beat six gyms now, and am just about the challenge the seventh. Since my Pokemon are extremely over-levelled, I've been sweepig gyms and training lowered levelled Pokemon via Exp. Share. I decided to box my male Meowstic, and catch a female Espurr. It's been EV'd in special attack and speed.

Current Team:
Sparkecchi (Raichu): Lv. 53
Blaziken: Lv. 62
Seedels (Venasaur): Lv. 54
Bloopy-Gooey (Sliggoo): Lv. 42
Amaura: Lv. 44
Purrabliss (Espurr): Lv. 17

Oh, and I also decided to do a bunch of clothes-related things. I think my trainer is looking quite cute at this point.

tL1Ko04.jpg

I just beat the 7th Gym! Yay! Now I'm finally hitting some plot. I'm in Lumiose now. Since my previous update, I've fully Amied all of my main party and I'm loving the benefits. I've also bought a ton of clothes to try out. Not much else has happened. Here's the team:

Merida (Fennekin) F, Lv. 55
Marahute (Talonflame) M, Lv. 55
SuperLlama (Furfrou) F, Lv. 54
Djali (Gogoat) M, Lv. 55
Mulan (Doublade) F, Lv. 53 [As soon as I find a Dusk Stone, I'm going to evolve her]
Stitch (Sliggoo) M, Lv. 48

Stitch is trying to catch up to everyone else. He's holding the Lucky Egg now in order to help him out.

My starters are in their final evos (female greninja and male charizard), and I can't name the rest of my team off the top of my head since I'm so bad with pokemon names from newer gens. I'm in the top part of lumiose city and I see clemont and now I want to throw my copy of the game and my 3ds in a thrash can right now.

After losing to Clemont yesterday I put King Bob, Bowser and Bamboo in the PC for a 3vs3 rematch. Emolga beat Terry but failed against Dragonslayer. Nacho took the others down, even though Dragonslayer was defeated in the process. So now I have the Voltage Badge. Only three more to go!
After seeing the positive effects of Pokemon Amie in battles(find out yourselves if you do not know)I decided to get max affection on the rest of the team too. It was boring but after a looooooooooooooooong time I managed to do it. So now my whole team loves me. I am now in those marshes after Lumiose. Dragonslayer took Serenas team down alone. She is epic. Terry did just evolve so my team is complete. Here they are(lvls may not be exact as I do not have my 3DS with me now):

Nacho (Chesnaught) lvl 39
Bamboo (Pangoro) lvl 37
Terry (Tyrantrum) lvl 39
King Bob (Talonflame)) lvl 37
Dragonslayer (Sylveon) lvl 37
Bowser (Blastoise) lvl 38

Captures: Goomy, Shelmet, Carnivine

Last edited:
Never chained a Shiny successfully in Gen 4, so I took a shot at it again in Pokemon Village. Had Noctowl, stuck with it, had about 20 consecutive fights (which is close to the furthest I ever got in DPPt). Heart was slowly beating faster with each passing fight.

I don't think I've ever been so unhappy to run into a wild Zoroark before.

Back
Top Bottom