• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

XY Travelog!

I just went to the berry fields and one of my trees was shaking and I encountered a wild Burmy in it. How neat is this feature ^^

I just had a proper rival with Serena. Wow, my Lucario is a freight train against her. Shadow Claw for the Meowstick, Power-up Punch everything else. That only took like six turns.

I do wonder, though . . . are you required to beat your rival at this point? The NPC mentioned only having one Mega Ring....

Well, the Tower of Mastery doesn't disappoint for surprises -- what's the first thing to greet you when you walk in? A freakin' HUGE statue of a Mega Lucario front and center.

And now for the Gym battle against Korrina!
Round one, FIGHT!

We start with my Charmeleon vs. her Mienfoo. So what if it knows Power-up Punch? Two Dragon Rages and it's DOWN.

Round Two -- the Machoke. Charmeleon goes down (from a Rock Tomb, what a surprise), so I send in Frogadier who isn't vulnerable to Rock. A few Water Pulses and Korrina needs a Hyper Potion, but I haven't managed to Confuse the thing and Frogadier's slowed down too much by Rock Tomb so I swap him out for my Lucario, who finishes the job with Power-up Punch (which Lucarios learn naturally at Lv.15, the same level that Riolus learn Force Palm).

Round Three -- the dreaded Hawlucha, who outspeeds my entire team (even Lucario, my fastest). Lucario nails the Mexican bird pretty hard with Shadow Claw (about 70% damage) while it does a Hone Claws + Flying Press for a two-turn knockout. I bring in my Fletchinder, greatly concerned that this Hawlucha might have a Rock technique (the very thing that nearly killed me the last time I went up against a trainer's Hawlucha). One Peck and it's down into the red, Fletchinder survives a Flying Press, Flame Body burns the thing, and I win.

I didn't have to bring in my starter to score some Psybeam knockouts, but compared to roasting Viola's Bugs over an open flame and my Lucario walking all over Grant's fossils pretty much unanswered, Korrina definitely put up a challenge.

NEXT -- You know, I want an encore of that Megalucario battle. Only one problem - I forgot to save after the Gym Leader battle. Oh well ... the retry goes down similarly. Mienfoo only lasts two turns, Machoke takes out Charmeleon and Hawlucha takes out Lucario. Fletchinder's Flame Body still gets the last laugh (though it took longer, and Fletchinder went down), but I sent in Braixen to polish off the battle with Fire Spin. (Yeah, didn't need no Psybeam here.)

Last edited:
I got my third badge last night and surprisingly, Korrina's Hawlucha wasn't as annoying as I thought it would be. All it did against my Fletchinder was spam Press Fly or whatever it's called. My Fletchinder was outsped, but able to do more damage with Peck, so it won me the battle. ^^

I also managed to beat her on the Mastery Tower in one try too thanks to my Lucario outspeeding hers. I'm going to keep him on my team for a bit since he's taken such a liking to Kerena. Lapras will stick around for a bit too since it helps to have a Surfer and Strength-user at last.

My fourth gym battle is next!

I've spent the better part of the last few days level grinding at the Battle Chateau; so much, in fact that my team is now in the low to mid-fourties! But it certainly has helped my team greatly; after much effort, I finally have a Greninja and a Gardevoir. My Gardevoir--terrible as her Nature may be--has been one heckuva help. While I was earning cash in the Chateau, I ran into Grant and he nearly destroyed my team. Had it not been for my underleveled Kikyo, I don't think I would have made it. And yesterday, while in the midst of grinding, my Golett hit level 45 and learned Earthquake. Of course, little Titan started to evolve and I could have easily stopped it and kept him small but I decided against it.

Titan is a Golurk now. He's big, he's beautiful and he's pretty much my team leader, as he's now at level 47.

I was also challenged to a passer-by battle, which I lost*. Ah well. Then said passer-by wanted to trade, so I did. And then said passer-by decided to be my friend, so I said yes. That was kinda cool.

I managed to get to Geosenge Town and do a little research on the stones then made my way to Glittering Cave. Before I got there, I blundered around in the grass until I found myself a wild Sawk, who I caught. His name is Hero and already I am bonding with him.

Currently, I'm slowly making my way through Glittering Cave. I hope I get the Fly HM soon as I hate backtracking all the way to my berry patch and Teleporting back again. Kinda frustrating, but it helps with egg hatching.

* I went into said battle expecting nothing. You're reading that right; I didn't expect to win or to lose. I just expected nothing so I wasn't upset because of the result.

Well, I've had a lot of run in with Team Flare today, and my gosh are they annoying in that Power Plant. It's the first time I've had to fight more than two in a single setting and even though I'm over leveled, I'm still using up all my Super Potions. But they're really funny. I'm enjoying them so far.

Team Flare Admin looks amazing. I just had to take a moment of silence when I saw him...before I loled.

I also hate the route you take to get to the Power Plant. I can't take two steps without some Ground-type coming to jump me.

This game is totally fun! XD

Finished the Looker postgame storyline. It was really sweet and fun, actually. Also Looker doesn't have his accent. Methinks he is from Kalos? I'm considering doing a story about Emma and Mimi. They have a lot of potential as characters. And Xerosic turns out to be a pretty cool guy. Also, he had a Volcarona which automatically makes him awesome. Looking for more things to do, now. Also, wondering if there is a way to get Larvesta/Volcarona in my game...

Also, I am a Duchess in the Battle Chateau. I wonder how far it goes? Do I get to be a Queen? That would be cool. I got a promotion working at the Hotel Richissme! So now I get 10k a job, sweet money. Especially since I blow all mine every day buying clothes at boutiques. No, literally. Yesterday I only had 9k left out of +300k. I've bought a majority of the clothes already it seems though, so that will soon stop putting a crimp in my wallet.

Considering breeding myself up an Ampharos to use my Ampharosite on. Also, Yawn-Meowstic is meh, Protect is probably better. Or if it will learn Will-O-Wisp. Note to self: Figure out where Will-O-Wisp TM is...

I just beat the Champion! :D That's all I have to say right now. I did do some other stuff too, like switching up my part again. Oh yeah, and I beat AZ. Jeez, that cutscene after the battle was intense.
My Team:
SuperLlama (Furfrou) F, Lv. 73
Stitch (Goomy) M, Lv. 72
Djali (Gogoat) M, Lv. 73
Mulan (Aeiglash) F, Lv. 72
Merida (Fennekin) F, Lv. 73
Mushu (Charizard) M, Lv. 57 [He was a Mega Y Charizard in battle]

Highlights of the Champion Battle:
Mulan 1HKO'd Mega Gardevoir.
Djali took out both Aurorus and Tyrantrum.
Mushu destroyed her Gorgeist.
Stitch defeated her Goomy.
I can't remember her other 'mon, but I know that SuperLlama took it out all by herself.

I just leveled up Vespiquen and she learns a new move at level 57 (the german name is Stachelfinale) along the lines of "Stinger Finale" 25PP, 30 Power, 100 Acc. and if the wielder manages to knock out the opponent with the move, its Attack increases two stages.

I came back to the first routes to fill the pokedex and something strange happened, a horde of Seviper appeared but among the 5 pokemon that appeared 4 were Sevipers and 1 was a Zangoose... It was really strange and funny because while I was attacking the Sevipers to get the Zangoose they were, not attacking me, but the Zangoose. Bad thing they killed him T.T... But did something like that happened to one of you? Must have been unexpected xD

Last edited:
I got my fourth badge and am now at the power plant. My Fletchinder evolved too, and holy crap, Talonflame is one fast fire bird! I also explored Azure Bay after I went back to Shalour City to get a Sun Stone I read about in my guide. I need one to evolve my Gloom later. Though I found another Sun Stone on route 13. lol

Route 13 is annoying if you don't have a Flying type, btw. So many wild Pokemon with Arena Trap. >_>

I have reached the first gym and got the badge about 3 times now. My game has corrupted twice and I just decided to start over again. I had chosen Froakie as my starter, even though I thought Chespin was the cutest, because I don't usually care for grass Pokemon. I decided that I would give it a go though and chose Chespin because he becomes a fighting type too, which is my favorite type.

I beat the champion yesterday and with the following team:

Furfrou Lv.60
Charizard Lv.62
Malamar Lv.61
Delphox Lv.64
Goodra Lv.64
Fletchinder Lv.31

Battling the E4 and Champion were quite fun, there were a few challenges but I managed to overcome them with my team. I'm currently now on the hunt for Pokemon with Hidden Abilities in the Friend Safari and using the Masuda Method to get a shiny Butterfree.

Just beat the Fairy Gym Leader with my team.

The team I'm challenging the Gym Leader with:
- Lv.33 Lanturn (with Volt Absorb)
- Lv.36 Pyroar (female with Rivalry)
- Lv.37 Charizard (with Charizardite Y)
- Lv.38 Jolteon (with Charge Beam)
- Lv.37 Talonflame (with Flame Body and Roost)
- Lv.41 Delphox

Tanky Lanturn and speedy Jolteon won me the match against Clemont almost unaided, it was very awesome. I do not have any Poison or Fire moves on me, but a good half my team is Fairy resistant, and I'm counting on exploiting some of the secondary Fairy typings for the win. For obvious reasons, Lucario, Absol, and Tyrunt will have to sit this one out.

Gym Leader's first Pokemon is a Lv.38 Mawile (Steel+Fairy). Okay, so she has Crunch and is faster than my Lanturn, but Confuse Ray at least bought me a free turn to swap in my Talonflame - that Flame Body has tipped more battles in my favor than I can count. Two Embers and Mawile goes DOWN.

A Lv.39 Mr.Mime is next. Gym Leader must be saving her ace for last (unlike Ramos and Clemont). I bet Charizard's Shadow Claw can wreck this mime, but I'm not sure I can afford a turn to swap out because Mr.Mime has Psychic and it hurts; I don't think I can Roost this one off so it's better to send Talonflame out in style with Fly. Delphox, you're up now. One blast of Mystical Fire and the mime is a goner.

Lastly but NOT least is the Gym Leader's . . . SYLVEON! Same Lv.42 as my Delphox, but this one's a male (just great, it probably knows Attract). At least Delphox outspeeds him and doesn't posess any contact moves (in case it also has Cute Charm). Some Mystical Fire should cool that Special tank of yours (Swift, really?). Followed by one Psyshock, which lands a critical hit and it's over.

That was . . . almost too easy. And nowhere near as (ahem) electrifying as the Clemont battle.

It's good to be back at the world of Pokémon! X and Y is the best moment in the games so far: good pokés, good storyline, good system of experience and the graphics! Pokémon Company thanks!

Well, I haven't post anything in a year but the release of these games, and the discovery with everyone in the world of the news are awesome. For the first time everyone have to make the discovery by themselves, help each other and go on in a quest like the characters in the games. Put together Pokémon Amie, Super Training, Wonder Trade and the new method of experience and you have a popular, easy and new game.
I already have 60 hours of game and don't have my third badge because I want to catch every-little-big-beauty-and-brave pokémon I encounter. My team are around 40 level, and have 6 box full of different pokémons from breeding/wonder trade and normal trade. The routes are beauty and chaming in design, the gyms are fenomenals(the second gym and his hidden cascate!!!)and the pokémons are pure surprise.
In this moment I am at Geosense Town to breed more Dratini and Tyrunt, and finish the super training of my Esperanza(Hawlucha), to go to the next gym and face the girl in rollers.

Last edited:
I beat Clemont with help from my Gloom, Braixen, and Amaura and have five badges now. ^^

I also got to Laverre City, caught me an Eevee, evolved it to Sylveon, and caught me a Litleo. I previously hadn't known that Litleo was found on route 22 just off of Santalune City, nor had I known that Eevee was on route 10, as I never encountered any. xP

So now my team is:

Delphox lv. 40
Talonflame lv. 38
Gloom lv. 39
Amaura lv. 39
Sylveon lv. 27 named Fauna (after one of the fairies from Sleeping Beauty, she was my favorite of the three. Though Maryweather is hilarious lol)
Litleo lv. 27 named Kiara (after the lioness in The Lion King II: Simba's Pride)

I'm going to level up Fauna and Kiara a little more before taking on Valerie and her fairy Pokemon. :p

Still sitting at one badge due to an irrational Pokemon-Amie, online battling obsession. But I found my first Shiny ever, a Jolly, Super Luck Absol and female. :>

tumblr_mv3vsvbjxT1rsrk2xo1_500.jpg

My X Character's viewpoint said:
Dear Travel Diary,
I have found so little to do of late as a trainer. Could it be that beating the league left me with nothing else to do? Granted, there is that cool safari, but I must get in contact with people first.

Oh, I met this man called Looker. I remember a Trainer from another region telling me about him over the internet, said the man had a weird accent. That's odd, he spoke perfect French to me. He's a nice fellow, but I find his detective work to be a pain. These 'Dark Alleys' in Lumios are murder to track down. Perhaps I should find a guide...

My eyes are set on the day care right now to mass-breed some of my pokemon and Wonder Trade them to other trainers who can enjoy baby pokemon. Then I think I'll go to the castle place and earn some money, or try to.
Finally, my eyes are set on the Battle Maison. I need those Battle Points for items to evolve my Pokemon, and Gardevoir sweeps the competition away easily.

My team at the moment, are;
Neswell the Mawile, Lv67(M) -> False Swiper of the team in case of a shiny encounter
Gardevoir, LV80(F) -> Main Battler. Obtained from a Japanese Player in exchange for my old Kirlia so I could make training easier.
Denitsen the Clawitzer, LV36 -> Being trained. Caught in a failed attempt at the supposed 'Chain Fishing'.
Ledian, LV22(M) -> Being Trained. Nothing special.
Inkay, LV27(F) -> Being Trained. According to the grapevine, to evolve it I must 'turn the 3DS upside-down'. What's a '3DS'? This is as confusing as the 'B Button' the running shoes' manual mentions. Honestly, Mom should have told me these things before I left on my Pokemon Journey across the region.
Kasorin the Talonflame, LV72(M) -> Fly Slave and Kamikaze battler. He's a backup for Gardevoir.

Yeah, enjoying breeding and post-game battling now.

OK, I beat Valerie(she is scary. Those eyes...). She was pretty easy. Then I continued to that Frost Cave. It reminded me of Seafom Islands in HG/SS. Did not find any new or cool pokes there but... I found Team Flare! They were as easy as usual to defeat and now I have an Abomasite and a Snover(which I got later)! So I went on to the next town after riding a Mamoswine and hearing the story about him and Abomasnow. Cute story. Before entering the seventh gym I put Bamboo (Pangoro) first in the team. He took down the whole gym alone. I did not even need to heal him. So now I am running around in Team Flares base with my Mega Blastoise.

Well, I beat the Elite Four a couple days ago and have mostly been trying to get started on breeding stuff, but I kinda wish I had easier access to a Chlorophyll Bulbasaur and a bunch of other Hidden Ability Pokemon that I could use (like a Magician Fennekin, Sheer Force Mawile, and Gale Wings Fletchling). Really wanted to start putting together a strong competitive team, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen unless I become friends with a lot of different people.

Back
Top Bottom