• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review XY001: We've Arrived in the Kalos Region! The Beginning of Dreams and Adventures!! ・ XY002: Mega Evolution and the Prism Tower!

Winterdaze

fight me
Reaction score
XY001: "We've Arrived in the Kalos Region! The Beginning of Dreams and Adventures!!"
XY002: "Mega Evolution and the Prism Tower!"

Ash arrives in Lumiose City to begin a new journey in the Kalos region, and meets Clemont and his sister Bonnie. A battle between Ash and Clemont is cut short when Team Rocket interfere, until a mysterious Froakie intervenes.

Weak from its battle with Team Rocket, Ash finds care for Froakie at Professor Sycamore's lab, where the Professor is researching Mega Evolution. But Team Rocket's mischief causes a Garchomp test subject to go berserk.

Absolutely awesome. Every complaint I had about Ash's character in BW, totally wiped away in an hour. Ash was confident, powerful and using every bit of experience in battle.

Froakie seems made for Ash and thankfully avoids the 'abused starter' that the promos had me worried about, instead it's got exactly the personality Ash has, reckless in fighting for the right outcome. Hope it evolves all the way.

Taking the fight up to Team Rocket is exactly what I've always wanted as well - he looked in this episode like he simply wasn't going to take it anymore. Finally.

Serena seems like she has a good personality, so I'm looking forward to how that turns out. Plus, only a few days to wait for the dub to fill in some of the storyline stuff I might have missed.

Best opening to a series ever.

with episode 2 having a short run time i hope they dub the oak livecaster for the dub for the episode.. that would be a nice gift to us.. (not betting on it)

and it looks like that -VS- Screen is gonna get used for battles in the show now like the Orgins special had.. Nice..

Alright, this is My First Time on the Forums to Review a Series/Saga Premiere of the Pokemon Anime Series so I am Excited.

I ONLY Got to see the First Episode and not the Second so this Review will be for XY Episode 1.

Ash was Great in this being Funny in the Beginning by. Ring Disappointed by No Gym Battle and getting Shocked at the Tower or as I Like to Call it The Ifal Tower Rip-Off even though this is Based on France.

Clemons and Bonnie were Interesting to Me. Clemont Throwing the Backpack was BadAss to Me and a Good Battler with Bunnelby. Bonnie was Funny and VERY Cute I Think and was Funny. I LOL'd SOOOOOOOO HARD when she Got Shocked by Pikachu LOL to that Scene.

Alexa was Good in Her Departure I Think and I shall Miss Her.

Team Rocket was Great as Ever and now that Wobbuffet has Returned things will go Great for Team Rocket. They were Good and Wobbuffet Battling was Great.

The Froakie is Soooooooo Cute and is Good at Battling and Causing Team Rocket to Slow Down LOL. Hopefully he will Recover because he was in Need of Desperate Help from the Damage He Took.

My Favorite part was Serena. I have been Looking forward for her Appearing and even though this was a Cameo it was Good. Serena being Pissed Off by the Flecthling= FTW. The Ryhorn's Reaction the the Scream was Priceless.

I give the First Episode a 10/10 because I Usually give the Start of a New Saga a Good Rating because they are Usually Good. Once I see Part 2 I will give My Rating for it as Well Ok Everybody . It REALLY WAS GREAT that I Reviewed the Start of a New Saga and Region.

I think this is my favorite start of a new Pokemon series. Satoshi was in-character, including the whole doing-anything-to-save-Pokemon, TR was also in-character, Citron and Yurika don't seem to be that boring (plus I can only vaguely hear Eren in Yuki Kaji's voice acting, he's pretty good!), no abused fire starter, Serena is super adorable, and Keromatsu recognized TR. Isn't that the first time since TR cheered for Satoshi?

Bashaamo did feel rather random, though. I hope we'll see more of that trainer in future episodes.

I had high expectations for this episode, and I am very satisfied. Loved it, absolutely loved it. The intros were great, the battle was fantastic to start off the series. Well animated, strategy was used, both sides looked competent. Froakie was god damn fantastic. Wicked personality, suits Ash so well. If Froakie doesn't evolve I would be very surprised. Ahhh, faith in the series restored. Keep it up guys!

I think that might be one of the best intro's into a series we've had. Up there with OS and DP Intro's I reckon. Can't wait till next weeks ep

It was nice how it started with Fletchling flying around and into Serena's room to peck and wake her up, similar to how the games start. The battle between Ash and Clemont was enjoyable, his Bunnelby is really strong and cute. Serena's reaction to Fletchling was priceless and was funny when she was having trouble with Rhyhorn.

Glad to see Ash catch Froakie in the 2nd episode after everything that happened. It was nice to see Froakie completely recognizing Team Rocket in their disguise, something Ash and company rarely do. Ash's reactions to not being able to go to the Gym, and then getting shocked and thrown out of the Prism Tower were priceless. Bonnie sure does think all of the Pokemon are cute so far.

I loved this two-parter. Satoshi's competent again - I loved how he tricked Citron into having his Horubby use its ears to block Pikachu's Iron Tail attack, making it unable to use them anymore - though I will say that his over-enthusiasm about seeing all these new pokemon in the beginning started to get a bit grating toward the end. Citron was pretty funny with the whole "having to carry everyone's backpacks" thing, and Eureka actually managed to be cute without ever seeping into "annoying little kid" territory. And the Rocket trio! They were in-character, they kicked ass, they were integral to the plots of both episodes...please keep it up, writers!!

The only thing I didn't *really* like were some of the music choices. I wish there had been less music from the Keldeo movie and more original XY stuff.

Do we have any idea when the lock 8s ending?? I really wanna see all the info on the main site :).

Anyways, so happy that Ash captured Froakie finally and even happier that he is getting Fletchling the nedt episode ^_^!!!

In my eyes, this new saga seems very promising and a lot better than BW! I loved the second episode and Serena is just incredibly beautiful!! I already love this character.

The team rocket was perfectly in-characters.

I reconcile myself with the anime ;)

The first two episodes were pretty awesome and set a good start for XY. I love how funny Team Rocket is back for good (not to mention Wobbuffet). Ash being competent again is also really nice. I also really liked Clement and Bonnie's characters. Bonnie's reaction to Pikachu in particular was really funny. I also like the way they introduced Serena. Overall, these two episodes make me look forward to what XY will bring to the table and also to more of Clement, Bonnie, and Serena.

Ok, the second part was a lot more interesting, but I remind myself we were led on by TR just like this in BW. I must admit it shows some promise. I will continue on, but this thing still has a lot to do before I am convinced.

I really liked these episodes! They had a nice mix of action and plot advancement. It's good to see Satoshi has retained his old skill, even if his over excitement got a little annoying. One thing that bothers me is how everyone is saying that these are the best beginning episodes for any region. Isn't that what everyone said about Best Wishes?

DEM REALISTIC CARS

The episodes were a great start for the series. Serena is funny and looks like her mother want Serena to be a racer as well. Clemont and Bonnie were very well handled, too. And WHAT!? Ash uses a smart strategy! YES!!!
The battle between Pikachu and Bunnelby was pretty exciting and Wobbuffet battling them (More like countering) was a nice touch.

And yeah Froakie knows TR even when they are disguised.

I cannot stress this enough

I LOVED THIS EPISODE!!

Makes it worth putting up with best wishes for all those years for this!! well worth it

Simply amazing.

Alright My Review for Part 2 now that I have seen the the second Part. This Episode WAS EVEN BETTER THAN THE FIRST PART.

Ash again was really Good I Think and Infeel Like when he was Talking with the Garchomp without Battling, I Think he was Using the Skills he Learned from N I Personally think and he was Great.

Clemont and Bonnie have Impressed Me, I am actually Looking Forward to them Now. Clemont using the Aipom Arm was Great.

My Favorite Starter of Kalos, Froakie was JUST AMAZING, This Character of Froakie made. Me even Like Froakie even more and I am going to Enjoy him. From the Start I REALLY WANTED Ash to get Froakie and My Wish and Dream has Come True.

Professor Sycamore was Good I Think.

Team Rocket just Awesome as Ever I Personally think and Meowth on top of Wobbuffet while Wearng the Disguise=FTW it is was Priceless.

The Garchomp was Cool and He Cared and was NOT Trying to Destroy the City, it hada Collar that was Hurting Him.

Serena, Again was. Great with her Limited Role and Appearance but I Liked it anyway and Her Riding the Ryhorn= LOL, FTW, ROFL.

I Give this Yet another 10/10 Second time Today and in a Row but I Just Loved this Episode. I Can't wait for More CY Episodes because this was a Good Start to a Great Saga.

One thing that bothers me is how everyone is saying that these are the best beginning episodes for any region. Isn't that what everyone said about Best Wishes?
Nope, they didn't as far as I remember. Pikachu didn't lose against a starter Pokémon from a rookie Trainer this time.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom