• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

XY003: Keromatsu VS Yayakoma! Air Mobile Battle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
XY003: Keromatsu VS Yayakoma! Air Mobile Battle!!
ケロマツVSヤヤコマ! 空中起動バトル!

LjL1QM2.png

Last edited:
Re: XY003

This is either Ash catching a random Fletchling or Ash vs Serena. I hope it's the latter.

I hope this is an Ash vs. Serena episode since it's been implied that Serena owns a Fletchling. If not, I'm okay with this being a capture episode where Ash gets his own Fletchling. Either way I'm glad Froakie's being showcased.

If Ash does catch this Fletchling, I'd just like to note that this is the first time since AG that a regional bird Ash catches is actually getting its own focus episode. Starly and Pidove were just caught along the way with no focus whatsoever.

I'm fairly happy with either scenario though I do have a bit of a soft spot for Satoshi and the regional birds...

FYI...the kanji in Playerking's post doesn't match what's shown in the magazine. The correct title should read 空中動バトル!, not 空中動バトル!

I hope this is Serena's Pokemon, she deserves it and I'd like it if the writers would shake it up a bit and have the chick get the regional bird for once. Might be wishful thinking since it seems like Serena is on the sidelines while Satoshi battles. Viola looks great and I'm glad Yayakamo is taking on a gym leader from the get-go. I wonder if the multiple Horubii are a result of Double Team? Citron looks awesome of course. Needless to say it all looks XtradionarY.

I would love to see Ash not wasting a team slot with the regional bird this time, specially since Talonflame looks like a mess, but sadly I think the bird will his and not Serena's. Fletching being Serena's and Ash catching a Spritzee instead of would be so freaking great! :| Anyway, can't wait to see Froakie in a serious fight :) I am glad it will likely be one of Ash's Pokémon in Kalos.

Dat Yayakoma in the preview!!! *____*

I'll be so devastated when it will ultimately evolve into Faiaro. But this episodes sounds interesting. I hope that the writers won't troll us like in BW though, when they made us think that the early focus and capture of Mijumaru foreshadowed its importance in the team. I would really like if Keromatsu is the only starter that Satoshi gets this generation and that it will ultimately evolve.

So Serena has Fletchling after all, after that new trailer came out... Also, that is the episode I'm looking for in the English Dub in 2014 on Cartoon Network! Oooh! Can't Wait!

So... Ash seems to use Froakie and Fletchling against Viola. Serena is seen with a Fletchling and apparently battles Ash in a Froakie vs Fletchling battle... I'm confused. Maybe Froakie vs Fletchling is a capture and Ash vs Serena is something else...?

So... Ash seems to use Froakie and Fletchling against Viola. Serena is seen with a Fletchling and apparently battles Ash in a Froakie vs Fletchling battle... I'm confused. Maybe Froakie vs Fletchling is a capture and Ash vs Serena is something else...?
There is no Ash VS Serena.

- Ash gets Froakie.
- Ash gets Fletchling
- Ash VS Viola; uses Fletchling, Pikachu and I guess Froakie

There is no Ash VS Serena.

- Ash gets Froakie.
- Ash gets Fletchling
- Ash VS Viola; uses Fletchling, Pikachu and I guess Froakie

I thought someone said Ash vs Serena? Mistranslation?

This way makes much more sense, and it sounds great.

Ash gets Froakie 1st couple of eps. Froakie battles Fletching in the 3rd ep. Ash Catches it. Somewhere down the line they all battle Viola.

Done.

I'm Actually happy about Ash getting the bird this time. Mainly because it Evolves into a sweet looking specimen, and its Fire/Flying. Bit of a shake up from previous Regional birds.

I'm keen to see Froakie in action. Should be sweet. Looking forward to this ep

It's pretty safe to say that Ash will catch the wild Fletchling using his recently-caught Froakie. Especially since, unless Serena also does Gym Battles, he'll be using Pikachu and Fletchling (and maybe Froakie, depending on the Gym's "rules") against Viola. This should be interesting. The animation is flawless so far, no stock footage plaguing the battles, nice little added details here and there. Pretty sweet. I must say, XY is really doing a good job, and all we've seen are trailers so far. And if Ash does end up with a Talonflame (most likely that's the case), it'll probably be a prime fighter like Swellow and Staraptor. And it's nice to see the early birdie getting some attention, since, as others have said, Pidove and Starly were kinda caught on a whim situations.

Overall, I am quite pleased with what I've seen up to this point. Epicness at its finest is coming our way (for a change).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom