• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

XY005: Gym Leader Viola Appears!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: XY00? Ash VS Viola?

Did anyone notices that there are some white/greyish parts on the trees on the outside of the battlefield? I wonder what it is, at first I thought Cocoons and then I thought it was some netting, now it looks a bit like Ice.

I'm thinking that it's either Froakie's Ice Beam or one of Viola's Bug type's String Shot.

Looks like web to me, though I'd have nothing against that being ice.

I think it is web as well and Froakie doesn't really learn Ice Beam. Well, maybe it does, but we don't know that yet.

Btw, that new Solar Beam animation is sexy.

Honestly I'm pumped for this. Pikachu, Froakie and Fletchling VS Viola, that sounds awesome. I'm just curious at who Viola has aside from Vivillion.

Honestly I'm pumped for this. Pikachu, Froakie and Fletchling VS Viola, that sounds awesome. I'm just curious at who Viola has aside from Vivillion.

Well so far we only know of one bug pokemon so maybe some older pokemon?? I don't want her to have Vivillion's prevos.

Well so far we only know of one bug pokemon so maybe some older pokemon?? I don't want her to have Vivillion's prevos.

That would be a little dull but only if they are as limited as most unevolved Bug types are. The only worry I really have is if Fletchling loses without getting a win because using past series as a base for this prediction Fletchling will probably not get any wins until it evolves.

That would be a little dull but only if they are as limited as most unevolved Bug types are. The only worry I really have is if Fletchling loses without getting a win because using past series as a base for this prediction Fletchling will probably not get any wins until it evolves.

Well technically Pidove pretty much beat Snivy lol.

True. xD But I was going more along in Trainer battles I mean Starly and Pidove both got easily pwned by Paul and Trip while Taillow lost to a Roselia and a Machop. :(

True. xD But I was going more along in Trainer battles I mean Starly and Pidove both got easily pwned by Paul and Trip while Taillow lost to a Roselia and a Machop. :(

Ya, for some reason the writers hate the basic form birds xD.

Thankfully Pidgeotto and Noctowl were able to escape that fate.

Well they were evolved birds. xD Though as a bird Pokemon if you're not losing battles then you're not getting used at all. :(

Well they were evolved birds. xD Though as a bird Pokemon if you're not losing battles then you're not getting used at all. :(

Hey now, Swellow kicked ass lol.

I wonder what other Pokémon Viola will be using then, unless they are making of their fight another Ash vs Roxie.

Ash definitely didn't say Pikachu, any of the starters (Harimaron, Fokko, Keromatsu), or Fletchling (Yayakoma), when he told his pokemon "not to give up."

The pokemon's name sounds similar to Faiaro, but it's not exactly the same. The last part of the name is "aro," so it might be Fletchling's intermediate form, if one exists.

Don't forget Staraptor. While Starly didn't get too many early wins, Staraptor was able to beat Paul's Honchkrow right after evolving, and had some other impressive wins under his belt even as just a Staravia, such as Maylene's Machoke and Meditite, and Paul's Weavile. Plus he had Close Combat and a major power move, so he fared very well.

Anyway, this is getting interesting. Smooth, crisp animation, no flashy stock footage plaguing the battle, and some nice extra touches (like loosing some feathers). And it makes me wonder if Fletchling will evolve during this Gym Battle. Like @Ampharos King; said, it didn't sound like any of the known Japanese Pokemon names Ash stated during the battle. Could it be possible that Fletchling will evolve in a last-ditch attempt to win? And, knowing how sudden-evolution-during-battles work, if that's the case, it'll probably end up as a come back from behind win. Things are getting good. I'm really eager now. It just can't come soon enough.

Staraptor did too but those two were special cases. xD Swellow only really suffered from a poor moveset. The best bird was Staraptor overall. Though if handled right I can see Talonflame surpassing its predecessors.

I thought Pidgeot was Ash's best bird.

I wanted Ash to get all 3 starters, but seeing as he's getting Fletchling/Talonflame (unless Fletchling is a split evolution Pokemon, which I doubt), that kinda puts a damper on Fennekin :(

I thought Pidgeot was Ash's best bird.

I wanted Ash to get all 3 starters, but seeing as he's getting Fletchling/Talonflame (unless Fletchling is a split evolution Pokemon, which I doubt), that kinda puts a damper on Fennekin :(

I would say Pidgeot was his best but it never really got any real battle to show his worthiness of that title especially since he was released immediately after he evolved.

Ash caught Oshawott and Palpitoad (two Water-types), Snivy and Sweaddle (two Grass-types) and at some point, he had both Pignite and Charizard (two Fire-types) in his team. I take he doesn't care much about having more than one Pokémon of a certain type in his team (and he is right btw), so he might as well catch both Fennekin and Fletchling. That being said, I hope he doesn't catch more than one starter. Every time he catches all three, his team ends up being terrible (specially in Johto and Unova). I really hope he catches only one, like in AG.

Ash caught Oshawott and Palpitoad (two Water-types), Snivy and Sweaddle (two Grass-types) and at some point, he had both Pignite and Charizard (two Fire-types) in his team. I take he doesn't care much about having more than one Pokémon of a certain type in his team (and he is right btw), so he might as well catch both Fennekin and Fletchling. That being said, I hope he doesn't catch more than one starter. Every time he catches all three, his team ends up being terrible (specially in Johto and Unova). I really hope he catches only one, like in AG.

His Johto team was decent, and his Unova team could have been better with better utilization of rotation and/or less Pokemon.

Ash caught Oshawott and Palpitoad (two Water-types), Snivy and Sweaddle (two Grass-types) and at some point, he had both Pignite and Charizard (two Fire-types) in his team. I take he doesn't care much about having more than one Pokémon of a certain type in his team (and he is right btw), so he might as well catch both Fennekin and Fletchling. That being said, I hope he doesn't catch more than one starter. Every time he catches all three, his team ends up being terrible (specially in Johto and Unova). I really hope he catches only one, like in AG.[/FONT]

I'm thinking that Ash will at most get two starters (Froakie and Chespin) while Serena gets Fennekin. I also think that Ash might get a Litleo since imo it fits him better then Fennekin did.

Though for this episode I think at most he will only have caught Froakie and Fletchling or maybe a Chespin as well but if he did have Chespin I think he might have used it.

His Johto team was decent, and his Unova team could have been better with better utilization of rotation and/or less Pokemon.

Seriously? Having all three (four with Bulbasaur) starters unevolved is far from being decent. His Johto team was hands down the worst he ever had. As of his his Unova team, what totally ruined it, besides the lack of evolutions, was the damn rotation. I really hope Ash catches only five or six (at most) Pokémon in Kalos, like he used to do before Best Wishes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom