• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

XY005: Gym Leader Viola Appears!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vivillon will probably taken down both Pikachu and Fletchling, or each of her Pokemon take each one down.

Dance Battle? Maybe Tierno is the referee?

That would be great to see, he would dance before and after the battle :-D. It could also be referring to a move from Vivillon.

By dance I'm pretty sure they are referring to Vivillion's potential use of Quiver Dance.

By dance I'm pretty sure they are referring to Vivillion's potential use of Quiver Dance.

Most likely just referring to Vivillion's elegance and style of battling since Viola is a photographer.

Wow, I hadn't even noticed TR aren't set for this episode. That's just awesome that they aren't going to be in every episode, I was pleasantly surprised that Noivern and Fennekin are set to appear here. Dedenne, Pikachu and Fletchling appearing was seen coming imo. Can't wait to see the training between Ash and Alexa.

Preview
- Pikachu and Vivillon battle.
- Viola sends out Surskit.

[video=youtube;Q5N2Fj1qQ0s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5N2Fj1qQ0s[/video]

Oh, so the gang is meeting up with Serena this ep. I'm guessing that'll take half the ep, and the remainder will be spent on the start of the battle.

Anyway, I'm glad XY is returning to DP style of making moves appear potentially life threatening. I'm a bit confused on who's fighting this ep, just Pikachu and Fletchling? Kinda surprised Froakie's not in there.

Good to see Viola looks strong.

Although Ash loses, it does seem like it's going to be a good battle for the first one. I wonder what the beam attacks Vivillon and Surskit were using are. Looks like Vivillon uses Confusion on Yayakoma.

Everyone will probably meet up at the Professor's Lab, and then the Gym battle will finish the episode. It might be a cliffhanger, or it ends just as Ash loses and is upset.

The referee sure looks funny in that Bug-type outfit.

Although Ash loses, it does seem like it's going to be a good battle for the first one. I wonder what the beam attacks Vivillon and Surskit were using are. Looks like Vivillon uses Confusion on Yayakoma.

Everyone will probably meet up at the Professor's Lab, and then the Gym battle will finish the episode. It might be a cliffhanger, or it ends just as Ash loses and is upset.

The referee sure looks funny in that Bug-type outfit.

I wouldn't go so far as to say ash would lose this battle because the trailer doesn't actually show him losing.Also, he's been through battles where his pokemon got beat around more than what was shown in this trailer and still won. Although if he does lose this battle I will be really disappointed. I really hate it when ash loses his first gym battle in said gym's region.

A moment there in the newest preview. I thought that the black haired girl was a gym trainer. And Ash would actually have to battle gym trainers first like in the games. But then it hit me...is probably the judge. Ah well.
And it probably wouldn't be a good idea. It would take to long if that would happen. Its better that they focus on the Gym leader instead.
But anyway, can't wait to see this episode! It looks interesting :)

I'm thinking cliffhanger, Striaton style (but without the anti-climatic "resolution" and the rest of the episode being about TR hijacking another villain team's plot). We've had two episode gym battle before.

I wouldn't go so far as to say ash would lose this battle because the trailer doesn't actually show him losing.Also, he's been through battles where his pokemon got beat around more than what was shown in this trailer and still won. Although if he does lose this battle I will be really disappointed. I really hate it when ash loses his first gym battle in said gym's region.

I don't know if you want the battle outcome to be a surprise or not, so I'll put it in a spoiler.
He does lose. The next episode is him training for his rematch

Smash Preview
- One of Viola's Pokemon fires a pink beam.
- Bonnie jumps up as she cheers Ash on.
- Vivillon goes to fire an attack.

[video=youtube;bILhqLJhkko]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bILhqLJhkko[/video]

Last edited:
Viola's Surskit knows Protect, Psybeam, and Ice Beam.

Viola's Vivillon knows Psychic, Solarbeam, and Gust.

Another Preview. Mostly nothing new.
Nice use of ice-beam by Viola, she seems very powerful for the first gym leader.

[video=youtube;USNxnW4MKso]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USNxnW4MKso[/video]

Last edited:
I wonder how Serena will join with the others. I'm imagining she reaches the gym when the battle already started, hence why she is with Bonnie, Clemont and Alexa and Ash doesn't seem to be noticing her a lot. Then I think she will step in and talk to Ash when he loses, to comfort him. I believe we saw in one of the series previews a scene with Serena giving Ash a handkerchief thing on a Gym field, but I'm not certainly sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom