• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

XY005: Gym Leader Viola Appears!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
I think I saw something like a gym match between Ash and Violva.

She used that Butterfly Pokemon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: XY00? Ash VS Viola?

And Serena was there, watching the battle alongside all the others.

The battle looked really awesome. I'm happy Ash is getting Fletchling, and not to mention that he finally takes advantage of the battle by using it against a Bug-type gym. I'm excited. :> Oh, and Vivillon looks really good!

[video=youtube;-DPulIQYTv4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DPulIQYTv4[/video]

And Serena was there, watching the battle alongside all the others.

The battle looked really awesome. I'm happy Ash is getting Fletchling, and not to mention that he finally takes advantage of the battle by using it against a Bug-type gym. I'm excited. :> Oh, and Vivillon looks really good!

Fletching is confirmed for Ash?? OMFG YAY!!!!!

Wait, so Ash is getting two badges within the first five or so episodes?

Wow. That's fast.

Wait, so Ash is getting two badges within the first five or so episodes?

Wow. That's fast.
No, where did you get that? He's likely only getting Viola's badge.

What about Clemont? He's facing Ash, the VS scene clearly revealed it.

I would have like to see Ash NOT catching a regional bird for once, but if he catching Fletchling means Charizard might not appear much in XY, then hell yes! Vivillon looks great in the video, as does Bunnelby using Dig. Also, the versus screen looks so awesome and exciting:

WQIiQHx.png

I like the little touches in animation, when Fletchling flew up some of its feathers dropped. ^^

Also, no flashy/stock footage backgrounds so far, everything looks so good.

Clemont's Dig/Double Team strategy is brilliant imo.

Wow... Absolutely flawless. Every time I see a new trailer I get so pumped.

At first when I saw Fletching in the battle I was: "Viola has a Fletching?!" But then I realized it was Ash's which made a lot more sense. Talking about Fletching, it looked amazing moving around on the battle field. Clemont's Bunnelby's movements also look really great, and I loved Clemont's strategy.

Ugh... Everything is just so great I can't wait!! .___.

I think that I have just died, went to poke-paradise and then came back to life!

Awesomeness much? Just imagine if the XY anime made even the blandest pokemon Horubi ( at least to me ) awesome then I think it is safe to assume that this is likely going to be the most amazing poekmon anime ever.

and dat Bibyion!!!! *_____* And dat Yayakoma!!! <3 <3

The versus screen looks so awesome and exciting:
WQIiQHx.png

Hope the same for Viola. Also, Clem, I want a Bunnelby named after you! Back to topic, Ash should catch Fletchling like other Generations, You have shiny Noctowl in Johto, Swellow in Hoenn, Staraptor in Sinnoh and Unfezant in Unova, cuz you have to have every starting bird in every generation. IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE!

EDIT: SERENA caught FLETCHLING, NOT ASH!

Last edited:

Ash uses Pikachu and Fletchling.

Viola uses Vivillon.

Ash seemingly uses another pokemon as well, since he calls out its name when he says "Don't give up, ______!"

Viola uses Vivillon.

Ash seemingly uses another pokemon as well, since he calls out its name when he says "Don't give up, ______!"

I wonder what other Pokémon Viola will be using then, unless they are making of their fight another Ash vs Roxie.

I'm still hoping the Fletchling is Serena's, and she challenged Viola to a pseudo sky battle because Vivillion is flying type. And that episode three is Ash versus Serena. I don't think anything actually confirmed Ash was commanding it, right?

Incidentally, no matter how nice the VS screen looks, I still think using them in the anime is a bit absurd. :p

I'm still hoping the Fletchling is Serena's, and she challenged Viola to a pseudo sky battle because Vivillion is flying type. And that episode three is Ash versus Serena. I don't think anything actually confirmed Ash was commanding it, right?

Incidentally, no matter how nice the VS screen looks, I still think using them in the anime is a bit absurd. :p
It's highly likely that it's Ash's, to be honest.

Plus, if Serena was really involved in episode three, she would definitely be mentioned in the title. I mean, it WOULD be her debut episode. So yeah, it's more likely that the Fletchling is Ash's. And I'm happy that it is his because the previous two birds didn't get episodes focused on their captures (Starly and Pidove were simply captured with no extra focus), but this one is, and we haven't had that since Taillow. That makes me hopeful about this bird not getting shafted as much as Ash's Unfezant was.

And let me just say that I'm thrilled Ash is using his Fletchling.

I never understood why he didn't use his newly evolved Tranquill against Burgh because it would have made the gym battle for him hundred times easier. And Fletchling looks amazing in the preview, the animation and the angles all look great and I really like the new Solarbeam animation.

Viola uses Vivillon.

I wonder what other Pokémon Viola will be using then, unless they are making of their fight another Ash vs Roxie.

Please don't put that out into the universe haha

So we have Wing Attack and Fury Attack/Peck as Fletchling's move set as of now. Add in Flame Charge and a special move and you have a pretty good move set.

Hopefully Pikachu doesn't steal this gym from Fletchling like he did for Tranquil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom