• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

XY007: Leave it to Serena!? The Charging Sihorn Race

Status
Not open for further replies.
She might start out hating Rhyhorn Racing, but maybe after the race in this episode she will start to like it. It could be possible that the reason she didn't enjoy it was that she wasn't good at it. Most likely she won't win the race, but will show improvement from when she started.

If she still doesn't like it afterwards, she'll probably doubt herself and wonder if she should continue with it.

Although, maybe there isn't a race in this episode and she is just training and getting ready for an upcoming one.

Re: XY007: Serena's race (tentative)

If this episode confirms that Serena's main goal is to be a Pokemon Rider, the chances of her getting a Delphox has just gone out the window.

How?

Ponyta, Rapidash, Arcanine, Gogoat and Skiddo are pretty obvious.

Sihorn racing seems to be just exclusive to that, Sihorn, unfortunately. I really hope racing isn't her goal, if it is there's real point to her having a Fokko since she'd just squash the baby fox. Plus racing would get repetitive and boring really really fast if they're seen ever so often.

I doubt this will be Serena's goal.

Me too. From what I've seen so far it doesn't really seems like the reason for her practicing for Rhyhorn racing is that she enjoys doing them, it actually looks more like she does it just because her mother wants her to do so.

Oh boy, Serena doing something because of her mom is reminding me so much of Dawn, and you know how I disliked Dawn. Besides, if Serena was into racing, it would get boring quickly, but hey, at least she's not another Coordinator, because if she was I would lose all hope for the character.

To be fair, there aren't any races in the games if I recall, so I wouldn't see this promoting any game aspects like contests did.

If this episode confirms that Serena's main goal is to be a Pokemon Rider, the chances of her getting a Delphox has just gone out the window.

How?

To be fair, regardless if Serena gets a Fennekin or not (and you know she will), I highly doubt it to even evolve to a Braixen, let alone all the way to Delphox, and the reason is because it seems like Fennekin is to be one of those cute girly-appeal Pokemon to sell plush dolls and nothing more.

To be fair, regardless if Serena gets a Fennekin or not (and you know she will), I highly doubt it to even evolve to a Braixen, let alone all the way to Delphox, and the reason is because it seems like Fennekin is to be one of those cute girly-appeal Pokemon to sell plush dolls and nothing more.

And Braixen (at least) isn't?

I'd say Fennekin's cute but not that cute. More like on Torchic levels. Definitely no Oshawott.

The difference being Dawn was interested in contests. Serena, at least at first, shows no interest in Rhyhorn racing.

Seriously though, Chespin seems to be the cutie of this gen. Braixen at least looks girly, and since its humanoid, Serena could use it as a model.

Oh wait. Forgot she can't even look at fashion since only one girl can like fashion.

For some reason the book "Unsafe at any speed" came to my mind when i heard about this episode. i sure hope Serena wears the proper safety gear unlike in the second episode. Although i am curious if that ryhorn has one of those turbocharged ecoboost engines under the hood?

Yay! I have the vibe we might get a shirtless Clemont scene (locker rooms). Clemont might change in and out of his jumpsuit then take a shower after the Rhyhorn race. Or we might have to wait two more episodes after this one if not.

This is a kids show... o_O
But if that's what you say, how come we get boys wearing swimtrunks with no body cover? Why did we get shirtless Cilan? We got Ash showering in "The Ignorance is Blissey". Of course they'll show him in his underwear or shirtless.

Kids show my foot, director pretty much said switching girls was for the male fan base in an interview along time ago if I remember right, I hope that changes though since they'be been breaking a lot of traditions as of late but...

Yah, they seem to want to please the female fan base too, Ash must have a lot of fan girls cuz he seems to get the most out of the guys LOL.

Any ways, she could switch goals like what happened with May later on down the road.

All this talk about Fennekin evolving has no purpose in this thread, so please leave it out of this thread.

I'm hoping Serena will challenge the gyms, get badges and enter the pokemon league with racing being an occasional thing she does along the way
and i really want her to get a delphox

Summaries from bluesun -->

"As Satoshi and friends arrive near Sumiru Village, where a Saihorn Race is held, he finds out that the race is open to anyone, and so decides to participate. Serena attempts to coach him for the race, but..."

"As Satoshi and friends arrive near Sumiru Village, where a Saihorn Race is held, he finds out that the race is open to anyone, and so decides to participate. Serena coaches him on how to ride, and the race finally begins, but due to a trap set on the course by Team Rocket, the race is thrown into shambles midway."

Sounds like that racing episode from Kanto I believe. Though hopefully this will have more effect on the plot since Serena knows a lot about racing and we could find out if she wants to do this or something else.

旅を続けるサトシたちは、スミル村の近くまでやってきた。この村でカロス地方のおなじみのスポーツである
サイホーンレースが開催されると知ったサトシは、飛び入り参加を決意。母親がサイホーンレーサーである
セレナをコーチ役にレースに臨むが、ロケット団が仕掛けた罠でレースをめちゃくちゃにされてしまう。
面出 内田 内田 尼野

The VA List.

Ash
Serena
Clemont
Bonnie
Pikachu
Dedenne
Jessie
James
Meowth
Wobbuffet
Bunnelby
Inkay
Rhyhorn
Grace
Officer Jenny

Last edited:
Preview
- Fennekin uses Ember.
- A bunch of Rhyhorn lick Serena.
- Ash rides a Rhyhorn.
- Another flashback.

[video=youtube;YrzFVa52_G4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrzFVa52_G4[/video]

This Looks to be Good I Think, Ash and Serena Interactions will be Big along with their Shippers but I Could be Wrong, but I Think I will Like this Filler.

This Looks to be Good I Think, Ash and Serena Interactions will be Big along with their Shippers but I Could be Wrong, but I Think I will Like this Filler.

How is it a filler?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom