• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

XY007: Leave it to Serena!? The Charging Sihorn Race

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Looks to be Good I Think, Ash and Serena Interactions will be Big along with their Shippers but I Could be Wrong, but I Think I will Like this Filler.

How is it a filler?

Well U are Correct because I Don't know for Sure it maybe an Episode that is of Importance but I Don't Know for Sure but Yeah now I am Thinking it's NOT A Filler.

Every XY episode cant be a filler now, seeing as every episode will likely include a shipping hint for serena and ash.

Pretty sure XY008 is supposed to be our first filler (it's gotta come in soon otherwise we'll have to endure a long stretch of filler later).

I just really hope Serena sorts out what exactly she's planning to do in this episode, even if it's as simple as rejecting Rhyhorn racing and touring the region. I know May took longer but I'm impatient this gen.

Looks like Ash is going to have a rough start, and then finish strong. Would be odd if he actually wins the race instead of Serena or neither of them winning.

Pretty funny seeing all of those Rhyhorn licking Serena.

Looks like Ash is going to have a rough start, and then finish strong. Would be odd if he actually wins the race instead of Serena or neither of them winning.

I'm hoping Ash doesn't win. It seems like it's a series tradition to have him win races, I guess because he's "the speed guy", but it's getting overdone by now.

There are a few things I want to see in this episode, first Serena expressing her true goals while impressing her mom, second ash actually doing well in the race(maybe winning) plus the potential for races to become solid as part of the plot, three Ash showing some signs of remembering Serena, and four I hope that Grace shows some of her racing knowledge. I expect big things from this episode and I think it will deliver.

I'm really looking forward to this episode, the adorable ness and my love for the Ash x Serena pairing explodes more each episode, never thought I'd be a shipper again :)

The preview for next week's episode makes me think we'll get to see Ash's reckless side in this episode. Hopefully we'll get to see some hilarious moments centering around Ash in this episode.

That said, hopefully it will not be a rehash of The Flame Pokemon-athon!

To be honest I am really excited to see ryhorn races, it is a component that i wish somehow was in the games, but I also agree with so many who hope that this is not just another race episode, mainly because they have become redundant. Although with the way the writers have been going and with their skill for this season I think it could be a great addition to the show and one that differs from contests. I hope that team rocket pose serious threat her and that Serena can really shine here and to see Fenniken in the spotlight as a battler would be great because we have barely seen the little fox pokemon battle at all,so I hope it has some real strengths as well.

The preview for next week's episode makes me think we'll get to see Ash's reckless side in this episode. Hopefully we'll get to see some hilarious moments centering around Ash in this episode.

It probably will be like it to some extent, there's not much they can do with the concept of racing. But is it really that bad? I mean, it aired 16 years ago, it's not like they've been using it every few episodes XD

Masato said:

It probably will be like it to some extent, there's not much they can do with the concept of racing. But is it really that bad? I mean, it aired 16 years ago, it's not like they've been using it every few episodes XD

I'm just saying that the writers should try to avoid writing this episode in away that would make viewers think they are just watching a straight-up rehash of an older episode. That said, even if it is a rehash younger viewers will probably not notice.

If the writers use this episode to advance Serena's goal-searching, then that may make up for this episode being a rehash (if it becomes one).

Last edited:
I'm curious to know if Sihorn racing is Serena's true passion or not. I could see it going either way.

No matter what I'm sure this will be a great episode.

Smash Preview
- Ash admires his riding outfit
- Team Rocket spies on Ash and Serena
- Ash is caught in a net by Team Rocket.

[video=youtube;nrF34qJaUrg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrF34qJaUrg[/video]

Last edited:
This episode looks really fun :D I'm mostly surprised Rhyhorns look to be so fast with how...clunky they appear?

I wonder why Serena isn't racing. Also her face palm towards Ash was hilarious. c:

Interesting how only Ash is shown racing. Serena is probably just going to watch Ash race and decide from watching the race whether she wants to pursue that as a goal afterwards. I hope the reason she is only watching isn't due to injury however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom