• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

XY008: Pokémon Trimmer and Torimian!

Status
Not open for further replies.
why are there never any sources given for these voice actor lists? and why does it say barry when we know barry is not in this episode?

why are there never any sources given for these voice actor lists? and why does it say barry when we know barry is not in this episode?

The source is the TV Tokyo summary
http://k.mobile.tv-tokyo.co.jp/e/epg/ext/20131128_22836.php
In the main site tomorrow at first hour.
@Sunnyhore, you can translate the summary (is recommended).

@Playerking with the VA List a a terrible tendence of doing the character that apears the VA without any explanation of the source, not even the summary that certifies being the TV Tokyo summary.

And what Playerking should do, is that wen he post a name that is shared with an English name of a important character, he should notice that the name is not the people who we know.
Because if that's the case, we could find CotD with katakana of kmore known English characters

Summary translation by Adamant:
A Pokémon Groomer is one who cuts and combs the fur of the Poodle Pokémon Trimien, making it look beautiful. Are Satoshi and friends fighting against heavy odds when they attempt to help the Groomer apprentice Jessica...!?

Summary:
Satoshi and friends have arrived in a new city. Having looked through a guidebook, Serena nows there is a famous Groomer in the area, and is dead set on meeting them. When they get there, they meet the famous Groomer's apprentice Jessca, who tells them of her trouble with a Trimmien who refuses to be groomed by anyone who doesn't treat it as a human being.

Then, another famous (?) Groomer named Mussarie shows up, offering to groom Fokko. Serena hands it over to her, but it soon becomes clear that Mussarie and her assistants are really...!?

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Ikue Ohtani: Pkachu
Mayuki Makiguchi: Serena
Yuki Kaji: Citron
Mariya Ise: Eureka
Megumi Sato: Dedenne
Megumi Hayashibara: Musashi
Shinichiro Miki: Kojiro
Inuko Inuyama: Nyarth
Yuji Ueda: Sonansu
Chinatsu Akasaki: Horubee
Kenta Miyake: Maaiika
Kensuke Sato: Livolt
Chiemi Ishimatsu: Junsa
Haruka Tomatsu: Jessica
Kenji Hamada: Barry
Unsho Ishizuka: Narration

Last edited:
Musarrie is a dead giveaway for we know who.

...Barry!? The character, or just his actor?

Barry is the name of a COTD who will appear in this episode. That's his name for the Japanese episode; it could very well change for international broadcasts.

The Barry you're thinking of is called Jun in the Japanese version, and he has a different voice actor.

Preview
- Ash looks dizzy eyed.
- Team Rocket in their disguises.
- Furfrou fires an attack.

[video=youtube;LdG7qYBD-Yc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdG7qYBD-Yc[/video]

The Kabuki and Le Reine trimmed Furfrou look really cool. Hopefully we'll see more trims as well. Team Rocket's design is interesting, especially with Wobbuffet and Meowth dressed up like girls it looks like. :-D

I think Ash accidentally eats a Tamato Berry or something, since he has those swirly eyes. I think the move Furfrou is using at the end of the preview may be Charge Beam.

Hmm, I thought this episode might be a boring filler, but the preview has gotten my interest. It seems that this episode might reveal more about the culture of Kalos (lol at the fashionable people). There also seems to be some chance of seeing some good human-Pokemon interaction.

This episode is going to be worth it PURELY for that Sonansu cosplay!!!

I wasn't really looking forward to this episode but now that I've finally seen the preview I'm fhahghg pretty excited. I've slowly become more attached to Furfrou as time went on so seeing an episode dedicated to one is so very welcome! Bring it on!

(And hnn the dress up scenes, ahahah. xD;;)

[video=youtube;xQQv8S8IN6w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQQv8S8IN6w[/video]

I do have to wonder if Fennekin whimpering after sexy Wobbuffet was done on purpose...

..stupid sexy Wobbuffet....

...like he's wearing nothing at all...nothing at all....nothing at all...

Wobbuffet sure looks funny in that rainbow afro, looks like it'll be wearing several different disguises in this episode. Now that Furfrou's attack is fully shown, it certainly does look a lot like Charge Beam. A stick is a weird thing to try and break that cage with. :p

I could see this episode being the atypical grooming episode where either the shop has a rival but its student doesent shine until her pokemons inner beauty really comes out, or the tpyical main character showing a trainer how to bond with her pokemon. But what i would really like to see is Serena helping the trainer I the furfrou trainer coming up with a original trimming design, while the furfrou could just be rambuntious and wild and through Serena finally allows its trainer giving it an original hair cut, and ten everyone leaving happy like so many pokemon episodes...

Ok just watched the new trailer just posted, wobbafette you are certainly on rare kind of pokemon....just rare. But to be honest seeing wobbafette in longhair and modeling is just awesome, just simpy awesome. Also nice to see fennikens first kidnapping and Team Rocket having new tech and real vainity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: XY008: Torimian (tentative)

Translation:

"The Pokemon Trimmer and Trimmien!"

Satoshi and his friends meet the disciple of a "Carisma Trimmer" named Jessica just as they're about to leave some town. Jessica tells our heroes that Trimmien won't acknowledge its human nature and therefore won't allow itself to have its fur trimmed.

"Human nature"? What?

a Trimmien who refuses to be groomed by anyone who doesn't treat it as a human being.

O..kay? That's a bit weird.

...Barry!? The character, or just his actor?

What? I said Barry and I didn't say it was that Barry. It would make no sense for him to appear in this episode.

There have been sources been given in the past, but considering myself and Nymphia never post fake information like the VA lists, then why would a source need to be given? And I never said it was that Barry, they've uses the same name for multiple characters before.

@Playerking with the VA List a a terrible tendence of doing the character that apears the VA without any explanation of the source, not even the summary that certifies being the TV Tokyo summary.

And what Playerking should do, is that wen he post a name that is shared with an English name of a important character, he should notice that the name is not the people who we know.
Because if that's the case, we could find CotD with katakana of kmore known English characters

1. That is not how you use the mention notification.

2. I haven't used the source in ages, but by now, people usually know what the source is and I never lie.

3. I don't post the summary because it's in Japanese and that sometimes messes up the entire post and I lately I have forgotten to add the translations because I have other stuff to do, or I just forget because I haven't done it in a while.

4. Please don't tell me what to do.

5. It is obvious that it is not the same barry.

6. The lists has the Japanese names, not the english names and the list says Barry and not Jun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom