• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

XY008: Pokémon Trimmer and Torimian!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: XY008: Torimian (tentative)

Awesome! It's great to see an episode of my now favorite Pokémon so early in the series! I hope we get to see some of its trims (Please show the Pharoah trim!).

It sounds like the first filler episode for the series to me. So I need to have expectations to it, which means, not needlessly forcing Team Rocket into the trouble. The fillers for early Best Wishes were pretty good in doing that and some turned out to have an interesting plot (like the Gothitelle or Elgyem ones), so I hope the writters still can manage to do this.

Not too interested by this. I am not too interested of the pokemon itself, so...
But after seeing a bit of focus on Torimian(forgot the english name)in a trailer, it will maybe be captured by a main character. I would bet on Serena.

Torimian would make sense for Serena given her interest in fashion, I'm kinda surprised they'd give her two canines though.

Furfrou is one of my favorite Gen VI Pokemon so i'm looking well forward to this episode.

Last edited:

This is the first filler in XY. Please let this ep be funny at least.

Lol I can see Bonnie's "date the girl" running gag being introduced. I almost forgot about it. They might meet Jessica (I found out the Torimian belongs to a groomer) through Bonnie pulling Clemont over to her (I saw Bonnie pulling onto Clemont in a preview (go to 0:21) maybe it comes from that episode because she wanted Clemont to couple up with her, that's my obvious reason why she's trying to get Clemont to go that's how little kids get their parents to go where they want them to). That sounds like this will be a funny episode.

Last edited:

Translation:

"The Pokemon Trimmer and Trimmien!"

Satoshi and his friends meet the disciple of a "Carisma Trimmer" named Jessica just as they're about to leave some town. Jessica tells our heroes that Trimmien won't acknowledge its human nature and therefore won't allow itself to have its fur trimmed.

The next person to mention the word "filler" is getting a swift kick up the ass.

Why is a Pokemon that doesn't want to get a trim a problem that needs solving? It's not like there's going to be a bunch of Joltik growing in it.

To jump to wild conclusions before there's any info on the episode - isn't that the opposite message from that original series episode with Vulpix?

Translation:

"The Pokemon Trimmer and Trimmien!"

Satoshi and his friends meet the disciple of a "Carisma Trimmer" named Jessica just as they're about to leave some town. Jessica tells our heroes that Trimmien won't acknowledge its human nature and therefore won't allow itself to have its fur trimmed.
This sounds strange. Looks a bit boring to me.

Why is a Pokemon that doesn't want to get a trim a problem that needs solving? It's not like there's going to be a bunch of Joltik growing in it.

Who knows? Maybe she needs to work with this specific Furfrou and if she can't even get it trimmed, it would look bad on her record. It didn't mention she was a pro groomer or anything, just that she worked at this salon. Since this is her own Pokemon, she doesn't have to worry about losing a costumer, but it will still leave a bad mark at her job.

I think Moe has a point there though. The Original Series episode made a point that a Pokemon's looks are not as important as their health and feelings. If Jessica really does only care about Furfrou being trimmed nicely, no wonder it won't listen to her.

My guess is Jessica will be a stubborn and not understand why Furfrou hates getting trimmed. Ash and Co. will help show her that fashion isn't everything and Furfrou has feelings too. Jessica will tearfully apologize to Furfrou and Furfrou will agree to the haircut, as long as she's not so pushy in the future.
Idk?

My dog actually needs her fur trimmed about every six weeks, because it's beneficial to her health. (It also seems to make her happier/boost her confidence.) Perhaps trimming its fur goes beyond simple fashion, and actually has some health benefits not covered in the games? Especially if Furfrou's fur has grown too long and unruly.

I'd actually like something like that, instead of a generic lesson like "beauty is only skin deep." Why not, "Inner beauty counts, but you also need to take care of your outer self too?"

I would actually prefer it to not get a haircut at all if it doesn't want one. It's not mandatory to cut it's fur in the game, so unless it actually does affect it's health and well being, this episode would probably be a lot stronger if Furfrou was actually right and not the trimmer.

But if this isn't the case, I suspect it'll be because Furfrou wants a particular trim that the trimmer hasn't considered yet, and that's why it won't accept any other trims.

But if you don't trim it or let the 'mon do what it wants, I imagine a scenario very similar to this happening:

1374965296-0.jpg

also i realize that's a sheep and not a poodle but poodles look like lambs if you leave them ungroomed LOL

But other than a really fluffy Torimian I actually really just can't wait until I hear the name "Jessica" spoken by the Japanese.

For you know, reasons.

because it's also my name and also really hard for the japanese to say because there's no juh sound

"11/28「ポケモントリマーとトリミアン!」
旅の途中に立ち寄った町にカリスマトリマーがいると知ったセレナは、絶対に会いたいと目を輝かせていた。
そんな中、カリスマトリマーの弟子・ジェシカと出会い、悩みを聞いていると自称カリスマトリマーのムッサリーが現れた。
大橋 末田 樋口 堤 "

"11/28「ポケモントリマーとトリミアン!」
旅の途中に立ち寄った町にカリスマトリマーがいると知ったセレナは、絶対に会いたいと目を輝かせていた。
そんな中、カリスマトリマーの弟子・ジェシカと出会い、悩みを聞いていると自称カリスマトリマーのムッサリーが現れた。
大橋 末田 樋口 堤 "

What does it say?

The VA List.

Ash
Clemont